• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fxp

Just finished Fire Brigade, what a fun build! 1932 part was ingenious!
Two pieces were missing, already asked customer service to replace those.

Just finished Fire Brigade, what a fun build! 1932 part was ingenious!
Two pieces were missing, already asked customer service to replace those.

While Town Hall was nowhere near as fun to put together as Fire Brigade, the numbering part was ten times better than on Fire Brigade.

Fxp

While Town Hall was nowhere near as fun to put together as Fire Brigade, the numbering part was ten times better than on Fire Brigade.

Can't wait to experience it myself but my next modular purchase is Grand Emporium. Internally it looks quite empty but that's been discussed here before, if I remember correctly.

Can't wait to experience it myself but my next modular purchase is Grand Emporium. Internally it looks quite empty but that's been discussed here before, if I remember correctly.

Grand Emporium is next for me as well. Town Hall was a rather boring build until the roof. The roof was fantastic to build.

Fxp

Grand Emporium is next for me as well. Town Hall was a rather boring build until the roof. The roof was fantastic to build.

For me, Fire Brigade's second floor is my favorite, so many details there.
Town Hall won't arrive very soon, my wife already gave me kind of a ultimatum after my recent LEGO buying spree :)

Stopped by the Lego Store in Santa Clara today. Seriously impressed by the layout of the whole place and I was very tempted to pickup a set. But I settled on the current month's pick-a-brick model and two series 7 minifigs.

By the way, next month's pick-a-brick model set is Batman & Robin! I'm going to have to come back up to the store to pick it up.

Lombaszko

Checked out my local ToysRUs to see if they had the Monster Fighters . They didn't, but that was a good thing because they mark up sets so badly! I'll just wait until they are available from Lego so I can get VIP points.

Christian

Just picked up my first series 7 minifigure. I want the Evil Knight so bad I can TASTE it. But I got the tennis player. He's actually pretty cool. I like his hair and his facial expression, with the headband. I'll be able to get some use out of those pieces. Gonna try to feel out the knight later.

Just picked up my first series 7 minifigure. I want the Evil Knight so bad I can TASTE it. But I got the tennis player. He's actually pretty cool. I like his hair and his facial expression, with the headband. I'll be able to get some use out of those pieces. Gonna try to feel out the knight later.

Sounds dirty.

Bummer, wound up with two tennis players from the series 7 packs I picked this morning. That makes two duplicates so far, bunny man & tennis guy.

The 7 I got yesterday were all good except for a double of the tennis player. I didn't get the bunny which is what I really wanted, but I did get the Evil Knight and bagpiper. The Evil Knight is currently occupying a seat at the villains table on the Death Star.

mjc

So do we know for sure if all of the Avengers is coming out in minifigure bags? If they're not I'm thinking of going to pick up one of the sets tonight. I need a new build and I want the whole teams minifigures too.

isny

napkin dispenser
So do we know for sure if all of the Avengers is coming out in minifigure bags? If they're not I'm thinking of going to pick up one of the sets tonight. I need a new build and I want the whole teams minifigures too.

Now that you've missed out on the TC-14 promo I'd wait until the Hulk promo before buying those sets.

Christian

Argh. Just got back with three Series 7 minifigures. Acquired Jungle Boy, Aztec Warrior, and Space Marine. I really want the Evil Knight. If anyone is interested in trading with me, PM me. I'll be happy to swap figures with you. Mine were simply opened to confirm what they are, but I just used scissors to cut on the scissor line in the back. I can send pics if you're interested. Someone, please, help me get my Evil Knight!!

Kryten

My wife has been watching me build with the kids and so she decided to get our 4 year old this Ninjago set (Earth Dragon Defense) for his birthday.

It's a very cool set and he loves it (very playable) but they are NOT mucking about with the 7-14 years old recommendation on this kit. I've jokingly accused of her of wanting to build the dragon herself but between the two of them they've had a great time building it, and getting it for 50% off was a bonus (according to brickset, it's not good value at full price, but you know, DRAGON!).

Long may age-inappropriate purchasing decisions continue!

Norfair

I actually did pretty decent with the series seven minifigs. I got two knights, one jungle boy, one computer guy and little red riding hood.

wetwired

Got all my sets of series 7 in the mail on friday, works out to be about AUD $42 per set include postage. I'm keeping 2 sets and selling off the rest.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Finished Sarigar photos. The thing has yet to fail to impress anyone who's seen it in real life, Lego fan or not.

7151124951_f2be27d6b4_c.jpg

7005035444_e522906d35_c.jpg

7151124629_7b3b64cc2a_c.jpg

7005035200_1ccab0c258_c.jpg

Higher res photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67249208@N04/sets/72157629619699246/

Milamber

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Beautiful.

Kind of mundane when compared to it, but what does your pilot look like?
The only problem with the model is where the wings connect to the body. If I could figure out how to make that connection sturdier, it'd be perfect. As it is, it has to be handled carefully, and you have to explain where to hold it to whoever you're giving it to.

The pilot is this guy:

31cLn-3%2B-xL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I replaced his original helmet with the open one, so that you could see him in there even when the cockpit is closed. With the original helmet, you can't really even tell that's there's a pilot inside, because it's all pretty dark.

7151310243_a83db00aab_c.jpg

Orignal author was using a different (and better) open helmet though. This one:
cswAj.jpg
87557pb04 on Bricklink, selling for $4 a piece :\

That helmet is pretty sweet. You already went whole hog on the model so dropping that extra $4 plus shipping shouldn't be too bad. I have that fig and the underlying head is killer too.

woodypop

That helmet is pretty sweet. You already went whole hog on the model so dropping that extra $4 plus shipping shouldn't be too bad. I have that fig and the underlying head is killer too.
Agreed. I wish they were still using that design for the Imperial pilots. I have one from the Imperial V-Wing set. Was that the last set that included it?

Got all my sets of series 7 in the mail on friday, works out to be about AUD $42 per set include postage. I'm keeping 2 sets and selling off the rest.

Wetwired, is that Larry David? And being a fellow Australian, where are you buying your Series 7 minifigs from?

Agreed. I wish they were still using that design for the Imperial pilots. I have one from the Imperial V-Wing set. Was that the last set that included it?

I believe so. I only picked up that set when it was on sale at Target for $15 because of that and the droid. The vehicle itself is shit.

MTE

Speaking of Australia...
I've just noticed, looking at some sets online (Specifically the X-Wing) that Aus prices are ridiculous. The X-Wing is $60 USD or $120 - $130 to buy here. Do fellow Australians just import all their Lego?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Forgot to mention, the model is big! Far bigger than I thought it would be. Pretty heavy too. I really should post some comparison photos, but QF is much more imposing than Metal Grudge for example.

Yeah, such a determined look on his face, and then the scar :)

Milamber said:
Amazing. So what's the finalized costs to get that?
Around $100, but I lucked out finding 90% of the parts from just one seller, so the shipping didn't kill me. Here's the post I made some time ago that has the list of all the parts you need to build it, and the XML file for automated BrickLink ordering.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36188825&postcount=5933

Note - in the "Parts by Image.txt" file, two entries are marked with "MISSING". These two are the parts I missed when I made the list originally, and I added them now. They are not included in the bricklink xml file, so you'll have to add them manually. They are not critical at all though.

Speaking of Australia...
I've just noticed, looking at some sets online (Specifically the X-Wing) that Aus prices are ridiculous. The X-Wing is $60 USD or $120 - $130 to buy here. Do fellow Australians just import all their Lego?

Yeah, dude :(. Feel our pain.

Funnily enough, I just picked up the X-Wing for 89AUD, brand new from a vendor based in Melbourne (shopforme.com.au - highly recommended). If you go through the usual retail canals, yes, you do get stung. And with importing from the US and whatnot, the shipping often elipses the actual cost of the set - especially with the larger sets.

wetwired

Wetwired, is that Larry David? And being a fellow Australian, where are you buying your Series 7 minifigs from?

yeah that is larry david

I got them from this german bricklink store They will cost you a little more than what I paid though if you only buy one set. I bought several in one hit. I then I sell off the extras on ebay. In the end if all goes well I can sell 5 sets and pay anywhere from nothing to $30 (depending on what I sell them for) for 2 complete sets for myself (I give one set to my daughter)

yeah that is larry david

I got them from this german bricklink store They will cost you a little more than what I paid though if you only buy one set. I bought several in one hit. I then I sell off the extras on ebay. In the end if all goes well I can sell 5 sets and pay anywhere from nothing to $30 (depending on what I sell them for) for 2 complete sets for myself (I give one set to my daughter)

Ha. Solid caricature. MILK AND CAWFEE!

And thanks for the tip!

On another note - and I know that this may be quite painful for a lot of you :) - how much money have you spent on Lego this year? I think I'm somewhere around the 700AUD mark, which is about 100AUD below a fortnightly paycheck for me (I'm 23 and I work 3 days a week).

LookatalltheregretsIgive.

Ha. Solid caricature. MILK AND CAWFEE!

And thanks for the tip!

On another note - and I know that this may be quite painful for a lot of you :) - how much money have you spent on Lego this year? I think I'm somewhere around the 700AUD mark, which is about 100AUD below a fortnightly paycheck for me (I'm 23 and I work 3 days a week).

LookatalltheregretsIgive.

dont ask, you evil evil person.
i better not think about it -.-

wetwired

Speaking of Australia...

Yeah it's beyond fucked, your post reminded me of something I was going to do up response to the marvel set prices...

pricedifference.jpg

ouch, those prices are quite disgusting...

on a more pleasant note, the crocodile is pretty cool
and now i have loads of green bricks to play with :)

mrkgoo

Only briefly followed this thread, but Lego is cool. Some really insane stuff out there.

Here's a model I built of the centre part of the city I live in:

wetwired

I would guess customs tax are huge?

Nope, we have a 10% sales tax and anything under $1000 is exempt from import\customs tax. Those shouldn't be added to US RRP either as the states would have it's own taxes added to that. I wouldn't expect 1-1 parity with US prices but coming close would be nice. The town hall is actually not too badly priced compared to previous modulars at AUD$250 compared to US$200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom