• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Wii-U Shown at Nintendo Digital Event ["2015"]

One thing I should have said about the "tier system" that Ansatz brought up is that it could work or it couldn't(It's an interesting idea, thanks for throwing it out there).
We haven't seen something like that be implemented into a Zelda game, but we have seen a truly open system with little to no barriers be implemented into the series.
I feel that it's more logical to assume that they're taking a lot of inspiration from ALBW than creating an entirely new structure.
Until we learn more about the game, I'll fear for the puzzle design.

3bdelilah

Banned
Got any Aonuma questions? Post'em in the next 20 mins.

Assuming they stick with the non-linearity of dungeons progress like ALBW, what will they do to guarantee progressively challenging dungeons? Because ALBW's were piss easy.

And of course, when will we see the first actual gameplay footage?

3bdelilah

Banned
How big is the world in the new Zelda game?

Compared to Gta 4, Red Dead Redemption

Wouldn't get your hopes up, will definitely not be larger than 25% or something I'd guess. :p Which is perfectly fine, I wouldn't want them to do it too big. Because frankly, I'm not sure if I can trust Nintendo to build a big world with enough content (*cough* TP *cough*). But Zelda U sure did look absolutely beautiful.

Shaanyboi

Banned

- Would they consider adding an option to pick a male/female Link at the start of the game? Especially considering the response to people thinking Link was a girl from that reveal?
- Why the change in the character's outfit? (it looks great btw)
- Who is directing the new game?
- Zelda focuses alot on making unique and interesting NPCs and environments. How has the transition to an HD platform effected their approach?
- How has the response to Link Between Worlds' experiment with open progression effected their approach to this game?

- Majora's Mask remake?

AdanVC

We will learn more about the game this year?

This is pretty much my only question as well. It would be so difficult to wait until the next E3 without any info/footage/trailers in between :( Everything else is spot on to me. I trust in Aonuma and team.

Vibranium

Banned

Mr. Aonuma, have you considered expanding Link as a character, such as written dialogue and voice acting? I know that the intention was for him to be an avatar for the player but over the years some fans have started to want more from the interactions of the Zelda universe.

Love your work and keep making your games with the passion that you guys have.

RPGCrazied

Is that Epona in the footage? Is there still traditional dungeons with items? When in 2015 is the game looking to be released? How big is the game world? When can we expect new footage or a real trailer?

Will the game have sometimes a darker tone like Majoras Mask or Shadow Temple from OoT?

Is there a MM remake in the works?

Dungeons in the latest Zelda games have been too easy. Do you plan to make them harder and more complex again?

When do we see more footage of the game? (Hopefully Treehouse but if not...)

Fyrion

The Enemy Boss-kind overworld encounters like shown in the trailer would happen like scripted cutscenes or they'll appear randomly?

MattyG

Banned
What is he going to do to try to fix fans' complaints from ALBW? (E.g. dungeons being too easy due to item rental, the game lacking the depth and difficulty of previous 2D Zelda's, etc.)

Will everything in the world be seamless, or just the overworld? By that, I mean will there be loading screens in and out of buildings, dungeons, etc.

Edit: sheeeeet, I didn't even look at the time. Missed that 20 minute window.

I asked a question above but for what actually?! Is there a press event with aonuma or anything like that? It seems i missed something special...:(

Big One

Banned
How does it tie into the other Zelda games? (aka where does it take place in the timeline)
Aside from making it open world, what Zelda conventions are you aiming to break?
Is there voice acting in this game? (do not ask if he's already stated there is in the above question)

Do not ask him stuff like if Link is a girl or if the game is CG or gameplay...we already know the answer to both.

Top Bottom