• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes |OT| Purple Link just didn't stay fresh enough.

Well, this isn't working.

Kinsei, mind if I join you for ice challenges? I need to complete most of those, and I need some materials from ice world

Totakeke

I don't think you should gust the bomb person to hit the switch. Just totem and shoot the gust to hit the switch. Lost a couple of seconds there.

I don't think it is. I played with Zero the other night and there was no lag.

What are you looking to do? I'm up for either playing through the Ice Cavern challenges or playing through the Fortress onwards.

I was playing with randoms earlier and it was smooth though. Maybe just today?

I don't think you should gust the bomb person to hit the switch. Just totem and shoot the gust to switch the orb. Lost a couple of seconds there.

I was playing with randoms earlier and it was smooth though. Maybe just today?
But theres also the timer extension

yeah I'm in the spreadsheet. I think I added you as well

Conezays

Sorry guys, my screen is literally barely moving, Lol. Nearly impossible to input controls properly.

Maybe a good spot to take a break and see if the lag's better a bit later for me.

Kinsei

Banned
Sorry guys, my screen is literally barely moving, Lol. Nearly impossible to input controls properly.

Maybe a good spot to take a break and see if the lag's better a bit later for me.

Same here. This lag is unbearable. That boss should have been super easy.

Zero_IYAD

Spent the last hour in the coliseum, 1st time trying it.
It's a waaaaaay easier path to get rare items!
We can even arrange it together so each one of us wins all the items in every arena!

Guess I'll spend more time there tomorrow, some super rare items we get after clearing all challenges in a world can be acquired there in a few minutes.

Spent the last hour in the coliseum, 1st time trying it.
It's a waaaaaay easier path to get rare items!
We can ever arrange it together so each one of us wins all the items in every arena!

Guess I'll spend more time there tomorrow, some super rare items we get after clearing all challenges in a world can be acquired there in a few minutes.
How I got sword master suit

TheMoon

Anyone having fun playing through this alone?

Replayed a level today on the train home with a challenge enabled (2-1 with 2x stamina spend). It was fun to figure out how to manage the timing puzzles with multitasking instead of just waltzing through it with your teammates.

My boyfriend and I just got copies of this game yesterday and have had a lot of fun, our random 3rds were mostly a good mix of competent and relaxed.

I tried going online by myself today and I keep getting people who drop if they don't get their Drablands challenge or are super controlling with the "lets go" button spam among other things. Then one person leaves and it's all over :/

I think I'll just wait to play till my boyfriend can play online with me or do the battle mode. Luckily I have at least one other friend (maybe even two) getting the game soon so I can get those friendship tokens and not have to deal with random droppers.

Zero_IYAD

I asked on Gamefaqs how to clear the time limited/transport the orb challenge in the Bomb Storage stage & got a great response:

The ninja outfit lets you dash without that stupid stationary warm up, and it rams for 3heart damage. The key to this fight is quickly maneuvering and dispatching enemies with minimal effort. (Your gust jar is instrumental to that, due to the area's limited footholds) big bombs are only really useful at the end. Also the gust jar can trigger switches, and simultaneous gust jar use doubles how far the cargo lift at the end goes. If you want to bring a big bomb outfit for that last phase (two big bomb blasts kill those bosses), make sure a ninja is carrying him at any given time.

Also: don't be afraid to use your health as currency. A time out is worse than a lost life in most cases.
I don't have the ninja outfit nor the one that boosts the gust jar.
So I have to farm materials in the coliseum, make the outfits & give this a try.
I do wanna clear all challenges.
Anyone would like to join me?

Zero_IYAD

This game is becoming unplayable.
It has the potential to serve for weeks, but with the trashy random players online & with no penalty system the game is turning out horrible on the long run.
I've been trying to get a few items in the coliseum for the past 2 hours & the amount of people quitting just because they're losing is unbelievable!
I might quit playing if this keeps going on.

Kinsei

Banned
This game is becoming unplayable.
It has the potential to serve for weeks, but with the trashy random players online with no penalty system the game is turning out horrible on the long run.
I've been trying to get a few items in the coliseum for the past 2 hours & the amount of people quitting just because they're losing is unbelievable!
I might quit playing if this keeps going on.

Ugh, that sucks.

I lucked out the other day and got a random who after a while we managed to come to the understanding that we'd keep switching off who won so we could both get the items we needed.

Boogiepop

Okay, so is there some kind of trick to who gets the rare material? Played through a bare minimum of at least 10 tonight and never was the one to get it. Feels bad.

Junahu

Okay, so is there some kind of trick to who gets the rare material? Played through a bare minimum of at least 10 tonight and never was the one to get it. Feels bad.
It's not as bad as playing through a bunch of levels you've done before to grab the common materials, and getting the rare ones you no longer need.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I finally finished single player mode, god was it boring and unplayable. I had to abuse the skip function to make the game end quicker.

Anyway it wasn't all bad, I liked Styla, Hytopa and the music just wish that this was a proper Zelda game.

I also tried out on-line co-op never in my life have I been so bored and I didn't like playing with other people in a Zelda game.

To me Triforce Heroes is the worse Zelda game that I have ever played.

Kinsei

Banned
So I finally finished single player mode, god was it boring and unplayable. I had to abuse the skip function to make the game end quicker.

Anyway it wasn't all bad, I liked Styla, Hytopa and the music just wish that this was a proper Zelda game.

I also tried out on-line co-op never in my life have I been so bored and I didn't like playing with other people in a Zelda game.

To me Triforce Heroes is the worse Zelda game that I have ever played.

Never played the original Four Swords/Four Swords Anniversary?

Cindro

Alright! Just picked up two copies... one for me and one for my sis. Between the two of us, the online rando problems should at least be *somewhat* mitigated. Short of having three local players, this seems to be the second best way to play this game.

I'm excited - even if it's a low-end Zelda game, there's no way in hell it can be any worse than Phantom Hourglass.

Zero_IYAD

Finally done with the Fortress' ((World 5)) challenges.
Had to change teams so many times till I found a competent one to clear the time limit challenge in the Bomb Storage.
Need partners to clear World 6-8 challenges.
I'm sick of the randomness of online players, need friends to do this :(

Grizzo

I like the game so far, too bad the game just takes you back to the main hall whenever there is a communication error. They should replace the player whose connection crashed with a bot or even a dummy.

What's also frustrating is to play the same level again and again when other people vote for it. Racing on the same track never gets old in Mario Kart because anything can happen, but in a Zelda dungeon well nothing really changes so it quickly gets boring.

Solo mode is also tedious. It's hard to achieve some actions while switching between the three characters!

So, anyone want to play? I'm still really early in the game (Like still not done with the first world early), but I'd like to get some teammates. :D

2578-3146-5356

I'm having the biggest problems with the second level of the dunes.
How the hell do you find the right balance when fighting the buzzard? My whole team keeps falling of and it's annoying as shit.

I'm having the biggest problems with the second level of the dunes.
How the hell do you find the right balance when fighting the buzzard? My whole team keeps falling of and it's annoying as shit.

Try to balance the platform, and then throw one of them to the side platforms where the boss sits on. Then let them camp it out.

killroy87

I'm not sure if anyone will know the answer to this, but;

I know 3DS games are region locked. But can I use download play to play multiplayer with a friend who has a UK 3DS? Or is that somehow blocked too?

Top Bottom