• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmation of the LEGO LotR game coming from Traveller's Tales.

YflqO.png

(On the back of the new LotR sets)

Fuuuuu... going to have to play this one.

Speaking of Lego games, has anyone played the Harry Potter Lego games on a PS Vita? Curious as to how they play on Vita.

Fantomex

Occupy Lego Town Hall has expanded over to the Fire Brigade. NO ONE IS SAFE!

9DKOEl.jpg

The Mayor looks on in horror at the protests!
fnGvEl.jpg

R9o7el.jpg

Bunnies, Wolverines, and Jedi. OH MY!
9Jtr1l.jpg

Captain America shot dead in protest!
YzI1El.jpg

Sharon Carter looks down on Cap's dead body.
ORAyTl.jpg

For reference:
220px-Capdeath.PNG

Deadpool gets his vengeance!
wiPWwl.jpg

LHs0Tl.jpg

You win sir. You win.

It's nice, but it reminds me that even Creator vehicles are inferior to Model Team stuff. There's just something a bit more childish, less professional looking about all the creator vehicles released so far, when compared to Model Team.

really the fire engine is by far not my favorite, but I disagree, there are some great creator vehicles.
5767d.jpg

4026495881_c91d36f503.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It's nice, but it reminds me that even Creator vehicles are inferior to Model Team stuff. There's just something a bit more childish, less professional looking about all the creator vehicles released so far, when compared to Model Team.

They should bring back model team. I'd happily open my wallet for really nice quality vehicles.

1307901703m_SPLASH.jpg

Also, a question to those who have ordered "new" bricks off of Bricklink... Have they been worthy of such a description in your experience? I guess half of the bricks that you pull out of a fresh set's box look a bit scratched up, anyway; I guess that's the manufacture of Lego bricks for ya.

well I would say they where worthy of that description, as you say lego bricks will always be slightly scratched when they come from the bag, but that is part of the deal...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Oh, I hate brickbadger.com. Amazon UK has a ton of offers at the moment, I need to be strong

- sonic boom £33
- apple tree house £29
- earth defence HQ £53 (really I only want the viper though)

wetwired

I'm keen to jump on the lotr sets as soon as I can but I think I might wait in the hope there's an exclusive minifig deal in the future.

A saramon or souron mini fig would own

bovo

mrs bovo's favourite star wars ship is the imperial shuttle, and as the large model is way to big, and the old one with the emperor is too out of print, I used the lego.com pick-a-brick to get the parts for the mini version (20016).

Thought it would be easier to do it all from lego.com, rather than 'risking' the unknown with bricklink, but ended up needing the large white slope, and it arrived from the bricklink seller perfectly packaged in less than 24 hrs (Lego took a week or two to deliver!)

mrs bovo's favourite star wars ship is the imperial shuttle, and as the large model is way to big, and the old one with the emperor is too out of print, I used the lego.com pick-a-brick to get the parts for the mini version (20016).

Thought it would be easier to do it all from lego.com, rather than 'risking' the unknown with bricklink, but ended up needing the large white slope, and it arrived from the bricklink seller perfectly packaged in less than 24 hrs (Lego took a week or two to deliver!)

that looks pretty sweet, and yea Bricklink is terribly overwhelming at first, but also very powerful once you know where your head is.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've never bought one, but my daughter is in a big Star Wars & Lego phase right now so it's perfect. When do they typically go on sale?
October/November time I think. I've been in a rush to get one, even bought a City one post Christmas for cheap (though that gets harder every year).

FliXFantatier inspired me. I just found this for $3 at a thrift shop
(and found $0.50 in change in the bag!)
Try using http://rebrickable.com/home and looking up unique pieces to get some idea what sets they belong to. That's what I've done with jumble sale mixed bags. Have ended up with some ridiculously huge dud pieces though.

Images of Level 4 (Kits 10-12) of MBA has leaked.
What? I've never heard of this.

6278 is a great set with a high desirability and never trust amazon. look up ebay completed auctions to get a better idea of value and maybe compare that to bricklink's listed sets.
Wow. Never knew that set was considered highly desirable. Maybe I'll rebuild it to put on display.

Oh, I hate brickbadger.com. Amazon UK has a ton of offers at the moment, I need to be strong
Never heard of brickbadger. What is so bad about it?

Nonsense!

Actually, it is a massive set, but the stand and square footprint of it makes it easier to find display space for than say, an SSD.

It is more a vertical set. And oh, so sexy vertical display set.

That mini model in the pic is awesome though. Love seeing great models built with minimal pieces like that.

- sonic boom £33
- apple tree house £29
- earth defence HQ £53 (really I only want the viper though)

Got the Earth Defence a few weeks ago at £54 and only really wanted the viper but it is a fun build and the parts will be useful somehow I'm sure. Might make a larger ship for the viper to dock with.

Fighting temptation of the Sonic Boom.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Got the Earth Defence a few weeks ago at £54 and only really wanted the viper but it is a fun build and the parts will be useful somehow I'm sure. Might make a larger ship for the viper to dock with.

Fighting temptation of the Sonic Boom.

I'd dismissed the sonic boom as my son already has the fast flyers F14 lookalike. But I saw a video review and it's huge, so very tempting. Nothing special on parts that I don't already have.

I'd dismissed the sonic boom as my son already has the fast flyers F14 lookalike. But I saw a video review and it's huge, so very tempting. Nothing special on parts that I don't already have.

the sonic boom plane, is massive, and definately an interesting build.
i enjoyed it, and for that price its a steal
same goes for the apple tree house.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I might have to start dissembling some sets now.

Going to have a good look at that badger site when I get back and may treat myself to something. Haven't bought a Lego since the Micros. Shame the Volkswagen Camper Van is basically a Lego exclusive so no chance of getting that on a deal.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
yea me too, before I get started on the modular fire brigade, that I still haven't unpacked I will have to clear my table of other built sets.

Well I have to basically wash the old Hogwarts set I've had on display for years. It was near the kitchen so that would probably explain the stickiness on some pieces.

Dat Vader.

And Lego could still make those. Avengers figures are out there, but Lego still made their Hero Factory-ish versions. Same with DC characters.

I'm not sure any company has an exclusive action figure licence for Marvel or DC?

Those Hero Factory Star Wars sets would surely exist if they were able to make them.

Maybe badly phrased - too big for mrs bovo to get our son to build it for her!

By coincidence the shuttle seems about the right scale alongside the tantive iv, so it photographs nicely!
And my post was in a joking manner. Hope that came across.

And the shuttle is an intensive build. Would be a bit much for younger kids.

bovo

And my post was in a joking manner. Hope that came across.

And the shuttle is an intensive build. Would be a bit much for younger kids.

Definitely came across as joke, yes.

Unfortunately can't justify the cost of the shuttle for myself, but seeing as Clone Wars is popular in this house at the moment, there are plenty of smaller sets that we are buying at the moment...

(Also currently starting on Duplo Disney Princess range as well - no photos of that!)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I might have to start dissembling some sets now.

Going to have a good look at that badger site when I get back and may treat myself to something. Haven't bought a Lego since the Micros. Shame the Volkswagen Camper Van is basically a Lego exclusive so no chance of getting that on a deal.

I daren't. If I dismantle all my modulars, I have to find space for 10k+ pieces in my storage, I don't think it'd cope.

I just ordered my first 3 in 1 creator last night and decided on the lighthouse. Good choice?

I was wondering what you guys do with the creators, pick one you like and stick with it? Build all 3 then decide which one you want to keep? Anyone ever buy 3 of the same one to get all variations?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I just ordered my first 3 in 1 creator last night and decided on the lighthouse. Good choice?

I was wondering what you guys do with the creators, pick one you like and stick with it? Build all 3 then decide which one you want to keep? Anyone ever buy 3 of the same one to get all variations?

Mostly I find the main model the best. Occasionally I'll build the second model but quickly revert back. The Cool Cruiser I bought just for the second model (F1 car), and the lighthouse (good choice) has a nice looking lifeboat alternative.

darkwing

yup i ordered one too, it is a great match for the upcoming beach house

Waterclocker

Neo Member
This came in the mail last night, yup I paid the TRU tax :/

Much better design that I thought. The tree is pretty sweet, has a
great catapult to launch the Werewolf! I got busted for spending way
too much on LEGO, thanks GAF! Still gonnna try and sneak more of the
summer sets in though, I'm a junkie now...

U1iEAl.jpg

ghostmind

This came in the mail last night, yup I paid the TRU tax :/

Much better design that I thought. The tree is pretty sweet, has a
great catapult to launch the Werewolf! I got busted for spending way
too much on LEGO, thanks GAF! Still gonnna try and sneak more of the
summer sets in though, I'm a junkie now...

U1iEAl.jpg

Sweet! I think you are the first LEGO-GAF'er to get a Monster Fighters set.

My LotR order just shipped out... should have all the sets by next weekend!

zou

Yup, really fun build, great looking model too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom