• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LittleBigPlanet BETA thread of hoo boy it's judgement time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guled

so, will someone try to share it with me then. You got nothing to lose and I'll regard you as the greatest poster on the Internet

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I played danielsan's level and was SEVERELY DISAPPOINTED

i'm now putting you on my ignore list.

_RT_

flipping_heck said:
:lol :lol

but still, alot of my gaming friends care very little or dont know much about LBP, with the right marketing and awareness, it can be a long-term system seller. The game will sell systems for the hardcore gamers, but for the casuals, games like Resistance 2 and stuff are the system sellers.

I would have agreed with you 2 years ago.
But tell that theory to Nintendo.

Marketed correctly, this will sell systems.

roxya

My brother and I were in fits of laughter right at the very start, just playing around making silly faces, waving our arms about and slapping eachother. I've no idea why it was so funny :lol

goku3000

if it's shareable. I'm willing to share it with my account of 50 dollars worth of games :
Pain dlc's, warhawk mappack, last guy, ect
pls pm me

Spike

Kagari said:
Oh god, my friend just called the game "bland" D: I think I must hurt him.

He's not really your friend.

But I can be...

:D

Actually, I have an extra Kratos skin code for LBP that I was hoping to trade with someone around here for the Nariko code, but I'm actually entertaining the idea of trading it for a beta key.

PM me if anyone has either a beta code or extra Nariko code.

BTW, I'm in Canada, so if I did get a beta code from someone in europe, would I be able to play it?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
So take away all the create/share elements and imagine this game is a traditional platformer.

Is it fun!? Does it stand up to other AAA 2D platformers? As fun as all the create aspects are, if the game isn't actually that much fun then no amount of community can save it really.

Don't get me wrong it looks amazing, I'm just looking for direct confirmation.

Spruchy

TV is being used right now, can I play it through my master account or should I be giving out my Europe account name to play with other gaffers?

Teknoman

MiamiWesker said:
SWEET!

I have an idea for an Empire Strikes Back asteroid chase scene level.

Yeah, DMprince and that other video from earlier gave me the idea of using rocket powered scooters to sail through loops and corkscrews.

FightyF

Banned
How did you guys get into the beta? How? How can you beta? How can I beta? Beta[/urdu]?

13 pages already in 5 hours this is MADNESS.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So are there any actual impressions in here or just people asking for codes? Oh and good thing I gave my code to to someone else since the PS3 I got back was busted even worse than the one I sent in.

Those that are playing the tutorial and if any made it to the Putting the brain on the horse one how exactly did you get that to work?

Or are you guys just playing user created levels :lol

Chris R

hopefully there is some form of USA beta that goes out to lots of people :| otherwise I have to wait for the game to drop to rent it first to see if I want it.

RoboPlato said:
So are there any actual impressions in here or just people asking for codes? Oh and good thing I gave my code to to someone else since the PS3 I got back was busted even worse than the one I sent in.

impressions are pretty scattered
should be a thread just for people who are actually in the beta

Question, has anyone successfully shared LBP beta?.. my friend shared his with me and it doesn't work.. I downloaded using his euro account and then used my US account to finish downloading and install the game. Then I attempted to start the game but I prohibited because I using a different profile..

just a couple days ago i was doubting that this would sell to more than just the hardcore. boy was i wrong, no words can explain how great this is:lol .

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Are impressions allowed? I thought it was under NDA. The OP says otherwise, but I dunno.

My impressions are omg, lol, wtf, and bbq. in that order.

Assembly Required said:
Question, has anyone successfully shared LBP beta?.. my friend shared his with me and it doesn't work.. I downloaded using his euro account and then used my US account to finish downloading and install the game. Then I attempted to start the game but I prohibited because I using a different profile..

well its working fine for me but seems like most people cant. :(

kiUNiT

Wollan said:
Joined gofreak and TTP and nomz on the Dragon Siege level.
It's a tough one but it's a genuine challenge. The community aspect just makes it.

Basically what they're doing is:
Dragon bombards player position with exploding bombs, try not to get blown up!
One player controls angle of Cannon, other player fires it.
Try to knock out all the dragons teeth before the time runs out. Oh and the dragon head is constantly moving.
Not easy.
Sounds fun, fuck

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
kiUNiT said:
Sounds fun, fuck
He pretty much nailed how fun it is. And you can create something crazy like that too. Essentially make your own set of minigames, story levels, or just about anything

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
omg, haven't laughed so much playing a game in yonks... and that's just playing a few levels, a lot of them most would consider "crappy"!

GOTF!!! For real!

spwolf

Y2Kev said:
Are impressions allowed? I thought it was under NDA. The OP says otherwise, but I dunno.

My impressions are omg, lol, wtf, and bbq. in that order.

80,000 people beta? Pour them in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom