• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

Akhe

This game!!!!

aWjKhk10t_w_Wix2aGxNGaZziwYdfjwbZw6cDc1LsfmqvqCqDzKgp0Hv0Oj18hVirvWHA391pBNICacmUNKbem77Fup8Roi_l9wK7Ro=w500-h269-nc

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I'm going to see how long I can go without upgrading my Hearts and only upgrading Stamina. I have a totally unreasonable belief I will be able to hold my own in combat from the start and I do like stealthy games so I think I'll be able to use that to my advantage.

Have any of the previews mentioned just how much of an increase each Stamina level provides? 5-10%?

Finally caught up with the thread (read every. single. post. including those from that crazy FarFromAnyGame dude.)

The hype is triggering my anxiety. This is going to be THE game.

nampad

I've never seen a fire jelly enemy drawn towards an arrow sound hitting a barrel that makes it drawn towards said noise which I turn blows up the camp it was guarding. You know it wasn't link that blew up the barrel right?

If you would have bothered to read my first post about it, you would know.

Steiner

Banned
When running through large, open areas with dense grass and foliage I can barely hear the Nintendo Switch fan if there's no music playing.

Held my hand over the vent and the air coming out was quite hot. Also notice after a long play session when I took the Switch out of the dock it was pretty warm on the back. This thing really does sprint while docked.

Edit: I'm sitting about six feet away from the Switch and dock, just FYI.

When running through large, open areas with dense grass and foliage I can barely hear the Nintendo Switch fan if there's no music playing.

Held my hand over the vent and the air coming out was quite hot. Also notice after a long play session when I took the Switch out of the dock it was pretty warm on the back. This thing really does sprint while docked.

Edit: I'm sitting about six feet away from the Switch and dock, just FYI.

Yeah, a number of journalists have talked about this. It definitely gets warm in that dock.

I'm going to see how long I can go without upgrading my Hearts and only upgrading Stamina. I have a totally unreasonable belief I will be able to hold my own in combat from the start and I do like stealthy games so I think I'll be able to use that to my advantage.

Have any of the previews mentioned just how much of an increase each Stamina level provides? 5-10%?

I don't know but I think it might be 20%, I think I've only seen 1/5 and 2/5 of a circle in footage

If you want to hear Austin Walker gush about Zelda for an hour, listen to the latest Waypoint podcast.

Warning to Gaffers who can't stand it when people compare different games:
Lots of comparisons to Horizon and they aren't pretty

Astral Dog

If you want to hear Austin Walker gush about Zelda for an hour, listen to the latest Waypoint podcast.

Don't worry
Horizon will get the far better sales

KrawlMan

Why are we spoilering? Anyway, Horizon looks sick but in completely different ways than Zelda. When you say "they aren't pretty" what do you mean?

Dremorak

Banned
Guys. My copy doesnt arrive till a week after I get my switch. There are plenty of games I can play while I wait, but I dont think I can. I might buy it from ebgames and then attempt to return it lol

Man, My tastes are a lot like Austin's specially on Far Cry 2, this is going to be great .

Basically Zelda>>Horizon.

I really hope you're not implying that's what I was inferring, personally.

Edit - Sorry, you weren't. I read that wrong. Yeah, that's what he's saying in the podcast, but it's more than that. It's a really good discussion on Zelda, which some bits of the other game thrown in.

Alrus

I'm getting way too excited for this, I hadn't felt this way for a game for a while...

You don't think so? :p

I mean I don't think this is the right thread to talk sales but outside of Skyward Sword, Zelda games usually sell pretty well and Horizon is a new IP. In the end it all depends on how the Switch keeps selling over the year. I expect them to have similar sales by the end of their respective lives. (aka they're both going to be successes)

KrawlMan

Basically Zelda>>Horizon.

Probably should nip this convo in the bud before it gets outa control (like every Horizon/Zelda thread before it), but the more people talk about these games through previews/reviews the more it looks like they are delivering very different experiences. I can't wait to play both.

Instro

I really hope you're not implying that's what I was inferring, personally.

Edit - Sorry, you weren't. I read that wrong. Yeah, that's what he's saying in the podcast, but it's more than that. It's a really good discussion on Zelda, which some bits of the other game thrown in.

OK thought I had gone crazy for second when I first saw your post lol. And yes I'm being reductive, I haven't heard the full discussion to be honest.

Copper

it's too bad there isn't any Wii U footage. Would like to see how it looks and runs. Switch 900p Wii U is 720p correct?

Instro

Probably should nip this convo in the bud before it gets outa control (like every Horizon/Zelda thread before it), but the more people talk about these games through previews/reviews the more it looks like they are delivering very different experiences. I can't wait to play both.

I don't disagree, unfortunately it's going to happen anyway given that we have a few journos already making those kinds of comments.

Top Bottom