• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MCC - Zanzibar in action

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So jealous. Wow.

image.php

I did, fullscreen, 1080p. Ive been playing Reach all week, so its fresh in my mind, and to me, that footage of H2 looks reminscent of Reach. Its no looker, put it that way

This footage isn't 60fps even though it says so. There's little aliasing here and Reach was not 1080p. Even at 30fps it looks substantially better than Reach to me.

JB1981

I did, fullscreen, 1080p. Ive been playing Reach all week, so its fresh in my mind, and to me, that footage of H2 looks reminscent of Reach. Its no looker, put it that way

Halo Reach is sub 720p with temporal AA. The bump in image quality alone makes this a big upgrade aesthetically.

malfcn

Looks awesome. I only wish the armor looked more worn. It must be repaired daily or super durable. When I think of sand and armor (or general combat) think battle worn.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Behold the greatness. There are no words. We need to create new words for this greatness. Halorific? Cazemic. Yup.

Slightly off topic but do we know if they managed to get the Halo 2 campaign up to 1080p yet?

Not that I particularly care but it would be nice if the entire package was consistent across the board.

soultron

Banned
Or you know, nice detail not blurring into a smear a short way into the distance.

Well, there's a few things to consider:

1) The game probably isn't finished yet, things could change. (Though they probably won't.)
2) It's a console game, do you expect 16x AF? IIRC, this was also a problem with the original Halo games, so it's not like it's a new issue. You can argue that it's new and improved hardware, I realise that.

I'd much rather have solid performance than amazing visuals for a console game, especially one where, arguably, half of the focus is on competitive play. But that's just me, obviously. If you're someone who's more into graphical fidelity, I understand that you expect more.

Slightly off topic but do we know if they managed to get the Halo 2 campaign up to 1080p yet?

Not that I particularly care but it would be nice if the entire package was consistent across the board.

was it not at 1080p?

edit:I thought when it was last shown hey said 1080p and 60 for halo2

Caja 117

It looks sooooooo good,i really like these remade maps and I will defenetly pay for a DLC containing more remakes. come on, 343, do it.

Akai__

All games campaigns and MPs are 1080p, for the Halo 2 campaign they are having a harder time because they are essentially using 2 engines at once.

Explain why Halo 1 Anniversary is capable of doing it and Halo 2 Anniversary isn't. I'm not complaining, but I would like to understand why it isn't possible.

Why does the mongoose have guns on it?

It's called the Gungoose and it's a new vehicle.

daman824

Explain why Halo 1 Anniversary is capable of doing it and Halo 2 Anniversary isn't. I'm not complaining, but I would like to understand why it isn't possible.

I think it has to do with the fact that in h2A, the graphical change happens instantly when you press the button with no delay.

I'm assuming Halo 2A looks a ton better, which from gameplay it does. I don't know though.

Top Bottom