• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Man that is weird looking.

I forget Nintendo is barely coming into the HD gen. It's going to be a visually ugly next couple of years. :p

Hey at least that's an actual reason.

Which I'm completely okay with someone espousing. It definitely doesn't have the stark contrasts between the lighted and shaded of the original.

Yeah, and I just noticed how weird the water looks this way. With this new style the water looks completely solid, but it shouldn't considering the way light defuses in the air.

If they went with this style, the water would need to be somewhat transparent.

gdt

It looks pretty good...but its not that big a jump IMO. The game looked amazing already.

It also looks a little weird. Might just prefer it in Dolphin.

Do not want.

They fucked up the artstyle. the worst is it Nintendo themselves fucked it up, and we can't even balme some exterior developer....

The updated graphics aren't enough of an improvement (WW still looks beautiful) to sell me this game, but I love WW enough that if they can throw in some substantial new features, I'll probably double dip.

Pictobox quest should be awesome.

Doran902

grats to the windwaker fans out there

im not one of them, and would like a new experience or atleast something to play on my wii u haha

brerwolfe

My only concern is that if the new Zelda in development (not WWHD) is going to look like this:

ibu3nGlzMZICML.png

or like this:
I had to check my browser, I thought I was looking at an archived post from 1999.

nubbe

WWHD is like over a year away...

A lot will be done in the visual department.
These are pictures from experimental build

Awesome news!!! I hope they drop that fetch quest like 5ooo rupees, scrolls and triforce collection and add 3 or 4 more dungeons.

But that sun in da Wind Waker is about to go supernova. That's the brigthest light i've ever seen. i hope i don't go blind on this one. Lol!!

Wow, holy hell. Just saw this news. I'm so so in. I don't even have a WiiU yet, but this seals it.

Dear Nintendo: any chance we could throw in those other two dungeons and maybe have a 3DS Tingle Tuner?

Looks good enough, if you prefer the original, well just play the original in Dolphin? At least it's completely remade and hence worth a rebuy.

effzee

Wait what is this about missing dungeons?

I am so behind on some of this news.

Wanted MM HD over this but what the hell haven't played WW since it came out the first time so can't wait!

Game is also obviously super early in development since they didn't even show it in video form. Hopefully it looks more "HD" then the pictures show for its release.

Has it been confirmed to be released this fall?

I think people are being a little artistically snobbish in here. If you have any attachment whatsoever to this game (a nearly flawless Zelda game aside from the triforce fetch quest and also the ocean's boringness sometimes), then you have to be elated that this is being made.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've always wondered how much progress was made on the cut dungeons.

There's a lot a scrapped data on the disc and yet all of it seems to be alternative or old version of places already in the game. It seems the fabled two missing dungeons were scrapped at a a really early stage. If there is little data for them to quickly fix up I wouldn't have high hopes of them being included.

I personally like the new visuals. I'm already so used to the vanilla game in HD using Dolphin that i'd like a change, and i'm sure Nintendo know this. The lighting is spectacular (although i'd really like them to tone down that bloom) and the more 3D character models look cool. It's the gameplay enhancements that really interest me though - such as how it will utilize the gamepad and how much of the original game's fat they will trim. Granted, it was already by far the best in the series, so the prospect of it getting even better is giddying.

kinggroin

Banned
...eh

Visually it looks alright. Reminds me of mine craft for 360 (color palette and lighting).

Hopefully a significant amount of new content is added, otherwise this is a rental at best. Its also hard to get excited for something end of the year

Oh, that's nice. I was under the impression it was going to be an "HD Remake", meaning just the emulated game running at 1080p. It's nice that they're updating the models, shaders and (looks like) textures. I really hope there's a "hard mode" of some kind.

But jesus christ that bloom. Tone that shit down.

Vidiot

WW still looks fantastic on my gamecube so just upping (if you can call it that) the graphics is a little disappointing. Hope for some new content. I know I'll get it either way since I'm a Zelda nut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom