• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Yeah, not voting on something I can't afford to buy. I'd rather have that lovely micro Star Wars vignette set :) Or this cute Chibi AT-AT:

5355332005_24e88a044c_z.jpg

Kryten

Anyone have an opinion on the Atlantis kits? The local store is having a bit of a sale, with 8077 (Atlantis Exploration HQ) down to NZD$40 (that's 60% off!). It seems like a no-brainer to pick one up for a present down the line somwhere.......

guys, did you ever try the lego friends online game? somethin is way wrong with the animation of the friends :D :D :D they are strutting around like little bitches haha it is truly glorious! and in the second game they will dance for you, because you earned some money, I made a video of it because it is somehow so unappropriated that it is super funny (also beware: the music will get stuck in your head)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muWwzBPT61M

and here are the 2 games:
http://friends.lego.com/en-us/Games/default.aspx

muahahahaahaha

Did you guys with Lego packages outside your homes order from lego.com? I ordered from them last month and had to go to the post office to sign for it. There's no info on my shipping confirmation on how they sent my latest package.

My TC-14 is backordered.

Did you guys with Lego packages outside your homes order from lego.com? I ordered from them last month and had to go to the post office to sign for it. There's no info on my shipping confirmation on how they sent my latest package.

My TC-14 is backordered.

Yeah, I got a tracking number from Fed Ex on the "Track my Orders" website, which I got access from shipping confirmation email.

Faithless

So, I've been building enough in my office that one of my co-workers gave me his old lego box from when he was a kid. Inside, I found these nice retro pieces, and two minifigs from the discontinued Fabuland line.

5Iir1h.jpg

sUK95h.jpg

n7KWZh.jpg

A couple more here.

Yeah, I got a tracking number from Fed Ex on the "Track my Orders" website, which I got access from shipping confirmation email.
Weird, I just have "Partial shipment balance on backorder." It says the rest of my order was shipped yesterday, but no other info about how it was shipped.

I think this was how my previous order was too; I got the note to pick up a package from the post office and couldn't remember what it was. Even when I picked up the box, the return address wasn't Lego and I didn't recognize it, so I didn't know what it was until I got it home.

Weird, I just have "Partial shipment balance on backorder." It says the rest of my order was shipped yesterday, but no other info about how it was shipped.

I think this was how my previous order was too; I got the note to pick up a package from the post office and couldn't remember what it was. Even when I picked up the box, the return address wasn't Lego and I didn't recognize it, so I didn't know what it was until I got it home.

Yeah, my shipping confirmation email has my order number, and a link to Check my Order Status.

After entering my Order Number and Last Name, it brings up my order, and a has a tracking number in the Details For Order Number [Order Number] box.

neonglow

My TC-14 is backordered.

My main set shipped out, but my TC-14 got backordered too. =(

Yeah, my shipping confirmation email has my order number, and a link to Check my Order Status.

After entering my Order Number and Last Name, it brings up my order, and a has a tracking number in the Details For Order Number [Order Number] box.
It just has my address and cc info in that box, along with the items ordered. Oh well, thanks. I guess it probably went via USPS again.

Finished the (SE)X-wing last night. Such a rad set. There is some serious wizardry and ingenious thinking going on in parts. And it looks straight-up fantastic.

Minor qualms:

> My landing gear leg is kinda crooked, i.e. it will not sit horizontally flush against the ground when lowered. I'm not too sure why. It's quite the lacking component, anyway.

> It really should come with some stands to allow for open-wing poseability. Kinda weak. Any recommendations as to what stand(s) to get?

Haha, sex wing.

I display it with wings closed because pilots only open them while in combat. Maybe it would be more appropriate if you had it suspended in the air next to a TIE fighter.

Finished the (SE)X-wing last night. Such a rad set. There is some serious wizardry and ingenious thinking going on in parts. And it looks straight-up fantastic.

Minor qualms:

> My landing gear leg is kinda crooked, i.e. it will not sit horizontally flush against the ground when lowered. I'm not too sure why. It's quite the lacking component, anyway.

> It really should come with some stands to allow for open-wing poseability. Kinda weak. Any recommendations as to what stand(s) to get?

I agree about the stand...it looks so bad ass with the s foils open. I may have to build something to put it on.

I noticed when you have it on a flat surface, the bottom engines take the weight and start to warp. I have it standing nose up right now, but plan to build a stand once I have enough spare parts.

I agree about the stand...it looks so bad ass with the s foils open. I may have to build something to put it on.

Luckily, my Midi Falcon had 6 of these on the underside:

$(KGrHqRHJBIE8e0EUlkcBPK)E4c2r!~~60_35.JPG

I borrowed 3 for the X-wing, but it's still nowhere near enough ground clearance to open that gurl up.

Haha, sex wing.

I display it with wings closed because pilots only open them while in combat. Maybe it would be more appropriate if you had it suspended in the air next to a TIE fighter.

And yeah, I actually think it looks superb with the wings closed, so I'm not too disheartened; having the option would be nice, is all.

Minor qualms:

Old monorail support beams. Cant find a pic though. I use two and a few loose bricks to hold the ship up with S foils in attack position.

Damn it, promised myself I wouldn't buy any more Lego for a few months even thought I wan the Sopwith. but I just bought the new X-Wing from Amazon US for $45, couldn't resist at $15 off MSRP.

I just bought nearly the entirety of the Alien Conquest line in April, two sets for the May 4th $75 deal. I really need to slow my roll until the SWTOR sets are releases in August.

Damn this thread.

Old monorail support beams. Cant find a pic though. I use two and a few loose bricks to hold the ship up with S foils in attack position.

I was thinking they'd be the best bet. Do you use 6x6x10 beams (as pictured in DrForester's post) or could you get away with 2x4x5 beams (below) in terms of ample clearance?

Spanks, guys.

558382969_tp.jpg

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I was thinking they'd be the best bet. Do you use 6x6x10 beams (as pictured in DrForester's post) or could you get away with 2x4x5 beams (below) in terms of ample clearance?

Spanks, guys.

558382969_tp.jpg

I don't think those would give enough clearance on their own. Add a few pieces though and you'd probably be good.

Spanks, guys.

558382969_tp.jpg

I don't think those would give enough clearance on their own. Add a few pieces though and you'd probably be good.

Add pieces like the doctor said. But also add to the base of those beams because they are too narrow to support the x-wing on their own. The monorail beams have a base about six studs squared, which works perfectly.

Cheers, guys. Yeah, I think 6x6x10 stanchions are the way to go. I'm currently using 2x2 supports to completely elevate it and it's quite stable, but yeah, there's virtually zero clearance.

EDIT: If there's a toppled X-Wing waiting for me at home, I'm coming for you, Phonciple. JINXER!

6752 Fire Rescue?
Yup, we have a winner. ^^
Not that I have anything to give away...

So, I've been building enough in my office that one of my co-workers gave me his old lego box from when he was a kid. Inside, I found these nice retro pieces, and two minifigs from the discontinued Fabuland line.

A couple more here.
I've been hoping for one of my colleagues or friends to give me theirs, to no avail.

But anyway we used to have a lot of fabuland too, very cute sets.

ghostmind

Lord of the Rings sets are starting to show up in TRU stores. Had a couple reports of people that have been able to pick some of them up.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I used the monorail beams but still has to extend the base at the front a little, as I couldn't find a handy anchor point that was balanced, so it was tending to tip forwards slightly. Extended the base out by a couple of studs and it's fine now.

Much better displayed 'in flight', but I'd like a way to show it banking. Not sure if any of the hinges will hold it in place though

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Lego-Star-Wars-2012-Advent-9509.jpg

Has this been revealed yet?

I always end up buying the advent calendar for the son of a friend of my mother. From what I gather he is also an AFOL. Might have to tell her there's a Star Wars on again this year since last year I ended up getting city one since it had already sold out on Lego's website only to find out it was the Star Wars one that they really wanted. (luckily we found one in a local toy shop so crisis adverted).

On another note - and I know that this may be quite painful for a lot of you :) - how much money have you spent on Lego this year? I think I'm somewhere around the 700AUD mark, which is about 100AUD below a fortnightly paycheck for me (I'm 23 and I work 3 days a week).

oh deary me, I just did the maths and come to quite a scary total...

700€, and that is in a similar ballpark compared to your ratio between money spent and earned...

Now you all have to promise to keep it a secret... o_O
And I need to seek counseling...
LEGO Anonymous here I come..

I always end up buying the advent calendar for the son of a friend of my mother. From what I gather he is also an AFOL. Might have to tell her there's a Star Wars on again this year since last year I ended up getting city one since it had already sold out on Lego's website only to find out it was the Star Wars one that they really wanted. (luckily we found one in a local toy shop so crisis adverted).

I've never bought one, but my daughter is in a big Star Wars & Lego phase right now so it's perfect. When do they typically go on sale?

700€, and that is in a similar ballpark compared to your ratio between money spent and earned...

1307901703m_SPLASH.jpg

Also, a question to those who have ordered "new" bricks off of Bricklink... Have they been worthy of such a description in your experience? I guess half of the bricks that you pull out of a fresh set's box look a bit scratched up, anyway; I guess that's the manufacture of Lego bricks for ya.

My wife was not happy when she realised I spent £900 in the first 3 months of the year on Lego. I've only done about £200 since I *think*.

The two main factors were the SSD and Metal grudge via Bricklink. Still, that's less than one month rent so I think I;m doing well.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom