• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Wii-U Shown at Nintendo Digital Event ["2015"]

That appears to be what we sometimes call an "excerpt"

That's just one part. I'll have a few stories.

Worth noting: I came in with a giant list of Zelda 2015 questions, but Aonuma wanted to talk about Hyrule Warriors, so don't expect a ton of Zelda 2015 news. I've got some cool nuggets coming in the next few days, though!

Yes, I edited it already, sorry. I was so excited I posted it after reading just a few lines, and I thought that was the whole interview for a second. Should've seen my face when I reached the end of the piece.

Yeah, this year was the Zelda tease, next year will be the big blowout at E3. Hopefully we'll get something between now and then, but I'm actually happy with the reveal.

Sigh... I really don't want to wait an entire another year to get a proper look at the new game. Damn this sucks but I guess that's Nintendo for you.

I mean, who knows

A Link Between Worlds got randomly announced in like a March Nintendo Direct. There was no real logic to the Rosalina or Little Mac Smash reveals. They could drop more Zelda details whenever.

I think you're overselling it, but alright, maybe it wasn't the best example to use. I don't really want to get into it on this specific point, but I was trying to argue for tiered dungeons in the broader sense, to which I still say the negatives for which are very overblown. I don't think you can gauge a dungeon's complexity and depth merely based on how many items it makes you use (though I would think more than one would be nice).

Well I wasn't trying to exaggerate things, I was honestly trying to be descriptive. haha

I guess We're going to have to agree to disagree on the last point.
Some of the best puzzle design in the series involves the use of multiple items. Skyward Sword was highly praised for doing this in the field, and in the dungeons.

I can only hope that EAD3 realizes how genius of an idea it was to have the environment be a big dungeon.

To complete Fire temple you need the bow.
The bow is inside the forest temple.

To complete the water temple you need the hammer.
The hammer is inside the fire temple.
This is completely incorrect. There is only one place in the Fire Temple where the Bow is required, and it's for a completely optional door. It is not required to reach the Fire Temple either.

And there are no dungeons that require you to use the Megaton Hammer in them or to get to them other than the Fire Temple. You're not required to use it after the Fire Tempe until Ganon's Castle.

Trust me, I know Ocarina of Time backwards and inside out.

I guess We're going to have to agree to disagree on the last point.
Fair enough.

Damn he wasted a question on a remake that may never exist instead of Zelda U :(

Edit:

Worth noting: I came in with a giant list of Zelda 2015 questions, but Aonuma wanted to talk about Hyrule Warriors, so don't expect a ton of Zelda 2015 news. I've got some cool nuggets coming in the next few days, though!

NM sorry! Looking forward to reading it!

One thing I am liking are the various npcs out in the field. One of the things I felt the 3d Zeldas has always struggled with is making the whole world feel lively and populated. I hope this game has more random NPCs lurking around the overworld, and I hope we have more than 1 town that is populated like the Hyrule Castle town in Twilight Princess.

One thing I am liking are the various npcs out in the field. One of the things I felt the 3d Zeldas has always struggled with is making the whole world feel lively and populated. I hope this game has more random NPCs lurking around the overworld, and I hope we have more than 1 town that is populated like the Hyrule Castle town in Twilight Princess.

I agree with everything in this post.

-Horizon-

;-;

Neff

I also think people might be becoming too invested in the open world aspect. I'm sure it'll be fantastic, but I'm worried if it's not exactly what people are hyping it up to be, then there will be a backlash (even if it's still awesome in its own right).

We know barely anything about the game, I feel it's too early to put all your hype into hoping it plays exactly like a traditional open world game. You'll be disappointed. It'll be it's own thing, and I'm sure it'll be great.

It won't be as big as say, a Bethesda game, Skyrim influence or not. Maybe not even Dragon's Dogma big. Nintendo value craft and creation too much to rely on procedural generation and large areas of little note or importance. But I do expect sidequests, and I expect them to be more significant and involved than the typical go find/kill this guy/guys or get/take this item from/to location x, if not as time-consuming. Basically a massive version of the first NES game with a dash of LTTP.

RiggyRob

Anything on the Hyrule Warriors treasure box, or was I too late in asking?

2014 reveal the game
2015 E3 blowout
2016 finally released after 2015 delay

This sounds about right.
There is a possibility that we might get it in 2015, but if I were a betting girl I'd go for 2016.
:p

Edit: I forgot to mention that we could get a 2015 direct dedicated to the game before the next E3.

RPGCrazied

So no more info at E3 I guess? Well, that it disappointing. I was expecting a little more than what we got, specially since how far into development they said it was, and the fact they could have shown it off last year.

So no more info at E3 I guess? Well, that it disappointing. I was expecting a little more than what we got, specially since how far into development they said it was, and the fact they could have shown it off last year.

Probably holding their cards close to their chest. Who knows it might show up at a Nintendo Direct towards the end of the year.

royox

And there are no dungeons that require you to use the Megaton Hammer in them or to get to them other than the Fire Temple. You're not required to use it after the Fire Tempe until Ganon's Castle.

Excuse me but I remember that u need the hammer to open the last door of the Ice Cavern. The one before the Iron boots (No iron boots---> No water temple).

You need the hammer inside water temple to make one of theese rise:
64.png
The last one just before using the boss key.

Also you need the hammer a few times in Spirit temple and I think once inside Shadow Temple.

Edit: Shit...that was on Master Quest Ocarina of Time......you could be right.

The wait to see more of Zelda U and Xenoblade X is going to kill me, I think. They are my most anticipated games currently, and the thought of it being another year before we see more makes me so sad. As someone else said, maybe a Direct later this year will show off more.

georly

Excuse me but I remember that u need the hammer to open the last door of the Ice Cavern. The one before the Iron boots (No iron boots---> No water temple).

You need the hammer inside water temple to make one of theese rise:
64.png
The last one just before using the boss key.

Also you need the hammer a few times in Spirit temple and I think once inside Shadow Temple.

Edit: Shit...that was on Master Quest Ocarina of Time......you could be right.

Yeah, master quest requires it, but not normal. My route for playing OOT is to go to ice cavern first, just because I can. I usually do fire temple second to last (though maybe i got the hammer and then left?), actually (shadow in kakariko cutscene won't trigger otherwise).

georly

In the Era of the direct will see more zelda. I kinda think zedla u will fill the roll of smash.

Nah, no way. Smash can reveal a character and be fine for every direct. Zelda we may see possibly 1 more teaser/trailer before next year's E3, but not necessarily. After next year's E3 we might see more.

Votron

My money would be on 720p/60fps. During the albw iawata asks they went on about how important 60fps was for the game. I think they releases 1080p shots for games that ended up 720p before. Mario kart I think?

You think? THey've NEVER realeased such.. Unless you are talking about the Promo character shots.. Every in-game Mario kart shot has been 720p.. I will gladly eat my word if you happen to find a 1080p screen of MK8 - A LEGIT one albeit.

Heroman

Banned
Nah, no way. Smash can reveal a character and be fine for every direct. Zelda we may see possibly 1 more teaser/trailer before next year's E3, but not necessarily. After next year's E3 we might see more.

Not in every direct but I do see zelda filling that roll. After smash, zelda is there next biggest game and they need to keep the hype going.

georly

Not in every direct but I do see zelda filling that roll. After smash zelda is there next big game and they need to keep the hype going.

We might get another announcement for something else, like... pokken! Then we can get pokken trailers every direct :p

Not in every direct but I do see zelda filling that roll. After smash, zelda is there next biggest game and they need to keep the hype going.

Splatoon seems to be getting a pretty good response from the fans(I don't know about the press), so I'm sure they can pimp that out with trailers for new modes and levels.

It won't be as big as say, a Bethesda game, Skyrim influence or not. Maybe not even Dragon's Dogma big. Nintendo value craft and creation too much to rely on procedural generation and large areas of little note or importance. But I do expect sidequests, and I expect them to be more significant and involved than the typical go find/kill this guy/guys or get/take this item from/to location x, if not as time-consuming. Basically a massive version of the first NES game with a dash of LTTP.

Yeah. Sometimes you can have a world so big that you won't possibly finish it before completing the game. I dont want 2,000 side quests just to have it. Who's going to invest 2,000 hours in a single game these days? Maybe 75 or 100 nice, neat, different side quests would be enough.

Splatoon pretty rad but it not even on the level of hyrule warriors let alone zelda.

I'm sure they will hype up Zelda, but I just can't see them revealing tiny tidbits about the game in the way that they do with Smash.
The franchise doesn't consist of the kind of elements that give SSB the ability to hype players up over multiple Directs.

In the Era of the direct will see more zelda. I kinda think zedla u will fill the roll of smash.

No way, they hardly release much footage of any Zelda before it's released. Normally just show off some gameplay with some old items and some of the very first areas. I was more thinking a possible like 2-3 min gameplay trailer in a year end direct to keep the hype going strong into 2015.

Heroman

Banned
I'm sure they will hype up Zelda, but I just can't see them revealing tiny tidbits about the game in the way that they do with Smash.
The franchise doesn't consist of the kind of elements that give SSB the ability to hype players up over multiple Directs.

By multiple I mean like two or three. I can see it at Oct. , Feb and or Arpil direct. If they are crazy we might see it at the Aug direct

One of the things I like about Dark Souls that strongly reminds me of the Oracle games and the original LoZ is wearable rings that have different effects. Hope this concept returns.

Looking forward to it. And thanks.

-Horizon-

Are there any more high quality screens like the ones from the OP that I may have missed in these how ever many pages? I'm using the ones in the OP as my wallpaper and they are just fantastic.

Are there any more high quality screens like the ones from the OP that I may have missed in these how ever many pages? I'm using the ones in the OP as my wallpaper and they are just fantastic.

Unfortunately there's just the 4 HD stills. At this point I doubt they'll even put out a high-quality version of the trailer.

Busaiku

I don't think this'll suffer from as many delays as other titles.
It was far enough that they could show in-engine footage. When other Skyward Sword was "revealed", it was just the one piece of art.

I imagine we'll get a better look in the next major direct (either October or January).

jmizzal

Yeah, this year was the Zelda tease, next year will be the big blowout at E3. Hopefully we'll get something between now and then, but I'm actually happy with the reveal.

I hope they give us something before Hyrule Warriors come out, and then something else early next year and then a big blow out at E3 next year. I cant go a year without anything but vague remakes.

Yup this was a big thing I wanted too, they need more random characters just going about their daily lives in the world, I want a living breathing World, and towns need to be populated, imagine an expantion of Castle town in HD.

I don't think this'll suffer from as many delays as other titles.
It was far enough that they could show in-engine footage. When other Skyward Sword was "revealed", it was just the one piece of art.

I imagine we'll get a better look in the next major direct (either October or January).

Skyward Sword had a ton of things done by the time E3 2010 came around(One year before it's release in 2011). They showed the concept art in 2009 because people wanted to know about Zelda, but nothing was ready to show. They were just throwing people a bone.
If EAD3 had a playable Zelda U with a lot of completed content there would have been a much bigger blow out than what we saw. Especially if they are going for a 2015 release date.
The Digital Event trailer was the equivalent of the 2009 drawing in video form, as far as I'm concerned.

Busaiku

There won't be anything at TGS.
Nintendo doesn't attend TGS.

Not like no conferences or anything, they don't have games there.

Top Bottom