• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

Maybe they can add in that dungeon that was originally cut from the game?

It would depend on how far along they actually got with the cut dungeons. If they didn't get past the conceptual stage it's likely they wouldn't even bother trying to add them to this remake.

A dungeon also requires a boss, so who even knows if they had bosses for the two cut dungeons... does anyone know anything about how far these dungeons got development wise? Or is it just like the other OoT beta things that were just mere concepts and tests that never made it into the game?

Protocol7

Even though I am a huge fan of WW and I'm really happy about this announcement, wasn't it one of the Zeldas that gamers hated, because of the graphic style/chara design (which I think is just gorgeous and so cute)?

Seda

Even though I am a huge fan of WW and I'm really happy about this announcement, wasn't it one of the Zeldas that gamers hated, because of the graphic style/chara design (which I think is just gorgeous and so cute)?

Sometimes I feel like every Zelda game is hated

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
WW's my second favorite 3D Zelda, but they really shouldn't have chosen this one to remake. OoT gets hoseda again. :(

Frodo

Oh, gawd! Just saw the pictures in a screen that is not my phone's and now I'm even more hyped!

Still too much bloom, and still too saturated when it comes to the colours, but it is sure looking good.

Would buy a Wii U just for that. Just like I bought my GC because of the original <3

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Zelda fans are fickle. This thread is a textbook example of this.

3b3757_3182611.jpg

Davey Cakes

WW's my second favorite 3D Zelda, but they really shouldn't have chosen this one to remake. OoT gets hoseda again. :(
The last thing the Zelda series needs is another remake or re-release of OoT.

Wind Waker is the best example of a flawed masterpiece within the series. It deserves more attention.

Revven

There's been a growing love of the game over the years. If anything, WW is loved more universally now, while TP is still in limbo mediocre-land and SS is either liked or hated depending on your experience with the motion controls.

Going hot off of OoT to Wind Waker was definitely what caused the hate to surround it for the first several years. But it's like after TP everybody sees why WW was so good.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The last thing the Zelda series needs is another remake or re-release of OoT.

Wind Waker is the best example of a flawed masterpiece within the series. It deserves more attention.

Well, I really doubt Aonuma's gonna add any new goodies in the game or fix some of the previous problems it had. Would have made the remake a bit better, but at the moment it just seems like a visual makeover only.

Trickster

So much fucking bloom in those screenshots.

Guess it's nintendos turn to have games with stupid amount of it on their console now huh..

iavi

Looking at the screens on my computer now...

I love the direction, but all dem jaggies, my god; as it is, I'm gonna need to run this one through dolphin too.

Sometimes I feel like every Zelda game is hated

Just a possibility, but... maybe there is more than one Zelda fan in the world?

Hear me out. What if, instead of this one Zelda fan making posts under tons of usernames, there are multiple people. Some of them loved the WW art style from the beginning and still do. Some hated it and still do. Some changed their mind.

The world makes a lot more sense if there is more than one person.

Myriadis

Looks really good, close to the classic artstyle while improving the graphics considerably. But more important, I hope that they fix the gameplay issues Wind Waker had.
It would be already enough for the triforce quest to, instead of sailing the sea looking for the pieces, giving you the pieces in the chests that normally contain the triforce charts. It would be wonderful if they add more islands or make them bigger and increase the difficulty significantly.

Metaroo

I really hope they add in some difficulty settings or something to make the enemies and boss fights more challenging. Maybe a "Hero Mode" ala Squidward's Sword.

Aside from wanting the cut content to be finished and included, the only real change I want to the gameplay is to make it faster to change the wind direction. Adjust it with the touchscreen or something that doesn't require you to pull out the baton every time and wait for the animation to play. And the camera available from the start. Game can stay the same everywhere else.

Kouriozan

I just want more dungeons, that is the only thing I didn't like on Gamecube, too few dungeons.
Even if it's just a bonus dungeon like Zelda Link's Awakening GBC.

Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda, but the jump doesn't look to big to warrant a remake. Either way if I get a Wii U, will definitely pick this up.

Mit-

3b3757_3182611.jpg

I think they've hit all the right notes at one point or another in 3D Zelda's post-N64 career.

Wind Waker: amazing amount of character, cartoony style helps with this, but it was ALL cartoon

Twilight Princess: Gameplay is great, dungeon design is great, but world is overall pretty lifeless. Large lack of character.

Skyward Sword: IMO the ideal graphics style for 3D Zelda. Perfectly combines the colorful world of Wind Waker with a more realistic/grownup style (like Twilight Princess). However lacked any kind of real open world (not much exploring to do in the empty sky with a map of everything) and was a pretty easy game.

Take Twilight Princess' open world/swordplay/difficulty (although preferably make it even more difficult), Wind Waker's character, and Skyward Sword's graphic style, and use that as a base for the next Zelda and you should be good. Just make sure the new gimmick doesn't screw everything up.

Anyways this still looks like shit. Put the cel-shading back and turn off bloom etc etc.

Revven

I really hope they add in some difficulty settings or something to make the enemies and boss fights more challenging. Maybe a "Hero Mode" ala Squidward's Sword.

Well they already have a Hero Mode in the game, technically... except it never upped the difficulty. All it did was give Link an alternate costume.

The coding is already there, they just need to add more sprinkles on top to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom