• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NCAA Men's College BASEBALL Official Thread of June Madness -Back home in Omaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

F Yeah. Hoping to make it down the CWS this year. I only have two weeks to figure out if I am or not. Never been to TD yet. Last time I went was the last year or Rosenblatt, what was that 2 years ago? It's so much fun.

Yeah, I think that was Rosenblatt's last go-round. It's still standing if you want to go get some pictures of it before it becomes the zoo's parking lot.

They also made sure to build a bunch of tourist traps around the new stadium too :p All I know is fucking driving anywhere near there during the CWS. I guess that's one thing I'm happy about, South Omaha doesn't become a driving clusterfuck anymore in June. That's now Downtown's problem.

impirius

Will beating Clemson in the postseason ever get old for Carolina fans? I submit that it will not.

UNC will need a miracle in the bottom of the ninth to survive. St. John's is up 9-5 in the top of the frame and still batting with the bases loaded.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
UNC in big trouble, just walked in the 8th run for St John's in the 9th... only 3 outs to score at least three runs if they can prevent more damage.

omg UNC's pitcher just dropped a pop-fly in the Top of the 9th to end an inning in a bases loaded jam

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
UNC is the first national seed to be eliminated. Huge upset. Shocking. No team besides UNC has ever advanced out of a Chapel Hill regional

TheNatural

My Member!
The Cards about to advance to the 11:00 EST game against Arizona again, eliminating Mizzou from their last official Big 12 sport in their history.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
So excited that we won the regional this year. Now I just hope Dallas Baptist manages to win another game over Baylor, even if it isn't looking too likely tonight. I would love for the super regional to be in Fayetteville.

Huff

Banned
UNC is the first national seed to be eliminated. Huge upset. Shocking. No team besides UNC has ever advanced out of a Chapel Hill regional

Damn didn't know that.

Looks like I'll be heads to gainesville for supers. I'll be the drunk one on tv

Just got back in town. Happy to see App State doing well, and my other/upset pick Samford held their own by willing two games in their region.

All in all a good tourney for the Socon!

Let's go App! :D

impirius

Just got back in town. Happy to see App State doing well, and my other/upset pick Samford held their own by willing two games in their region.

All in all a good tourney for the Socon!

Let's go App! :D
I wouldn't mind seeing the Mountaineers back in Columbia. The game earlier this year was a good one.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Mountaineers back in Columbia. The game earlier this year was a good one.

I watched that game. It was incredibly close. I hope that this years success gives the App baseball team a little home support on campus. I rarely see good crowds at the games. probably doesn't help that their field is on top of a rather long/steep hill. :)

impirius

@aaronfitt: What a year for Northern baseball. Kent State, St. John's, Oregon in SRs. Stony Brook, Creighton, Oregon State in reg. finals, still alive.

I wonder what Jim Delany thinks about this development.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I wonder what Jim Delany thinks about this development.

I can't believe purdue's coach used his presser to talk about fall baseball.

Slightly nervous michigan is going to scoop strickland from Kent State. he's a killer coach. was on my short list for Nebraska

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Oklahoma eliminates Brian O'Conner's Virginia 5-4. Will play Appalachian State in final tomorrow (double header if necessary)

Knew I didn't want UCF to end up having to face Stony Brook again. Their offense is off the charts. Oh well, another game Monday at 7. Hopefully UCF can get their pitching under control.

Or just out offense them at least to advance.

TheNatural

My Member!
Welp the Ville destroyed by Arizona - twice. Good season for the Cards though, only three seniors, will learn a lot from this for next year.

Zona should handle ST John's easy in the Super's I would think, since Louisville and SJU were on par in the BEAST. Zona has a ridiculously good offensive team I think they're going to go far, if not win the whole thing.

TheNatural

My Member!
Maybe the craziest hit to run differential I've ever seen. Yeah Zona is outhitting us 14-10, but they're up 16-1. Just freaking nuts.

impirius

Today's schedule! (All times ET)

4:00 PM: Oklahoma vs. Appalachian State
7:00 PM: NC State vs. Vanderbilt
7:00 PM: UCF vs. Stony Brook
7:30 PM: Baylor vs. Dallas Baptist
7:35 PM: Ole Miss vs. TCU
8:00 PM: Oklahoma vs. Appalachian State (if Oklahoma wins at 4)

Maybe the craziest hit to run differential I've ever seen. Yeah Zona is outhitting us 14-10, but they're up 16-1. Just freaking nuts.
O_O

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Today's schedule! (All times ET)

4:00 PM: Oklahoma vs. Appalachian State
7:00 PM: NC State vs. Vanderbilt
7:00 PM: UCF vs. Stony Brook
7:30 PM: Baylor vs. Dallas Baptist
7:35 PM: Ole Miss vs. TCU
8:00 PM: Oklahoma vs. Appalachian State (if Oklahoma wins at 4)

O_O

why did all the ESPN regionals wrap up yesterday? :-(

At least ALL of the Super Regionals are covered

impirius

The field is set!

NC State at
Florida

Oklahoma at
South Carolina

Kent State at
Oregon

Arkansas at
Baylor

TCU at
UCLA

Stony Brook at
LSU

St. John's at
Arizona

Stanford at
Florida State

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Super Regionals (ALL BEST OF THREE):

Saturday-Monday (aka, teams that start on Day 2 of CWS)

Gainesville Super Regional - ESPNU

1. NC State
at
1. Florida (#1 national seed)

Game 1 Sat 2pm
Game 2 Sun 1pm
Game 3 Mon 1pm

---------------- above super winner plays below super winner at CWS

Columbia Super Regional ESPNU (Game 3 ESPN2)

2. Oklahoma
at
1. South Carolina (#8 National Seed)

Game 1 Sat 8pm
Game 2 Sun 8pm
Game 3 Mon 7pm

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Eugene Super Regional - ESPNU

3. Kent State
at
1. Oregon (#5 National Seed)

Game 1 Sat 11pm
Game 2 Sun 10pm
Game 3 Mon 7pm

Waco Super Regional - ESPNU (Game 3 on ESPN2)

2. Arkansas
at
1. Baylor (#4 National Seed)

Game 1 Sat 5pm
Game 2 Sun 4pm
Game 3 Mon 4pm

---------Teams above this line cannot meet teams below this line until CWS Final-------------

Friday-Sunday (aka, teams that start on Day 1 of CWS)

Tallahassee Super Regional - ESPN2HD

1. Stanford
at
1. Florida State (#3 National Seed)

Game 1 Friday 7pm
Game 2 Saturday 6pm
Game 3 Sunday 7pm

Tuscon Super Regional - ESPN2

3. St John's
at
1. Arizona

Game 1 Fri 3pm
Game 2 Sat 3pm
Game 3 Sun 4pm

--------------------------------------------------------

Baton Rouge Super Regional - ESPN2HD

4. Stony Brook
at
1. LSU (#7 National Seed)

Game 1 Friday 11am
Game 2 Saturday noon
Game 3 Sunday noon

Los Angeles Super Regional ESPN2 (Game 1 on ESPN)

2. TCU
at
1. UCLA (#2 National Seed)

Game 1 Fri - 9pm
Game 2 Sat - 9pm
Game 3 Sun - 10pm

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Updated with the staggered start info for CWS. Baton Rouge, LA, Tallahassee and Tuscon all begin play Friday, and the four winners will open play on Day 1 at the CWS.

Columbia, Eugene, Gainesville and Waco being play on Saturday, and the four winners will open on day 2 of the CWS

impirius

I think a LOT of the national seeds are going to make the CWS.

Every national seed is facing a 2 seed or lower with the exception of Florida, and that team is kind of stacked this year. OU, Stanford, Arkansas, and TCU all have good shots. I especially like Arkansas. They gave up only one run over three regional games, and Baylor has looked vulnerable lately.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Every national seed is facing a 2 seed or lower with the exception of Florida, and that team is kind of stacked this year. OU, Stanford, Arkansas, and TCU all have good shots. I especially like Arkansas. They gave up only one run over three regional games, and Baylor has looked vulnerable lately.

I concur on OU, Stanford and Arky being the three shots to upset and get through. I think Zona takes care of business and gets in as well.

UCLA is too good for TCU. their pitching is dynamite and their hitting is solid this year for a change.

Kent State might be able to do something because Oregon can't hit that well, but we'll see.

Regardless, I think we'll see at least 4 if not 5 national seeds in Omaha. The series all look to set up pretty well for them

Dosia

Horrible scheduling our games at noon on Friday and Saturday. Unfort. I have to work both days, but its going to be 106+ out at those hours. Oh well, advantage us. Go Cats!

Gonna be a good game- win or lose, Stony Brook has done a great job. Hopefully, the baseball program continues to grow just like our football/basketball and lacrosse teams have done. Surprisingly, Stony Brook has one of the most successful overall athletic programs in the Northeast.

UCF tried to rally in the end but it wasn't enough. They jumped out to an early lead, then SB just put on a hitting/scoring clinic again.

SB gets their 1st super regional appearance, UCF is still searching... after yet again failing to win that third game after winning the first two.

MrCWS83

Where in NY is Stony Brook located?
I'm sitting good in my bracket pool but I wouldn't mind seeing Kent State and Stony Brook messing it up and making it here to Omaha

I expect to catch some grief for saying this but I must say if the CWS wasn't in my hometown I wouldn't give a damn about college baseball. It's extremely boring and equivalent to Single A ball at best

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Where in NY is Stony Brook located?
I'm sitting good in my bracket pool but I wouldn't mind seeing Kent State and Stony Brook messing it up and making it here to Omaha

I expect to catch some grief for saying this but I must say if the CWS wasn't in my hometown I would give a damn about college baseball. It's extremely boring and equivalent to Single A ball at best

:-O :-O :-O :-O

MrCWS83

Comparing college baseball to any form of minor league baseball is unjust to professional baseball. I'd like to change my previous comparison to the likes of independent ball. Only thing going for college baseball for me personally are the guys who did get picked in the 40 rounds of draft

MrCWS83

I picked 10 of the remaining 16 teams and have 5 teams still alive for the CWS.
Florida, South Carolina, LSU, Florida St, and Arkansas are my remaining CWS picks. I picked LSU to beat Florida for the national championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom