• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Minimalist Ninja Gold N+ XBLA Official Thread

Grecco

Shard said:
I would have said that it was coming this week based on the evidence I uncovered, an release party happening next Wednesday posted on the official forums of Metanet by a Metanet employee, it makes sense that it would be this week, but now Discs of fucking Tron had to appear and throw a confusing monkey wrench into the whole deal.

Maybe its another two fer weak.

Jme

Can't wait.

N kept me company during many long and boring customer help line call center hours.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Grecco said:
Maybe its another two fer weak.

It is going to be a two fer week, the problem is which two, Commanders: Attack of the Genos also has a release date of next Wednesday according to the Sierra Online website. So to recap we now have three games, one release window, and now I am preplexed and annoyed.

Shard said:
I would have said that it was coming this week based on the evidence I uncovered, an release party happening next Wednesday posted on the official forums of Metanet by a Metanet employee, it makes sense that it would be this week, but now Discs of fucking Tron had to appear and throw a confusing monkey wrench into the whole deal.
You know what's even worse? My original sentence was going to be "Please let this be out next week, I don't want to wait even longer because the XBLA division deemed something like Discs of Tron more important."

And then came the announcement... :<

batbeg

OliveJuice said:
OMG :O N! I love that game.

One thing I didn't like about the game was that if the time ran out you had to start from the beginning, but if you just died you could replay the stage. I hope they fix that so you can replay the stage if the time runs out.

They're having a launch party in Toronto? Too bad I'm not into going to those kinda things.

Nobody has addressed this that I saw, so I thought I'd point out this isn't actually the case. I downloaded it about a year or so ago and it doesn't do that, so presumably it was updated at some point.

Beating N was the hardest thing I have ever done (damn you 88-4, damn you) so I'll have to see if I can get my fiancee to download this for me on her 360 :D

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I'd hate to see N+ get delayed by a week or more.

I easily want this more than anything poised to hit XBLA any time soon.

guise

I spent like 10 minutes looking for this on XBLA yesterday because i never read this thread properly :(

N is the greatest game ever made and it will rock your face off until it bleeds. Also Mare and Raigan who collectively comprise Metanet Software are the nicest and most pleasant game developers you will ever meet, and coincidentally are also Canadian. If you own an X360 and don't buy this game there is seriously something totally fucking wrong with you.

Iam Canadian

charlequin said:
N is the greatest game ever made and it will rock your face off until it bleeds. Also Mare and Raigan who collectively comprise Metanet Software are the nicest and most pleasant game developers you will ever meet, and coincidentally are also Canadian. If you own an X360 and don't buy this game there is seriously something totally fucking wrong with you.

Huh. I did not know this.

Just another awesome aspect of Canada. :D

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
N+ Update, N+ Update, N+ Update.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/02/14/n-likey-on-xbla-next-week/

Fanboy
N+ likely hits XBLA next week

Posted Feb 14th 2008 6:00PM by Xav de Matos
Filed under: News

Place this one in the we'll see category. According to a comment made on the MetaNet Software blog, developers Mare Sheppard and Raigan Burns (as poster M&R) hinted at a February 20 release of their upcoming XBLA version of N+. The, formerly free flash based game, promises the standard boost to sound and high resolution graphics found in other XBLA game as well as a multiplayer mode. On the official developer blog for Slick Entertainment, the team behind the XBLA version, N+ passed certification January 10 and has been awaiting a release. The title was nearly released on January 30 but was held back in favor of RezHD and Chessmaster.

In the comments on February 13, M&R told readers, "I don't know.. maybe we can post something tomorrow [about the release], we're still waiting to hear back from Microsoft, because as mentioned it seems like every other game was announced a week early (which led us to believe that was the rule)." Earlier today, M&R posted, "We'll have a proper post soon about the launch party!." While its hardly a confirmation it looks like N+ will be gracing XBLA any time now, we hope.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
MicVlaD said:
I honestly expected that the XBLA division would've found another reason to delay it once more.

With this (given that it's true), my bitching in the Arcade threads will stop now.

This is good.

Tain

If you own an X360 and don't buy this game there is seriously something totally fucking wrong with you.

The demo will have to blow me the hell away and convince me that this is exponentially better than the PC version for me to buy it. It's looking kind of unlikely.

OliveJuice said:
One thing I didn't like about the game was that if the time ran out you had to start from the beginning, but if you just died you could replay the stage. I hope they fix that so you can replay the stage if the time runs out.

Yeah I understand this frustration but it's intentionally designed to be that way. Your time limit starts at a fixed rate on the first level and carries over to all 5 stages of an 'episode'... that's why on some levels it's worth it to pick up extra crystals that seem unnecessary.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Just N+ for this week.

Leap, Sneak and Evade Your Way to Safety as the World’s Most Elusive Ninja in “N+,” An Innovative Platformer Launching on Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday!

Become a gold-thirsty ninja battling homicidal robots with “N+” as it lands on Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday, February 20 at 9:00 a.m. GMT (1:00 a.m. PST).

In the enhanced version of the original game “N,” players take on the persona of a ninja who must use deft acrobatic actions to battle robots in the futuristic world of “N+.” Play as a lone ninja or destroy the robots with a friend in Cooperative, Survival or Race modes using local or Internet co-op via Xbox LIVE. “N+” boasts 2-D Ragdoll physics with incredibly styled next-generation graphics for an intense visual experience. With unlimited lives, over 300 levels to master and a built-in level editor for when you crave more, the gold-searching and robot-smashing adventures are seemingly endless!

“N+” will be available worldwide for 800 Microsoft Points and is rated E10+ by the ESRB. For more details on “N+” please visit:

* http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/n/nplusxboxlivearcade

charlequin said:
If you own an X360 and don't buy this game there is seriously something totally fucking wrong with you.

Or maybe some of us would rather spend our money on games that are actually worth it. Like say Rez, Omega 5, Ikaruga and many other games worth $10. I played this game and I found it highly mediocre.

- 100 single player levels
- 450 more of them later on as DLC
- Level creator
- Replays that you can save and upload
- Online co-op campaigns: both single player and multiplayer levels
- Competitive multiplayer modes
- Player made levels allowed in multiplayer too

It's like they thought of everything. Fingers crossed that they get the netcode right.

And Rottweiler: this game is absolutely worth 10 dollars. One of the best platformers ever in my opinion and packed with content. I don't know why someone would find this game mediocre unless one didn't like the controls, detested the simple art style or didn't get into platformers as a whole.

MercuryLS

Banned
Probably my most wanted XBLA game...ever.

This game was great on the PC, I can't wait to try out an updated version on my HDTV and X360 controller.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Tain said:
The demo will have to blow me the hell away and convince me that this is exponentially better than the PC version for me to buy it. It's looking kind of unlikely.
I'm having some of the same thoughts. I was hoping it would be a 400pt game, because it would be easier to justify an impulse buy at that price.

Any true N fan will buy it anyways. But I don't know how they'll get the casuals to bite. The difficulty goes from 'challenging' to 'cactus rape' pretty quickly. It doesn't wow in the visuals department either. Maybe multiplayer is where the game shines.

Mar

I'm not feeling this game, and platformers are my favourite genre. I've watched a few videos now and I have to wonder how it's worth 800 points. Why is everything 800 points these days?

I'll get the demo and make my mind up then of course. Who knows, it might blow me away.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
For me, the question isn't whether the game is worth 800pts. I think it is the best pure platformer ever made. The question is what am I getting that they haven't already given away for free. I hope to see significant improvements in the graphics, controls and level design over the original.

Iam Canadian

Rottweiler said:
Or maybe some of us would rather spend our money on games that are actually worth it. Like say Rez, Omega 5, Ikaruga and many other games worth $10. I played this game and I found it highly mediocre.

I like to think of N as the Geometry Wars of platformers.

It's simplistic, minimalistic, and it's crazy addicting.

SapientWolf said:
Any true N fan will buy it anyways. But I don't know how they'll get the casuals to bite. The difficulty goes from 'challenging' to 'cactus rape' pretty quickly. It doesn't wow in the visuals department either. Maybe multiplayer is where the game shines.
I have my doubts whether or not some part of the casual market will even try it out. Anecdotal evidence for sure, but look at these replies on Gamersyde:

- Even without seeing a video I can already tell there are a thousand, MUCH better FREE flash games out there. This is just pathetic.

- You're right. I played the free PC demo last week and the gameplay sucks. Very frustrating, lots of pixel perfect jumps, time limits. And jumping will be even harder with the 360 controller.

- Wow, replays. Not only are we allowed to play ugly grey levels with stupid physics for 800 points, we are allowed to watch other players play ugly grey levels with stupid physics for 800 points. ;)

*shakes head*

Gamersyde user said:
- Wow, replays. Not only are we allowed to play ugly grey levels with stupid physics for 800 points, we are allowed to watch other players play ugly grey levels with stupid physics for 800 points. ;)
Note to BlimBlim: start banning idiots ;)

TxdoHawk

The only thing enjoyable about only being employed part-time for the moment is that I can stay up until the ass-crack of dawn to download this when it releases. :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
And it's only 13 MB

And it just finished downloading before I even got to post this reply :lol

Edit: I think I'm sold just on the first tutorial mission already

pswii60

Wario64 said:
And it's only 13 MB

And it just finished downloading before I even got to post this reply :lol

Edit: I think I'm sold just on the first tutorial mission already

800 points for 13 MB? They could have least incorporated a dummy file to make it feel more substantial :)

EDIT: This is rediculous. Three mins of downloading and only 35% complete of a 13mb file. Fucking Live.

Costanza

Banned
pswii60 said:
800 points for 13 MB? They could have least incorporated a dummy file to make it feel more substantial :)

EDIT: This is rediculous. Three mins of downloading and only 35% complete of a 13mb file. Fucking Live.
Mine finished in 15 seconds.

Top Bottom