• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the modulars and let her see you building them. Then show off the little touches inside as you do it. That is how I turned my wife around on it. The modulars and Tower Bridge were the sets that made her go "wow."

I look forward to your letters.

Awesome, will do

And remind her how much time and money she has spent on new clothes! ;)
I am joking.

Funny thing is after seeing my minifigures lined up she said: "ok then, I am collecting shoes" to which I replied: Do your shoes cost 3$ like my minifigures?
Of course what I did not tell her is that I am over paying a lot for being late to the party and I want to complete the minifigures series 1, the freaking robot cost me 20$ with shipping.

So anyone workout a price for making the UCS Falcon by buying parts off the web? I don't mind doing some swaps for similar parts and thinking it could be a fun project.

For the love of GOD, BattleMonkey, get that thought out of your head right now.

tumblr_lkcjdf1C511qzsiy0o1_400.gif

I gotta say, I like that the Lego.com deals start at 12AM EST and not PST. So used to waiting for Apple or Amazon deals to start at 12 PST, which means I gotta stay up until 3AM to get them.

And also, I may not be ordering the SSD Friday. My in laws are in town, and my brother in law just got in. As he was looking around and drooling over some sets on display, particularly the Imperial Shuttle, my mother in law commented about how I could get a shelf to put above the tv to display that big Star Wars set I really want.

In other words, my wife has been talking to her about how much I want the SSD, and how worried she is about displaying it. I guess it is time to drop serious hints about the sale starting Friday.

On a different note, my brother in law is now tempted to get into Lego after just ten seconds. All it took was starting at and touching the Imperial Shuttle. His words: "This is a slippery slope. A very slippery slope."

I'm in for all of them.

And that flickr stream also has pics from a bunch of upcoming City sets, and a few creator, including our favorite Eagle/Scorpion/Beaver

I think I am in for all of them as well, but those I listed look the coolest so far to me. Perhaps some higher resolution pictures will change that.

Also, DAT EAGLE SET!

Ainaurdur

LegoGAF [OT2] Studs Everywhere

LegoGAF [OT2] Beaver Incoming

Why choose when you can combine them:

LegoGAF [OT2] Studs Everywhere - Beaver Incoming

And yes, after seeing more pics, I think I could be in for the full Galaxy Squad line as well. One of the minifigs helmets reminds me of a M.A.S.K. character, and another made me loosely think of Daft Punk.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I love those Galaxy Squad sets (ESPECIALLY Space Swarmer), but you'd think we would get more aliens than squad members. We don't want to troop build the good guys! Give us more crazy cockroaches and baddie beetles!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
LegoGAF |OT2| Of Modulars and Men

Tell me about the Tower Bridge, GAF.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It is grand and epic. It has one of the best price per brick ratios out there. It is one of the greatest sources for MOC pieces.

TL;DR- buy it.

Thanks, but it was a play on a famous quote from Of Mice and Men: "Tell me about the rabbits, George."

I already know how beautiful it is. Makes me wish I had room for it! :)

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Got the Minecraft Micro World yesterday
for a present to someone else :(

God damn the packaging and presentation of it all is lovely.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Bold it tonight and then tell us how it was. I'm still figuring out what to buy on Friday to get up to £50 for the Christmas set. I think I'm entirely up to date with everything I could want.

If I can get Firestation for £85 I may consider that. Otherwise it's a toss between the VW or the Sopwith Camel.

R-User!

LegoGAF |OT2|: Building Dreams, Destroying Wallets

I like that. Here's a play on it:

LegoGAF |OT2|: Building Dreams, Emptying Bank Accounts!

Edit: but I realize now why yours is better: Building/Detroying is better than Building/Emptying.

Or: LEGOGAF |OT2|: Filling Up Cups, Emptying Out Bank Accounts

But yours is shorter and therefore sweeter. It's very GAF sarcastic. :)

For the love of GOD, BattleMonkey, get that thought out of your head right now.

tumblr_lkcjdf1C511qzsiy0o1_400.gif

haha

I think it would be a good long term goal for fun. Looking at prices of some of the rare parts though it kinda sucks, wondering if some can just be changed for something completely different. Don't need that silly $50 dish from the top for example.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
LEGOGAF |OT2|: Abandon All Money, Ye Who Enter Here

LEGOGAF |OT2|: You'd Be Stupid Not To Buy It!

LEGOGAF |OT2|: More Addictive Than A Steam Sale

haha

I think it would be a good long term goal for fun. Looking at prices of some of the rare parts though it kinda sucks, wondering if some can just be changed for something completely different. Don't need that silly $50 dish from the top for example.

Ha. Such a mammoth task, dude. I BL'd around 200-300 pieces for a MOC and it was brutal. You'd have to be such a vendor whore, but hey, if you've the (exorbitant amount of) cash and are willing to sacrifice months of your life (+ years in stress), GO FOR IT! Also, you're going to be paying a lot, so that silly $50 dish will be but a drop in the ocean, anyway.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
haha

The reason the dish, and the two grey ladder pieces are expensive is because they really are visible and big parts of the set. I would consider those 3 pieces as must haves if you're going to do it.

Oh, for God's sake. I ordered R2-D2 off Amazon. Even if Lego had it on sale this weekend, it probably wouldn't be that cheap once you factor taxes into the equation. NO MORE THIS WEEKEND! NO MORE!

Thank you Inquisitor. Your name just made me think of History of the World Part 1.

"The Grand Inquisitor, the great Torquemada. Do not beg him for mercy. The great Torquemada. Do not beg him for forgiveness. The great Torquemada. Let's face it, you cant Torquemada anything!"

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Amazon UK is crap for exclusive LEGO. If they do list the expensive sets it usually above RRP. So you don't have much choice but to get it from LEGO directly who'll hardly ever slash the prices.

Amazon UK is crap for exclusive LEGO. If they do list the expensive sets it usually above RRP. So you don't have much choice but to get it from LEGO directly who'll hardly ever slash the prices.

Many sets on Amazon US are sold through third party, which marks them up above MSRP. Just look at:

Town Hall for $40 above MSRP

Grand Emporium for $70 above MSRP

Mini Modulars $28 above MSRP

Sopwith Camel for $61 above MSRP. But the way the seller makes it look better is posting a fake MSRP on their link.

Even if you factored in tax on all these sets, it is cheaper to order from Lego and even Toys R Us. That says something when TRU is cheaper than you without being on sale.

Oh, for God's sake. I ordered R2-D2 off Amazon. Even if Lego had it on sale this weekend, it probably wouldn't be that cheap once you factor taxes into the equation. NO MORE THIS WEEKEND! NO MORE!

Thank you Inquisitor. Your name just made me think of History of the World Part 1.

"The Grand Inquisitor, the great Torquemada. Do not beg him for mercy. The great Torquemada. Do not beg him for forgiveness. The great Torquemada. Let's face it, you cant Torquemada anything!"

Glad I could help. And fucking lol.

LegoGAF [OT2] You Can't Build Just One

LegoGAF [OT2] Studs Everywhere

LegoGAF [OT2] Beaver Incoming

LegoGAF [OT2] Never Enough SNOT

LegoGAF [OT2] Mix the bags!

LegoGAF [OT2] Where Wallets Come to Die

OK, I'm spent.

LegoGaf [OT2] "Your Wallet Will Shit Bricks."

LegoGaf [OT2] "The World is SNOT Enough."

LegoGaf [OT2] "AKA PhoncipleBone's Twitter Account."

LegoGaf [OT2] "Only Studs Need Apply."