• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mick |OT| Sitcom starring Kaitlin Olson - Tuesdays on FOX at 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

Bt2FOjf.png

Cast:

Kaitlin Olson as Mackenzie Murphy
Sofia Black D'Elia as Sabrina Pemberton
Thomas Barbusca as Chip Pemberton
Jack Stanton as Ben Pemberton
Carla Jimenez as Alba
Susan Park as Liz
Dave Annable as Teddy Grant
Scott MacArthur as Jimmy

hSeP41o.jpg
HuWTKgu.jpg

the_mick_opening_by_digi_matrix-dasxaap.gif

The Mick has a centers on Mackenzie "Mickey" Murphy (Olson), a hard-living, foul-mouthed, cigarette-smoking woman who moves to affluent Greenwich, CT to raise the spoiled kids of her wealthy sister who has fled the country to avoid a federal indictment. She quickly learns what the rest of us already know - other people's children are awful.

DnJ5RaZ.jpg

Website | IMDb

I would post a trailer or clips, but the first episode is available on the FOX website and on their YouTube channel.

EDIT: Looks like FOX had the episode up on Christmas and took it down the next day. It airs next Sunday.

Guzim

I'll check it out for Kaitlin Olson especially since this seems like it'll be Sweet Dee the sitcom.

SFenton

I am very hesitant about this, though I intend to watch it, at least for a few episodes.

I think Olson has the potential to hold her own show but this absolutely cannot just be a predicable "Sweet Dee spinoff", and all the promotional material has led me to believe it's just that so far.

Dereck

lmao this is fucking ridiculous

I am very hesitant about this, though I intend to watch it, at least for a few episodes.

I think Olson has the potential to hold her own show but this absolutely cannot just be a predicable "Sweet Dee spinoff", and all the promotional material has led me to believe it's just that so far.
I haven't seen her in any role other than IASIP.

It's Kaitlin Olson, and judging from the first episode when she's interacting with these different types of characters it's a little bit different.

The character she plays in this show is also not as terrible as Sweet Dee is and you don't have the rest of the Always Sunny cast to influence her acting or to bounce off of.

I'll also add that since she's taking a guardian type role who has to watch kids, we're getting a different side of Olson that we don't see often on IASIP.

I'm 100% cool with it being a sweet dee spinoff. It would be her in regular/high class society and that's funny to me.

Eh I mean I like Sweet Dee as much as the next person but an entire show that's just her (essentially) with a bunch of ostensibly normal kids to bounce off instead of a gang of other narcissistic sociopaths doesn't sound particularly appealing.

Plus it's a Fox comedy and those almost universally suck.

LionPride

Banned
Eh I mean I like Sweet Dee as much as the next person but an entire show that's just her (essentially) with a bunch of ostensibly normal kids to bounce off instead of a gang of other narcissistic sociopaths doesn't sound particularly appealing.

Brooklyn 99, Bob's Burgers, Scream Queens, Grandfathered, Arrested Development, Last Man on Earth, Living Single, Martin, Malcolm in the Middle, Married with Children, That 70s Show, The Good Guys...

These kids are anything but normal. They're pricks and they deserve everything coming to them.

Kaitlin is great but I can't stand shaky cam sitcoms. I wish they would go back to steady cam but The Office and Modern Family set this stupid trend

Eh, I liked what I saw so far. Had a few good laughs. I'll keep watching for now. Still, it feels a bit off on network TV. There was quite a few times where I thought Mick was gonna drop a "fuck" but then remembered what channel I was watching.

PK Gaming

Funny and weird but also weirdly conservative (obvious gags+ the rebellious pretentious teenage girl who's into the environment and junk is so old hat) but there's a ton of potential

Hopefully they really get into their groove early on

EDIT: I think the show will live and die with Mickey's rivalry with her niece

ColdPizza

Banned
Funny and weird but also weirdly conservative (obvious gags+ the rebellious pretentious teenage girl who's into the environment and junk is so old hat) but there's a ton of potential

Hopefully they really get into their groove early on

EDIT: I think the show will live and die with Mickey's rivalry with her niece

I think the show will live and die on Olson's physical gags

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Just caught the pilot and I gotta admit I wasn't expecting to laugh as much as I did. The whole ending gag with the neighbor, the security guard and the maid was pretty fucking funny.

I'm not fully sold on it yet, but I'll give it at least a couple more episodes before I decide. It'll be a little odd basically seeing Sweet Dee on two shows every week though.

I liked it a lot.

Kid actors are great as well, which if they weren't, a lot of the gags would fall flat.

I'll be watching until Fox inevitably pulls the plug.

vypek

I forgot there was a special airing so I missed most of the episode and the rest seemed okay. Might check it out in the future now.

DominoKid

is the grandma actually an old lady or
Eliza Coupe in old people makeup

i swear it could be either one.

the lil one rocking that headgear all ep got me dying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom