• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gowans

Please tell me he has Lego building gloves. Awesome picture either way.
They were for that build, normally no tho but he loves his new monster gloves.

I need to work on a backlog and storage stuff for him, maybe a binder for all the instructions.

Looking forward to the advent calendar.

ghostmind

Just got an email from LEGO:

"BRICK" FRIDAY OFFERS COMING SOON!

Shop early to get this exclusive gift with purchase!

November 23 - 26

The gift is the same Holiday 2012 set, but it sounds like maybe we will get some actual individual set discounts?

The gift is the same Holiday 2012 set, but it sounds like maybe we will get some actual individual set discounts?

NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't need to spend more money! Shut up and take my money if good sets are discounted!

Will they price match something from last weekend if it is on sale this weekend?

That Holiday set is amazing. I really want it.

I guess I bite the bullet on the Post Office, and just stick that and the Holiday bonus in the cellar until next year.

"What, this? Yeah I bought this months ago remember?"

That's the line I'm using when I assemble the Toy Shop next week.

MrDaravon

I hope I find out if I'm getting a job I'm waiting to hear back on this week, if I do I'm going to be very interested in seeing what's on sale. At this point I think the next 3 sets I need to try to get before they go away are the Haunted House (is it true that's going OOP after Christmas?), the Imperial Shuttle and Daigon Alley.

wetwired

Hey, I found your tumbler instructions online a while back and ordered myself a bunch of parts from Bricklink, have the black Tumbler sitting on my desk at work now!

QLoWR.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks for making those instructions available. You rock.
Glad you enjoyed and got use out of them :)

She was awesome until the backstory reveal. And she's still OK.

Worst part of the episode was it was a Donna episode.

BAH! Donna was cool. Helluva lot better than Martha. But I can see why Donna would grate on some people.

Also, DrForester, have you busted open the pod racers yet? Curious as to your thoughts on it.

EDIT: I started looking at the pics for the exclusive holiday set. It looks really nice for being free. Four mini figs plus one of the new horses? Very nice indeed.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
BAH! Donna was cool. Helluva lot better than Martha. But I can see why Donna would grate on some people.

Also, DrForester, have you busted open the pod racers yet? Curious as to your thoughts on it.

EDIT: I started looking at the pics for the exclusive holiday set. It looks really nice for being free. Four mini figs plus one of the new horses? Very nice indeed.

Built them both. They were mildly enjoyable builds (especially for only $30). Was disappointed by the giant single pieces for the back of Sebulba's racer. I can't imagine having paid full price for them though. Honestly, the biggest score in the set is those long clear technic pieces, those will make great stands for something.

As a side note, I can't believe this set got Obi-Won instead of Qui-Gon....

Built them both. They were mildly enjoyable builds (especially for only $30). Was disappointed by the giant single pieces for the back of Sebulba's racer. I can't imagine having paid full price for them though. Honestly, the biggest score in the set is those long clear technic pieces, those will make great stands for something.

As a side note, I can't believe this set got Obi-Won instead of Qui-Gon....
I am looking at it as a great parts pack for moc purposes.

Edit: Also, I am wanting to build tonight and continue the modulars. But the in laws are in all week so I don't have room to do the time lapse or do the combo build. Tempted to just do a building at a time just to build.

Flick missiles are an all-or-nothing affair. no such thing as moderation. they're in nearly every damn set. they put in as many as you could logically fit and then add one more.

Then I want to see a pincushion kind of battle ship. You press a tab than flick missiles go everywhere. I want eyes to suffer, toes to be hurt and cries heard everywhere.

These were found on a TRU shelf in Canada BTW, which means that Galaxy Squad must be a January release.

This is the kind of absurd shit I'd hear in elementary school about video games. "Other countries have like 5 versions of pokemon that we don't." Legos why you warp my mind.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
More pictures here.

Also, is the blue/orange mech/jet Creator set in the third picture next to the green mech Creator set a leak? Didn't see that in preview pictures.

Galaxy Squad looks adorable, but I hope the actual bug minions are in cheaper sets than the Bug Obliterator.

Also, Bug Obliterator doesn't seem like a good value. A tiny bug ship with one troop and two so-so space vehicles?

BSsBrolly

Banned
My girlfriend came home with a wishlist from a kid in a sub for santa program from work. I saw "Lego's monster kind" on the list and picked this up for him:

0067341916765_500X500.jpg

Hope he enjoys it. Wish I had the money to buy something bigger.

GALAXY SQUAD!

I see the return of the good ole' Lego space bazooka!
lego_bazooka2.jpg

Also, I did break down tonight and give up on the mega modular build. Just too tired and space constrained to set up the area to do time lapse. And with Black Friday coming up, I will be so tired I probably wont want to dig into it. So instead I am doing the buildings one at a time, and just finished the first floor of Grand Emporium again. Even though I am doing a building at a time now, the pieces from four of the them are still mixed together (but somewhat sorted). Taking forever to find some pieces.

More pictures here.

Also, is the blue/orange mech/jet Creator set in the third picture next to the green mech Creator set a leak? Didn't see that in preview pictures.

Galaxy Squad looks adorable, but I hope the actual bug minions are in cheaper sets than the Bug Obliterator.

Also, Bug Obliterator doesn't seem like a good value. A tiny bug ship with one troop and two so-so space vehicles?

You know what is sad about those pictures? Knowing they are from a Toys R Us I cant tell if that is the TRU tax or regular Canadian pricing.

Rootbeer

Banned
My girlfriend came home with a wishlist from a kid in a sub for santa program from work. I saw "Lego's monster kind" on the list and picked this up for him:

You're an awesome human being! That kid is going to love it.
More pictures here.

WHAT IN THE HECK! How can one store be so fortunate and so early... -__-

Vyer

That's awesome man. Good of you to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom