• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Multiformat Artshots Thread (formerly part of the PC screenshots thread)

Aon

A bit of Zeno Clash love and big thanks to OCtagon for repeatedly blowing my mind :D
4741553940_eaa707f003_b.jpg

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
TheOctagon said:
That all depends on what you call respectable. Bear in mind that not all of those screens are captured using tools like Fraps - some are grabbed at super hi-res and then shrunk to eliminate aliasing. I also have a high tolerance for framerates most would consider heresy on PC, and probably even on console. I have a GTX285 Nvidia card and ageing Core2Duo; the former does most of the heavy lifting.

The reason this thread exists is because some users of the PC screenshot thread weren't comfortable with shots that weren't 100 per cent indicative of gameplay. That was more about image quality and anti-aliasing than composition and content, though I think the last two are actually the more misleading.

Short version: get the most expensive videocard you can and play everything using 2x2 supersampling or greater at middling framerates. The end.

You also color correct your photos and run a couple of filters when downsampling. None of the games you've shown have the contrast and colors that you show. Which is fine by me, I think the shots are beautiful, but it should be honest.

Twig

Banned
Thunderbear said:
You also color correct your photos and run a couple of filters when downsampling. None of the games you've shown have the contrast and colors that you show. Which is fine by me, I think the shots are beautiful, but it should be honest.
It is honest. He said that. Somewhere. Fuck if I'll be fucked to hunt it down.

Mr_Zombie

TheOctagon, what have you change in Mass Effect 2 config file that you are able to use tiledshot without those dark borders (and other postprocessing effects)?

Soule

jrd7ya.jpg

I've always loved the art of World of Warcraft and how well they set things out, one of my favourite sections of the game was going through Khara for the first time.

[Nintex]

Some amazing shots in this thread and I've got a new wallpaper too, now lets see if I can find some artistic stuff in Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts :lol

Been playing a lot of NOLF2 again lately despite constant crashes to desktop that are basically unavoidable. Here's a couple of epic bullshots:

optttu.jpg

2qxpc3b.jpg

derFeef

Age of Conan

Age_of_Conan_20100606130216-1.jpg

Age_of_Conan_20100606125820-1.jpg

Shot while playing w. disabled interface.
Resized afterwards. (damn photobucket shrinked them more, argh, will switch to flickr)

ymmv

Banned
The Dutch Slayer said:
I hope these are ok If you want me to split them up I can do that but their not full size.

cs 1.6

Ouch.... This thread is supposed to show off artistic screen shots ... The OP also stated:

"- No more than two full-size images per post. A full-size image is considered anything larger than 500px along any side. If you want to post more than two full-size images, either double-post or use thumbnails for the rest."

FAIL

Dennis

Banned

Game: GTA IV
Format: PC
Grabber: FRAPS
Mods: ENB and First Person
Color correction: No
SSAA: 2x2
Resized from 1280x800

Mr_Zombie said:
TheOctagon, what have you change in Mass Effect 2 config file that you are able to use tiledshot without those dark borders (and other postprocessing effects)?

'tiledshot 3 1024'

The 3 is the scale of the shot, the 1024 defines the overlap between tiles. This corrects elements like the vignette and any marginal bits of the HUD. You'll also need to go into coalesced.ini and dial the lens flare values down to zero. Lens flare and tiledshot don't mix.

The Dutch Slayer said:
Max Payne (1) Kung Fu mod 3.0

No offence but those aren't art shots. They belong in the PC screenshots thread.

Dennis

Banned

Game: Assassins Creed 2
Mods: No
Color correction: Yes
Cropped and Resized from 2560x1600

Dennis

Banned

Game: Mass Effect 2
Mods: No
Anti-aliasing: 32x Edge-detect
Cropped and Resized from 2560x1600

modulaire

I love this thread. Keep up the good work.

Too bad we will never see downsampled shots like TheOctagon's from PS3 exclusives like Uncharted2 or God of War3. Would be nice to see considering much potential there is (effects, artstyle)....

Dennis

Banned

Game: GTA IV
Mods: ENB series SORA 0.079 and First Person Mod v1.1
Anti-aliasing: 3x3 Supersampling
Additional Effects: SSAO and SSIL
Cropped and Resized from 1280x800

b.e.r.g

Phew, still blown away by these pictures... Truly inspiring as well! Think I'll upload some to flickr and post em myself. No new ones atm though, all been posted in the screenshots thread, but might as well gather em all here...

[Nintex]

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Too bad all pictures taken with the in-game photo mode are compressed to hell when they're uploaded :( I wonder if my HD5850 can act as a capture card.
j61y1l.png

35hmzpg.png

Orobi

3542503786_0a282f225b_o.jpg

human_scum's winning entry into the MotorStorm Pacific Rift photo competition.

3542503782_62eb23c903_o.jpg

Eminence_Grise's winning entry into the MotorStorm Pacific Rift photo competition.

b.e.r.g

Not new, but meh...

4742335984_c32f1119af_b.jpg

4741699161_9f15b44085_b.jpg

Game: TrackMania United
Developer: Nadeo
Platform: Windows
Modifications: Custom car
Enhancement: Multisampling with nHancer, downsampled

Top Bottom