• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrmint

First post in here, awesome thread :)

Anyone know where I can get one of those blue futuristic train set Legos from like 15 years ago? I suppose eBay, but I didn't know if there was a more reliable place Lego enthusiasts go.

I know my description was my vague, but any Lego enthusiast knows what I'm referring to :).

neonglow

Having just seen the Avengers movie (go see it NOW), the sets make more sense now, as do some of the little touches.

After watching the movie, I still wish they did the aliens in a different way. They still look really terrible. They needed armor and a custom head piece.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
First post in here, awesome thread :)

Anyone know where I can get one of those blue futuristic train set Legos from like 15 years ago? I suppose eBay, but I didn't know if there was a more reliable place Lego enthusiasts go.

I know my description was my vague, but any Lego enthusiast knows what I'm referring to :).

Bricklink.com

neonglow

I just placed a Lego order for the Quinjet and a couple little things to get over $75. I'm definitely selling my TC-14 so that the overall cost of the Quinjet goes down.

chidrock

Check the piece number and look to see if it's in any other set that you could easily pick up?

Well as it turns out I was packing everything up and as I was getting my keys I saw the missing piece stuck to one of my 5 year old's creations lol...

I thought I had him distracted, but I guess he got me once again

chidrock

Holy crap at the eBay prices for the TC-14 mini fig. I think I'm going to get another one at those prices.

Yeah - makes it hard for me to open mine. I would like to get another, but that's high. I just have to remind myself that I probably wouldn't ever sell it anyway.

Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't hold value considering that it seems like everyone's stockpiling it saying the same thing.

Yeah - makes it hard for me to open mine. I would like to get another, but that's high. I just have to remind myself that I probably wouldn't ever sell it anyway.

Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't hold value considering that it seems like everyone's stockpiling it saying the same thing.

I'm selling mine, but if it was a more recognizable character, I'd have qualms bout it.

ghostmind

I picked up two TC-14's... one to open now, and one to sell in about 5 years, since the small polybags take up no storage space.

Also, this may not be the only chrome protocol droid we see this year...

Pardon the mess in my apartment. Behind me is a french Wall-E poster and 25th anniversary edition BTTF poster.

577181_10150721858781389_655026388_9893558_1750864021_n.jpg

I hate you. That is all.

Did all the kids at the LEGO store look upon you like you were god as you brought it to the counter?

I got some curios looks in the mall for sure. I actually had a chance to get R2D2. Some kid brought it back. Box had multiple defects though so I passed. I think I may wait for double points and buy it then.

I put my TC-14 on eBay. I may buy R2D2 online later tonight as I am taking the GRE in 1 month and barely have time anyways got a second build. 30 dollars back was too tempting. 2 days 19 hours to go and it's already at 4 dollars including shipping.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
^^

What went wrong in the back there? Those flaps aren't supposed to overlap like that (except the center one ever so slightly)

Welp, I'm trying out buying bricks off of Bricklink for the first time.

I'm starting small and bought about 150 pieces in order to build a mini-modular version of the LEGO Shaun of the Dead Winchester bar. (found instructions on another forum)

I ordered the majority of the pieces from one seller, and a few from 2 others. I had to use LEGO.com's pick-a-brick for a few pieces that were hard to find/more expensive on Bricklink.

I got a decent deal on the pieces, but the shipping cost is pretty much the same as the cost of the bricks (maybe even more). I almost wish Bricklink had a giant warehouse where sellers all had to ship their pieces; then even if you bought from multiple sellers it would just be in one shipment.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
^^

What went wrong in the back there? Those flaps aren't supposed to overlap like that (except the center one ever so slightly)

You sure it's just the back? Is the flap on the front right (from my view) supposed to look like that?

Really, that messes up the whole model, I'd try again, too :) You probably made one single error throughout the build ^^

It's perfect with the caveat that it relies on rubber bands for the wing mechanism. As long as I can find replacements once they get brittle, I'll be happy.

Ah, yes, pesky rubber bands. How are they, quality wise? And am I correct in assuming that the strain comes primarily from having the wings open?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Damn on the seaside house. Would combine nicely with the lighthouse to make a cute seaside scene. Need to learn how to make rocks though.

The price on the tc14 makes no sense. It wasn't limited availability. If you were willing to pay $30 for one tiny minifig, why not just spend $75 on Lego.com? Hat gets you whatever set you were thinking of for almost half price

ghostmind

Do you think they would be in Toys R Us before the Lego store even has them listed on the product page? If so, I'm in trouble!

Yep, this happened last year with the Dino sets, and often happens with Ninjago. You might need to visit a physical TRU store to get them though, as they will start showing up in TRU stores for a few weeks before they will be shippable from the website.

Vyer

Remember when we thought Monster Fighters sets would be available later this summer/fall?

Well, they are available now. Your wallets may commence weeping.

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=lego%20monster%20fighters&origkw=lego+monster+fighters&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

Looks like the Seaside House is also available now, or soon will be:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12776838

Fuck me

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You sure it's just the back? Is the flap on the front right (from my view) supposed to look like that?

Really, that messes up the whole model, I'd try again, too :) You probably made one single error throughout the build ^^

Didn't even catch the front. Yeah. Something went wrong with the wall pieces.

ghostmind

With the insane numbers that the movie is pulling in, I think the Avengers sets are going to be selling briskly.

I hope LEGO's license is long-term, because I can't wait to see how they do the sequel.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Will the Spider-Man sets be based on the movie or the comics? Or, god forbid, the USM Cartoon?

Theonik

Will the Spider-Man sets be based on the movie or the comics? Or, god forbid, the USM Cartoon?
Based on previous deals sets they will probably start with the movie but get some extra stuff if they sell well and before the license expires.

The one that we've seen is based on the cartoon. It's got the cartoon's version of Doc Ock and Iron Fist in it, so that's clearly what they're going for.

Mega Bloks has the movie license somehow, so we won't be seeing that. It's all probably going to be Ultimate Spider-Man for the forseeable future.

Christian

I can't justify the TRU Tax anymore.

Seriously. It's ridiculous. I used to be a manager at a store around here, and my employee discount frequently got the price of larger sets right around their actual retail price, not below it. A four or five dollar markup on a $12 set is ABSURD. I don't even bother looking there anymore. Don't care if they have stuff before anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom