• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Multiformat Artshots Thread (formerly part of the PC screenshots thread)

2glvd5.jpg

30v0rx.jpg

forrest

formerly nacire
I actually like the idea of artistic screenshots better than just playable screen grabs, but could someone shed some light on how to use debug functions to get free cam access for screens etc. Even just a link or something to get started with would be great! Thanks!

I actually like the idea of artistic screenshots better than just playable screen grabs, but could someone shed some light on how to use debug functions to get free cam access for screens etc. Even just a link or something to get started with would be great! Thanks!

Well, unfortunately, most games don't have such functions. Games from PC developers usually have (had) console commands or level editors that you can use to "fly" through the levels, eg Source Engine games, CryEngine games, idtech games. Two examples to get you started:

How to for Source Engine games: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/How_To_Take_Artistic_Screenshots
How to for BioShock: http://www.tweakguides.com/Bioshock_8.html (Read "Console Commands", the command you want is "Fly")

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I don't understand why this thread isn't more popular than the high-res screenshot thread, which is fucking boring by comparison.

iNvid02

so whats the difference between here and high res screens - is it just downsampling and no visible huds?

i already do that most of the time in the screenshots thread, i might start posting in here

Lime

so whats the difference between here and high res screens - is it just downsampling and no visible huds?

i already do that most of the time in the screenshots thread, i might start posting in here

Well, I would personally like that the screens in this thread have some sort of aesthetic quality (e.g. Stallion Free's RE5 shots last page) and aren't not just everyday shots without HUDs. This is obviously not a requirement, it's just my personal preference.

My Mass Effect doesn't look like that.
Sounds like you're probably due for an Art upgrade. I'd say you need at least 4L of Art to get by these days as a bare minimum. Those artshots probably come from a rig with at least 8L of Art.

Also, from the OP:
"When it comes to downsampling, console commands and mods, this is a stigma-free zone."
"Many of the shots here will use debug functions and the like to adopt angles and compositions you wouldn't see in-game"

;)

Top Bottom