• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Wii-U Shown at Nintendo Digital Event ["2015"]

eXistor

I made this suggestion a couple weeks ago in a speculation thread, and now that we know it's definitely open world I wanted to bring it up again. Transportation is obviously going to be a huge part of the game what with it's large, open map, but how many modes of transportation will there be? Usually we have just one, based on the region. In OOT and TP we have Epona due to there not being any bodies of water other than Hylia Lake. In SS we have the Loftwing, and in WW we have the boat. Could we finally get multiple methods of transportation in one game to go along with the open world?

I think Dragon's Dogma had a great way of fast-travel. You could find extremely rare teleportation portals that you could place around the world pretty much wherever you wanted (I think in your first game there was only 1 or 2). You could pick them back up and place them somewhere else if you wanted. To use them you had to find or buy uncommon teleportation stones (pretty expensive too iirc) and use them to even be able to teleport. I think such a grounded system could work for Zelda too.

But first and foremost I'm hoping for physical means of transport, like of course Epona and maybe a loftwing to fly on.

Sendou

The 3d Mario game team is working on captain toad.

EAD Tokyo is working on both Captain Toad Treasure Tracker for Wii U and on a Mario game for unspecified platform. It has been stated before that Nintendo has gradually started increasing EAD Tokyo's size and now it is at a point they can handle two bigger games at a time.

Interestingly enough Captain Toad Tresure Tracker is probably what game out of this:

Q. What is your next job?

KH: At the moment, Super Mario 3D World, 100%.

YK: I can not disclose now, but soon we will make an announcement.

So the fact that what they showed was gameplay has me even more excited for this. Metroid and Zelda make me excited like no other fucking games can. Release of this can not come soon enough.

379ch.gif

They WILL definately show Zelda on the Treehouse, how can anyone doubt that? There are so many reasons for it.

1. It's a 2015 game, many 2015 game were shown on this event
2. Skyward Sword was revealed in 2010 and had a demo too, arrived in late 2011 (just like now 2014->2015)
3. Reggie said the game is far in development
4. Treehouse is about showing "newly announced games" It's a big event and Zelda U is their biggest title.
5. Aonuma is there, he doesn't fly to E3 for a game he didn't even made.
6. The reveal was too short for a 2015 game. It's very likely that they want to focus on their Treehouse event, "going in-depth" with the title.

Just think about it. They will show it today, I'm 100% sure.
Disappointment incoming. :p

They won't show it.

Sadist

No show indeed.

But I don't mind. I know what it's going to look like, know somewhat about the scope and I saw Link being a badass. My itch has been scratched.

Litri

After watching the trailer a thousand times I still can't believe Nintendo finally made it and went open world. This could very well be the game of this decade if Nintendo doesn't fail and
delivers a truly open world experience akin or superior to the ones we have been getting lately in other platforms.

Heroman

Banned
379ch.gif

They WILL definately show Zelda on the Treehouse, how can anyone doubt that? There are so many reasons for it.

2. Skyward Sword was revealed in 2010 and had a demo too, arrived in late 2011 (just like now 2014->2015)
4. Treehouse is about showing "newly announced games" It's a big event and Zelda U is their biggest title.
6. The reveal was too short for a 2015 game. It's very likely that they want to focus on their Treehouse event, "going in-depth" with the title.

Also they revealed so little for a game that been in development of 3 years. Especially when compared to tp reveal which was 1 year after ww.

monome

I so much wish Nintendo went for something more akin to the 2D view...

I have pretty much zero desire for Zelda to be focused on mounts for travel and agile combat mechanics...

RPGCrazied

379ch.gif

I really hope you are right, but I feel you probably are going to be disappointed. I don't think we will see anymore, but I'm hoping for at least some discussion about it.

Art?! Hmm...not sure about that point.

Dampflokfreund is way to hyped...his heart will be broken by tomorrow. :(

...the hype is dead....he just posted this in the Treehouse thread:

Urgh, I think we can bury our dreams of Zelda U at E3... The Miiverse post translated with Google translator.

Everyone in the Zelda community, hello. Now, I've come to Los Angeles in the United States.

E3 show was started this year! Yesterday, aired the "Nintendo Digital Event", the other, I hope you can see now?

I am asked to everyone in the media "is not it movie just PR for That?" And for the video of the new Zelda Wii U that published, but in fact, it is in the video running on Wii U properly, I " are you saying that it! "can walk if you think of going to the mountains visible in the distance is not a lie.

Because I think the E3 of next year, would like to be able to play in practice, please stay tuned.

Yesterday, in a venue of this E3, and "Zelda Warriors", along with Hayashi's Tecmo Koei, I was allowed to talk and appeared to be broadcast live on the Internet for the "Nintendo Treehouse Live at E3" I think so, If you are interested there is also, at a later date, and if you look at Nintendo's website in the "E3 special site".

Why didn't they translate that too?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYn2C7g4HQ

dampflokfreund, post if you're ok!!

...the hype is dead....he just posted this in the Treehouse thread:

dampflokfreund, post if you're ok!!

Although I think it's unlikely to appear again, the post technically talks about wanting to let other people play it (i.e. a demo on the show floor) at the next E3 and not that we won't see more during this year's show.

Although I think it's unlikely to appear again, the post technically talks about wanting to let other people play it (i.e. a demo on the show floor) at the next E3 and not that we won't see more during this year's show.

2408813-6497602437-13694.gif

Right now, Iwata is just me! I'm alive now because of ur post, thank u! :D

I was dead... but now I have more hype than ever before!

Gurrry

Is there supposed to be more announcments coming? Or is this all wishful thinking?

Honestly, all of the announcments (other than starfox) have been quite lack luster after the initial E3 Direct. If they had more to show, I think it wouldve happened then.

wrowa

Aounuma is at E3 to give interviews and other stuff. A lot of developers are at E3, even though they aren't showing any game, period. Last year Honne from Monolith Kyoto was there, for example.

Honestly, has there been a single major announcement on the Treehouse stream? Just a single one? Because I can't remember anything but presenting the games on the show floor. There was the announcement of MP10 and the localization of Fantasy Life immediately after the NDE, but announcing stuff right after the conference is something Nintendo always does.

Showing new footage for Zelda U would be something really, really major and I can't imagine they would bury that on the Treehouse stream. They didn't even reveal a new Smash character there.

Also they revealed so little for a game that been in development of 3 years. Especially when compared to tp reveal which was 1 year after ww.

Almost nothing of the final game was present in that first TP trailer. By the time we'd next seen it, it had gone through a major overhaul.

greenteaa

Neo Member
Just noticed something interesting about that high tech arrow Link shot at the monster:
wiiu_zelda_scrn02_e3xpogw.png

It looks as though a new arrowhead has been tied onto the end of a normal arrow. Perhaps this new arrowhead is specific to this monster type? A key of some sort?

TDLink

Honestly, has there been a single major announcement on the Treehouse stream? Just a single one? Because I can't remember anything but presenting the games on the show floor. There was the announcement of MP10 and the localization of Fantasy Life immediately after the NDE, but announcing stuff right after the conference is something Nintendo always does.

Yes. There has. Mario Party 10 was announced, even if it was immediately after. Miyamoto also announced his three projects on the stream, even though they had been leaked by TIME beforehand.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Just noticed something interesting about that high tech arrow Link shot at the monster:
wiiu_zelda_scrn02_e3xpogw.png

It looks as though a new arrowhead has been tied onto the end of a normal arrow. Perhaps this new arrowhead is specific to this monster type? A key of some sort?

I think that this can be more related to some type of farming a la monster hunter. You beat enemies and get parts of the enemies that can be used as armor or weapon.

Hindl

Is there supposed to be more announcments coming? Or is this all wishful thinking?

Honestly, all of the announcments (other than starfox) have been quite lack luster after the initial E3 Direct. If they had more to show, I think it wouldve happened then.

No love for Code Name S.T.E.A.M. :(

Volotaire

I'll post this here too:

I have no clue which Zelda thread to put this in now, But in the Giantbomb Day 1 wrap up video, Patrick alluded to in his interview with Aonuma (majority about Hyrule Warrirors) that

1) a problem internally is a lot of young developers at Nintendo have a very specific ideas of how Zelda should be designed so there's a lot of debate/backlash in the team when Aonuma wants to change things drastically.

2) Also, Aonuma is getting inspired with Dynasty about other stuff happening real time in the game apart from where you are in the game.

Did Zelda show up on that debug menu yesterday?

I don't think so.

MattyG

Banned
I really wish they would have clarified just how far into development this really is. Personally, I think it's pretty far along and we will absolutely see it in 2015 (come oooonnnnn spring release date.
That won't happen.
), but it would have been nice to have some concrete details about it.

I really wish they would have clarified just how far into development this really is. Personally, I think it's pretty far along and we will absolutely see it in 2015 (come oooonnnnn spring release date.
That won't happen.

This will probably be their big holiday game for next year.

That won't happen.

XCX for spring Zelda U for Holiday

Asbear

Banned
That won't happen.

Not gonna happen as Aonuma already said it would be seen in a fully playable state next year "at E3". It's definitely slated for a holiday release window just like most other Zeldas.

Top Bottom