• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MCC - Zanzibar in action

Chorazin

You have it completely wrong, it's just that all the games are together and under a single UI with matchmaking mixing them together. If you play a Halo 3 map you will be playing Halo 3, not Halo 4 on a Halo 3 map.

Oh....man, that's actually really dissapointing. So no way to play Halo 3 on a Halo 4 or 2 map?

I'm really kinda bummed now. :(

RoKKeR

Looks and SOUNDS absolutely incredible. Halo, FINALLY on XBO. Can't fucking wait.

Edit: What the hell was the above poster expecting?

Chorazin

Looks and SOUNDS absolutely incredible. Halo, FINALLY on XBO. Can't fucking wait.

Edit: What the hell was the above poster expecting?

I was hoping for 4 sets of physics, weapons, and damage that could be applied to any map. I'm a big Halo 3 fan, it's my favorite MP of all time. Couldn't get into 4's MP, and I didn't have an Xbox during Halo 2's MP.

I'd like to play Halo 3 MP with a ton more maps, basically.

Luigi87

Looks fun, maybe as much fun as Zanzibar in Toronto! Cheaper as well.

XS5LK.gif

Anywho, this looks quite good.

Impala26

What did they do to my beloved sniper rifle sound?

You mean besides make it sound like a rifle shooting a .50 caliber round?

I think the remastered weapon sounds are fantastic personally. Carbine and Ghost Plasma Cannons aren't amazing, but I can look past that.

They also messed with reload timings for all the weapons in the trailer, and added vehicles and weapons not originally in halo 2. 343 fucking with that balance again.

The original Halo 2 multiplayer is untouched, this is Halo 2 Anniversary.

And the weapons sound amazing, loud and powerful.

Playing a version of your favorite Halo MP with every map ever in a Halo game isn't that strange, is it? It's like getting a huge map pack years and year late! :)

The games were all designed with a specific sandbox and movement type. Playing Halo 1 maps with the Halo 3 movement, physics and sandbox wouldn't work. It would also be a ridiculous undertaking and would require a complete overhaul of all 4 games's engines and tuning across almost 100 maps.

Chorazin

The games were all designed with a specific sandbox and movement type. Playing Halo 1 maps with the Halo 3 movement, physics and sandbox wouldn't work. It would also be a ridiculous undertaking and would require a complete overhaul of all 4 games's engines and tuning across almost 100 maps.

I guess that's true. It would be really awesome though!

EmpReb

Banned
I am going to get an xbone again it seems. MCC is the Metroid Prime: Trilogy pack for the Halo Universe. That is a SICK combo of games when you think a about it.

I'm thinking about all the fun I had playing Halo 2 online, racking up over 14k games played on my XBL account, and I start looking forward to playing it again only to realize that the people I played with no longer game. Those that do have yet to jump into the Xbone party. It wont be the same. :(

That brings me back to 2004, nostalgia :)

Might beg my cousin to buy an Xbox one so we can play together cross country like we did in halo 2 online all those years ago

We wrecked fools B^)

Muffdraul

Getting a Xbone for the campaigns, i suck at Halo multiplayer :(

Halo 2 came out right when my desire to play online MP was in it's final death throes. I have vague memories of playing a few rounds here and there in the first few days after it came out, but I just couldn't get into it. I never played MP at all after that, so I just never developed any Halo MP skills. I think I might finally be ready to make a comeback...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
There was no sound at all for it actually so...

(See disclaimer at beginning of video about it being a Work-In-Progress)

But yes, the clang is arguably the most iconic part of Zanzibar (save the blue screen of death that appears when you get the main gate to the base open).

WIP YO

I really hope the fix the first person hands before launch, when holding a BR the hand looks really low poly. Halo 4 had the same problem in development, but they fixed it by E3 if I remember correctly.
It's strange though, because it's only a problem with the BR.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I need this game down my throat

Got my week of rec leave booked in and ready to go. I've always loved that Aussies (and Kiwis) get the Halo (and most other MS 1st party) games first in the world.

Gives us half a day of blissful lag free racism free multiplayer.

Hopefully the Victorian Azure server is up by then. Any word on that Frankie?

Vestax

Banned
The sound in that clip is rather impressive. Nicely done. The visuals on the other hand, truly show its age, even for 1080p/60fps. Decade-old game(s)...but I guess it's all about he gameplay, like Tifanfall.

No no I'm asking for any material. I've yet to see it, too. :-(.

ah man, you got me all excited haha
actually in the last MCC panel that was one of the community questions, the answer was are are going to get Halo CE material within one month
or maybe the actual phase was within this month

anyhow it should be around pretty soon, your comment made me think like its already out haha

I really really hope Patcher was talking about a MCC bundle when he was talking about there being an insane deal for the holidays. I want this game so badly. I thought Destiny could tide me over until this. :(

ah man, you got me all excited haha
actually in the last MCC panel that was one of the community questions, the answer was are are going to get Halo CE material within one month
or maybe the actual phase was within this month

anyhow it should be around pretty soon, your comment made me think like its already out haha
for me, that MP was still the best. Pistol was GOAT and H2 ruined it for all time!

This is what Bungie was all about, can't FUCKING WAIT!

giphy.gif

People will remember what made the Halo games so great and will able to see why Destiny is even shittier than it is.

Aeqvitas

Judging by this thread, the people who say that MCC won't be a system seller because everyone who wants it already bought an XB1 is way wrong.

That said, I can't believe how good this looks. Halo 2 was always the crown of my multiplayer gaming experience. I can't wait to get back in at 60FPS and dedicated servers. I am still hoping Ivory Tower makes it for the last remastered map.

Impala26

This is what Bungie was all about, can't FUCKING WAIT!

giphy.gif

People will remember what made the Halo games so great and will able to see why Destiny is even shittier than it is.

duh duh duh DAHHHH... duhh duhh duhh DAHHHHH... dunn dunn dunn DAHHHH... doo doo doo DOOOH, doo day, doo day doo...

Lay those sweet tasty strings on me Marty!

Frankie responded to MY comment!?!
*fanboy swoons*
XD

Top Bottom