• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread |OT2| All Riffs, No Gifs

Went to the Nails tour last night

Thought the show was going to be much better than it was with the addition of Like Rats and Harm's Way

I've seen Like Rats twice in like 2013, apparently since then they've changed their sound to be more like 90's death metal instead of Celtic Frost crusty punk.......can't say I'm a fan but they were ok

Gatecreeper were immense. I'm not a huge fan of their album but they were fantastic and easily best band of the night

4th time seeing Harm's Way, second time seeing them do their modern beatdown material. (twice were special sets of only old songs/covers for Weekend Nachos). I love their album Isolation and don't really care for anything else they've put out. Only one song from Isolation in the set and it's not even the one I figured was a lock......... :(

Toxic Holocaust was good, Nails was fine (not a fan really)

Everyone besides Nails played like 25 minute sets which was a bit odd but whatever

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Went to the Nails tour last night

Thought the show was going to be much better than it was with the addition of Like Rats and Harm's Way

I've seen Like Rats twice in like 2013, apparently since then they've changed their sound to be more like 90's death metal instead of Celtic Frost crusty punk.......can't say I'm a fan but they were ok

Gatecreeper were immense. I'm not a huge fan of their album but they were fantastic and easily best band of the night

4th time seeing Harm's Way, second time seeing them do their modern beatdown material. (twice were special sets of only old songs/covers for Weekend Nachos). I love their album Isolation and don't really care for anything else they've put out. Only one song from Isolation in the set and it's not even the one I figured was a lock......... :(

Toxic Holocaust was good, Nails was fine (not a fan really)

Everyone besides Nails played like 25 minute sets which was a bit odd but whatever
I caught this tour last week. I agree that Gatecreeper stole the show. Like Rats and Harms Way weren't on the bill in Boston, but Wound Man (a local powerviolence band) played and they were pretty great.

I've tried quite a few times over the years to get into Ulcerate but they've never really "clicked" for me, until now! I've been blasting their new album Shrines of Paralysis and it's finally all coming together in my head, totally crushing stuff. The intricate guitars and totally insane drums make for a rewarding listen if you're willing to give it all your attention.

Same thing happened for me earlier this year with the new Deathspell Omega album. I didn't like em until one day I did.

Scottify

That's how I feel about the new Mastodon too. Overall I enjoy it but I don't think it will have the same lasting effect for me as some of their other albums.

Few Maryland Deathfest lineup changes. UADA, Noothgrush, and Agoraphobic Nosebleed added, replacing Batushka, English Dogs, and Wormrot. Also, NYC pre-show:

17626682_1503277816359857_2693847164007780782_n.jpg

What are we listening to here these days, last thing I remember was the new Havok album.

Also while I'm casually listening to it at 2am
A7x's new album is okay. I don't like the band but, alright stuff here.

NEO0MJ

Sometimes, I feel like nothing new works for me. Anyone else share that sentiment?

That's how I feel about the new Mastodon too. Overall I enjoy it but I don't think it will have the same lasting effect for me as some of their other albums.

They've been around for too long. 6 albums and 15 years after they're debut that's not surprising. Have any band put out truly amazing stuff after such a career?

GutsOfThor

What are we listening to here these days, last thing I remember was the new Havok album.

Also while I'm casually listening to it at 2am
A7x's new album is okay. I don't like the band but, alright stuff here.

I'm listening to:

Falls Of Rauros- Vigilance Perennial
Body Count- Bloodlust
Rainbow-Rising
Taake- Entire discography
Impureza- Both albums

Slaegt posted an update on their forthcoming new album:

17504321_674907172716146_5938208724527825592_o.jpg

On May the 5th of the year MMXVII, the finest purveyors of dark, spiritual, sonic art, Ván Records, will be releasing our first full-length as a four-piece band!
Recorded, mixed and mastered at Ballade Studios, Copenhagen, between September to November MMXVI, and with artwork and illustrations by Jose Gabriel Alegría Sabogal, the album consists of eight tracks, and is entitled “Domus Mysterium”.

Pre-sale for the album will begin on April 14th, and on that date, a track from the album will also be released.
We are very excited to share this work with you.
More info will follow………..

TIL DØDEN
A.O.O.A
//
Slægt

Cannot fucking wait. Their first album Ildsvanger was straight up old Darkthrone black metal worship. Their second album Beautiful and Damned took a turn to a polished blackened heavy metal sound. I have no idea what this new album will sound like, but I hope they continue their path. One of the only few young modern bands that are exciting.

also on my current rotation. Really excellent follow up to Realm of Sacrifice. That LP is mine.

Slaegt posted an update on their forthcoming new album:

Cannot fucking wait. Their first album Ildsvanger was straight up old Darkthrone black metal worship. Their second album Beautiful and Damned took a turn to a polished blackened heavy metal sound. I have no idea what this new album will sound like, but I hope they continue their path. One of the only few young modern bands that are exciting.

great news.

Top Bottom