• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

LotusHD

Banned
Do I put "Open-world perfection" or "Triumphant. Groundbreaking. The pinnacle of Zelda." on the accolades image as Kotaku quote? Leaning towards the first cause it's shorter.

Either works tbh

EDIT: If I had to choose, I'd go with the latter.

Okay. Why is it the OT title though?

It isn't, though people want it to be. As for why.... Because it's a cute play on words, while also alluding to the whole "This is a really fucking good game" vibe that's been going on these last few days.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| You see all that grass, you can burn it.
or
|OT| Wii shall see if U are worthy of the Switch.

Sorry I had to try.

CrazyHorse

Seems like the Kotaku review leaked. Is this legit? https://twitter.com/CartridgeGames/status/837011178379481090

C52pNVFUYAAdQxn.jpg:large

Pinnacle of Zelda but not video games? Fake review!

WadeitOut

I'm blown away by how much stuff I found out was in this game only after watching people stream it. This game is a lot bigger than I was even expecting.

I'll give it to those previews that made overarching comparisons to Horizon. My hype for Zelda is through the roof right now due to them. I'm absolutely loving Horizon right now so I don't even know how I'm going to react to Zelda.

Omg I'll probably go crazy.

Glassboy

I'll give it to those previews that made overarching comparisons to Horizon. My hype for Zelda is through the roof right now due to them. I'm absolutely loving Horizon right now so I don't even know how I'm going to react to Zelda.

Horizon only gets better as you go. It's a pretty incredible time for new releases.

Vena

Obviously it will make you retroactively hate Horizon.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| Ocarina of Time dethroned

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| The game to surpass Ocarina of Time

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I've never digitally preordered anything on the Wii U before. Do they offer preloading by any chance? If so, any word on when that'll happen and if it works with the console in console sleep mode? I'd love for this to be downloaded and waiting for me after work on Friday.

Horizon only gets better as you go. It's a pretty incredible time for new releases.

Seriously. But even then, one of my top priorities is to double dip and buy Stardew Valley for Switch. That's too perfect, even if it's an older game.

Obviously it will make you retroactively hate Horizon.

Seriously though, if that remotely happens for me, that'll be something. Because I'm reading how great BotW is, and I believe it but I just can't imagine it what exactly that means.

And I've been on a Zelda blackout too. So... games gonna be intense.

sanstesy

Is the OT creator even reading this thread, though?

Otherwise, you people just wasted that time & energy on a video game forum. Wow!

Fracas

#fuckonami
So the only thing I know about this game is from the trailers and a quick look at the spoiler thread. I haven't finished a Zelda title since Wind Waker. This game looks pretty dope.

I also completely forgot it had voice acting, and that's neat.

Top Bottom