• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
GAFs feelings on the Friends theme caught in photo form:

6892822221_c7031fe9b2.jpg

Did you buy that set from a guy in an alley or something? :p
Barnes and Noble! The box was sealed. The sides were actually glued shut so I had to tear it open; not like the other sets I've gotten recently that had that tape and then the sides have those tabs so it can be reclosed.

Wolfe

The only figs I want from the series 6 ones are the bandit and the robot, I am horrible at "feeling" which figure is in the bag so I just grabbed one... got the fucking genie :(

Anyone wanna trade for my genie?! :p

Naka

If you don't mind I'd like to see that, I have the landspeeder set and noticed instantly that something was different about the paint app on that C-3PO.

Here you go. Droid Escape on the left and Luke's Landspeeder on the right.

6893233619_87b215f1a5_z.jpg

Naka

You got the droid escape set but didn't post pics of the AWESOME SANDTROOPERS that come with it?!

I was at Target tonight and was soooooooooo tempted to pick this up along with the Endor minifig pack you got just for the trooper minifigs and bikes...but I was able to resist the temptation and walked away...I'm not really thrilled of having misc parts laying around (especially a bunch of spare R2-D2s) while I just use the troopers from both sets.

You're right, the Sandtroopers are awesome new mini figs. How's this? :)

8c52ecd659ad11e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

Lego_10175_2.jpg

Is this one rare? Someone offered me one new and sealed for $300.

Edit: Looks like $300 is normal for this set, so it's not a great offer.

enewtabie

Why did I have to start reading this thread. We let out early today so I went by Walmart.
I almost picked up Palpatine's shuttle until I saw Slave 1 and it was 40 bucks.
4d883bc7.jpg

chidrock

Just so you guys know - Tantive IV on amazon is $99.90, but there's only one left.....go go go!

I'm just surprised I got one - it feels like I always miss out. Thanks to you guys I went back and looked at it again...

Edit - sorry it's back to full price

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Don't judge me, but I got this for £15, reduced (w/ damaged box and clearly the last one there) at a TRU here in the UK.

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CLG7572lg.jpg

Going to be very useful for MOCs once I've had a build of it.

neonglow

Just so you guys know - Tantive IV on amazon is $99.90, but there's only one left.....go go go!

I'm just surprised I got one - it feels like I always miss out. Thanks to you guys I went back and looked at it again...

Edit - sorry it's back to full price

Was it sold by Amazon or a 3rd party?

I finished up my lighthouse and found myself missing one of the clear window panes. Otherwise it was a really fun build that I recommend to people looking for a Creator set in the $40 range. The gear system for spinning the light was a nice surprise and I really liked the little birds. My two complaints are the light not having an on/off (you have to hold it down) and the interior being somewhat simplistic. Not sure how much they could have fit inside it though due to the size.

6893398489_82cdabe11d_b.jpg

6893399983_2d65bb6129_b.jpg

6893399375_46fb3cbe20_b.jpg

Why did I have to start reading this thread. We let out early today so I went by Walmart.
I almost picked up Palpatine's shuttle until I saw Slave 1 and it was 40 bucks.
4d883bc7.jpg

Everytime I see Slave 1 I cannot unsee this;

r4o36.jpg

I don't know if I love or hate it. It's so fat yet how can double the Slave 1 goodness be bad?

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Why would we judge you? You're amongst kindred souls here.

Because it's from a very strange licensed line ;)

Have almost finished building this Persia anyway - it's an odd one. You can see they really did try to make something that was fun (it's got lots of traps/mechanics for moving swords, etc) but my god... it'd be quite boring for a non-fan. The colours, for a start. Just too much grey. I'm *into* snapping the bricks together, but for kids this just doesn't work. Obviously they knew that all along, hence why it didn't last long.

The saving grace is that the range has lots of brick-coloured bricks, so perfect for building a new modular with. Most looking forward to taking it apart to do that, really.

jtkauff

Hmm, what do you guys think, would buying a Tower Bridge be a good investment? Will prices go up for sure once it's out of print?

The way things are now I can't imagine that it won't go up in price. I doubt that it will go up as much as some of the modulars have increased, for instance, but I can't imagine that it would do anything other than increase.

Repgnar

Had some bad luck with my last two Lego purchases. Was missing a piece from the Imperial V-Wing set a couple of weeks back. That piece came in a few days ago with little hassle. Today I decided to go check out the Lego sale at TRU. Most of the stuff was not actually on sale and the few things that were 30% off were not in stock. Saw that they had a few SW Advent calenders for 25% though and picked one up. Got home a couple hours later and opened it up to see that the 24th day box was ripped open and the minifig inside was MIA. Have to head back that way tomorrow for class and i'm pretty sure they had quite a few left so I should be able to get another one. Going to open it up right outside of the store this time.

Naka

Had some bad luck with my last two Lego purchases. Was missing a piece from the Imperial V-Wing set a couple of weeks back. That piece came in a few days ago with little hassle. Today I decided to go check out the Lego sale at TRU. Most of the stuff was not actually on sale and the few things that were 30% off were not in stock. Saw that they had a few SW Advent calenders for 25% though and picked one up. Got home a couple hours later and opened it up to see that the 24th day box was ripped open and the minifig inside was MIA. Have to head back that way tomorrow for class and i'm pretty sure they had quite a few left so I should be able to get another one. Going to open it up right outside of the store this time.

Same thing happened to me when I got one from Amazon. I think it was a 3rd party fulfilled by Amazon though. Fortunately they returned it no problem and I got a second.

jtkauff

Saw that they had a few SW Advent calenders for 25% though and picked one up. Got home a couple hours later and opened it up to see that the 24th day box was ripped open and the minifig inside was MIA. Have to head back that way tomorrow for class and i'm pretty sure they had quite a few left so I should be able to get another one. Going to open it up right outside of the store this time.

Hm, I just picked up a Star Wars Advent Calendar today as well, was going to save it until next Christmas for my son and I to do but now I might have to pop it open early to check the contents. Is the packaging put together so that I could check the contents and still have it be... adventy? Or do you need to pop the individual doors open to check the stuff inside?

Repgnar

Hm, I just picked up a Star Wars Advent Calendar today as well, was going to save it until next Christmas for my son and I to do but now I might have to pop it open early to check the contents. Is the packaging put together so that I could check the contents and still have it be... adventy? Or do you need to pop the individual doors open to check the stuff inside?

There's the front cover that's just held down by some tape. The box I got had 2 pieces of tape but I think there was a third by the 24th cube that got ripped off. The person that took this one made it clear that the minifig was missing, the tab was bent and I could see inside. The packaging is 24 tabs with a plastic shell holding the bag of whatever is inside. If you cut the tape and look inside you should be able to see if any of the tabs were pulled open pretty easily then you could tape it back up. I could take a pic real quick if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom