• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Multiformat Artshots Thread (formerly part of the PC screenshots thread)

Lime

sh2pc2011-04-2323-53-30t4e.png

sh2pc2011-04-2323-53-54rvu.png

Maaseru

Banned
I posted this in the high res screenshot thread to , but it equally applies here so:

I've loved this thread for some time now.

I just wandered has there ever been an art exhibition done in the manner of this thread.

I mean, has there ever been a videogame screenshot Art Exhibit? Meaning have developers or fans alike ever done a sort of exhibit of the work running these games at their best and getting amazing shots. Like a photographer would do in the real world just in these virtual worlds?

I think they should, it's a great idea. Getting the screenshot from this thread into giant ass exhibit in a gallery, maybe some side event at one of the convention. Just an Idea it would be great. Maybe then people would grasp more the idea of games as art or maybe even better games as a medium to perform or create art.

...I mean is kinda making this thread in real life. So that normal folks can see in an actual gallery that games are really art.

Both these threads have at times amazing screenshots that look better than a lot of real artwork so that what I mean.

I wish someone would make a real art exhibit from images coming from threads like t.hese

NBtoaster

My attempt at being "artsy" (or an execuse to try and replicate that press drawing where the guy is standing over a rockey valley). uGridsToLoad on 11, 8xsparse grid supersampling and using the ufo camera. I had to stop after 2 because my cpu begain to overheat lol.

tesv2011-11-1902-17-5bo3ep.png

tesv2011-11-1902-22-3kg5ma.png

Her feet are in the rock in the last one :(

Ahhh man I jump into the thread hoping to grab some Skyrim Octagon shots for my wallpaper and apparently flickr and every other hosting service people use is down.

Top Bottom