• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

cyclone87

3 Wickets to Clarke, wow.

On another note channel 9 is pissing me off with the ads, any time there is a spare moment they go to one.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
:lol was funny earlier, camera man was zooming in on some chicks tits with a bikini on, they cut to his camera seen what he was looking at and went off to another one :lol

Coming good at the moment, chase should be interesting. :D

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
speedpop said:
Channel 9 giving Brisbane viewers 1pm-3:30pm and that's it.

What a fucking joke - what about those of us who have to work, you slimey fucks?
I take it back. Place is sold out so they're showing the whole match tonight.

Fuck yeah!

cyclone87

Analog Bandit said:
I don't even follow cricket, if I do it's only for the shit that goes outside of it.

And unfortunately there's been far to much of that, I think Australia and India are just sick of each other, they've been playing for many months now.

I find it interesting because if India does become the super power it hopes to be, this is the shit that the rest of the world can expect. Add stuff like Dr. Hanneef, fears of Indian outsourcing, nuclear power and it becomes a metaphor for the larger relationship between India and Australia and for that matter the world.

If i had only listened to the commentators and not watched the game i would of thought Tendulkar had played shit house.

It's gonna be an awesome run chase. I reckon Australia's really gonna go after sreesanth.

Pachael

Analog Bandit said:
I find it interesting because if India does become the super power it hopes to be, this is the shit that the rest of the world can expect. Add stuff like Dr. Hanneef, fears of Indian outsourcing, nuclear power and it becomes a metaphor for the larger relationship between India and Australia and for that matter the world.

Ohohohoho. That's the least of it, isn't it. The tide is turning! India to whip everybody else in cricket and everything else soon! (Sans China, but they don't play cric'et.)

cyclone87

Right so 259 is the target and I gotta admit I'm not confident for Australia, if they have another batting collapse then it will be all over in no time.

master15

Fantastic fight back by Australia in the last 10 overs. India really buggled what could and should have been easily a 27-280 plus total. Partly due to Tendulkar suddenly stalling his innings.

Clarke really had no business picking up 3 wickets, but was supported beautifully but Bracken and Hope in the end. Stupid, stupid mistake by Pointing bringing Lee to complete his final 10 with Hope bowling beautifully, and those 2 overs went for plenty. Ugh, really dumb captaincy there.

Oh and fantastic fielding by Australia bar one or two glitches. Their out-fielding was really good stuff.

It's going to be a difficult chase no doubt, I think a lot of the success rests on how our top three start. I hope Hayden/Gilly watched how India successfully saw out the first 10 overs then looked to attack. Play yourself in and you've got a chance to put a big innings.

Big chase ahead...

AAK

Australia isn't the best team in the world for no reason, I think they can pull a win.... But at the same time, the momentum and morale of India is unparallel.

It's all up to the Australia's openers to pave a clear road for the middle order batsmen.

master15

AAK said:
Australia isn't the best team in the world for no reason, I think they can pull a win.... But at the same time, the momentum and morale of India is unparallel.

It's all up to the Australia's openers to pave a clear road for the middle order batsmen.

And yet the top order again bats without an ounce of intelligence. Kumar picks up Pointing and Gilly AGAIN.

Dumb fucking cricket.

cyclone87 said:
I think risks are something they don't have to worry about taking now.

Well now their in a situation where they just have to keep their spinners going. India have left themselves with few options during this period of the game.

lol just as i was typing this they got a wicket.

cyclone87

Pachael said:
Exactly. The idea is to get the top order out - heck risk. So are we calling it already?

I called it days ago before the first final :p

Hussey is the last hope for Australia, once he's gone it will be the final nail into the coffin.

What just happened? I didn't think the video ref could be used for that? I think they made the right decision but honestly that should never of happened.

Yagharek

jey_16 said:
Game over for Australia....the top order is really out of form

Yup. The tail end has carried the side all summer, barring one or two occasions. The batting is well out of form. Probably a good time to revive Australia A and get some new players for the next 3 world cup wins :D

cyclone87

What an amazing game! India really are an incredible team now, I'd probably rank them as the current best in the world. A valiant effort by James Hopes also, he has never scored that high so he did fantastic.

legend166

Damn, that sucks. Good close game though.

Well deserved victory by India. Wish these Indian fans would shut up whilst Ponting is speaking.

But yeah, they really outplayed us in these two finals. Good bowling by them, horrible batting by us. Tendulkar was the difference it seems.

I wonder if India will be able to continue to grow this team though, or if the management will screw it up. They've definately got a whole lot of depth. About 5-6 really solid pacemen.

Sharma
Pathan (surely he was injured though, got carted a bit)
Kumar
Sreeshanth
RP Singh
Zaheer Khan

Gonna have some selection headaches, I think, but that's a good thing.

Australia on the other hand, are in some need of some new blood I think. The thing is, there's a lack of youth in state sides, because it's now become something you can make a living off, so you've got guys playing until they're 37-38, making it harder for young guys to crack into the side. So basically what used to be 23 is now 28, in terms of the age you will debut for Australia.

Oh well, looking forward to the packed schedule over the next two years :D

Rezbit

cyclone87 said:
With Gilly and Hogg now finished that makes some room, except that Gilly replacement is already 30 :\

Yeah, we have an age problem, for sure. I reckon it's time to get some people in their 20's in the team. With Hoggy, there is a spinner who plays for Tassie, Xavier Doherty, looks to be a tailor-made replacement. A very aggressive and tight one day bowler, reminiscent of Hoggy in his better days. And only 25! Being Tasmanian though, he'll never get a gig :mad:

legend166

I just want to know where the hell all the Warne-style legspinners are. We should be seeing his influence on the bowlers coming through today, but we're getting a whole bunch of Kerry 'O Keefe straight breakers. I can't think of one young legspinner who actually spins the ball.

cyclone87

legend166 said:
I just want to know where the hell all the Warne-style legspinners are. We should be seeing his influence on the bowlers coming through today, but we're getting a whole bunch of Kerry 'O Keefe straight breakers. I can't think of one young legspinner who actually spins the ball.

I believe he's now got a coaching contract with Cricket Australia to help the upcoming young cricketers with their bowling.

jey_16

Banned
legend166 said:
Damn, that sucks. Good close game though.

Well deserved victory by India. Wish these Indian fans would shut up whilst Ponting is speaking.

But yeah, they really outplayed us in these two finals. Good bowling by them, horrible batting by us. Tendulkar was the difference it seems.

I wonder if India will be able to continue to grow this team though, or if the management will screw it up. They've definately got a whole lot of depth. About 5-6 really solid pacemen.

Sharma
Pathan (surely he was injured though, got carted a bit)
Kumar
Sreeshanth
RP Singh
Zaheer Khan

Gonna have some selection headaches, I think, but that's a good thing.

Australia on the other hand, are in some need of some new blood I think. The thing is, there's a lack of youth in state sides, because it's now become something you can make a living off, so you've got guys playing until they're 37-38, making it harder for young guys to crack into the side. So basically what used to be 23 is now 28, in terms of the age you will debut for Australia.

Oh well, looking forward to the packed schedule over the next two years :D

India's bowling attack is extremely good and i dont think that even they can screw it up, they might have a problem with their batting once Tendulkar is gone though

despite Australia's batting lineup failing them in the One Day series, i dont think its something the selectors really have to worry about.....the problem was that Gilchrist was falling way to early followed by an out of form Ponting who was dismissed quickly and Clarke who seemed to follow him on most occasions which left Symonds who most of the time can not handle the responsibility of anchoring an innings

if Ponting and Clarke can get back into form, and Gilchrist is replaced by dare i say it, a less explosive player like Jacques, Hodge, Voges or maybe move Hussey up to open (which is a position he is designed for), the batting problems should be solved

bowling is a concern though, apart from Lee and Bracken....they lack depth, Clark really doesn't seem to work well in a 50 over situation and Johnson lacks consistency. We desperately need a good spinner as well. But maybe to blood some youngsters, the team will have to take some pain

and damn....the Symonds hit on the streaker was awesome :lol

tri_willy

symocharge.jpg

lol @ symo for charging at that streaker...
but damn, what a sorry ending for gilly & hoggy...
damn you ponting!!!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Fucking awesome. Favourite'd that video baby!

Anyway great match. Was taunting the chairman of the club at work about India coming back, telling him that Hussey would choke and Lee can't hit a 6 to save his life under pressure in a non-test match :lol

But I still had the nails in my mouth, chewing away at the 3rd last over. This is what finals cricket should be about. Poor Hopes, he must feel like the weight of the world was on his shoulders in those last few overs.

Great job to India's bowlers and fully deserve raps throughout the series that kept them alive. Harbhajan stood up and took everything like a man tonight, making the dots count in his overs where they needed to.

artist

Banned
Oops I missed one ;)

87988.jpg
87988.jpg

87988.jpg
87988.jpg

What a final! This is how I like the matches regardless of the result. Though the first final had some moments, it wasnt as exciting as this one.

Where is Gruggy? Like I said earlier that I would stick around no matter the outcome of the series or the individual matches. This is cricket, if you cant take the losses in your stride then good luck with the bigger game (life).

Top Bottom