• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

artist

Banned
Choabac said:
Man Grub, you got to tone it down a bit. I'm an Australian as well, but even I'm finding you a bit too much.
You have seen nothing yet, see the other thread where he spiralled things out of control with his trolling (images) ..

As for the troll saying Bracken was twice the bowler, read my post again .. I was talking about Lee hanging in there with the bat. He's the only Aussie who has been giving 110% in EVERY game he plays. If his bowling doesnt click (rarely) then he makes it up with the bat .. and he's no all-rounder too (like Symonds).

Clarke getting robbed .. happens all the time. One decision does not equal Sydney Shame. But then again, reporting to the referee equals boycotting according to Sheila, some weird logic both of you use .. :lol :lol :lol

Today's game is positioned interestingly. As long as it is a tightly contest match I got my money's worth.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Choabac said:
Man Grub, you got to tone it down a bit. I'm an Australian as well, but even I'm finding you a bit too much.

irfan said:
You have seen nothing yet, see the other thread where he spiralled things out of control with his trolling (images) ..

As for the troll saying Bracken was twice the bowler, read my post again .. I was talking about Lee hanging in there with the bat. He's the only Aussie who has been giving 110% in EVERY game he plays. If his bowling doesnt click (rarely) then he makes it up with the bat .. and he's no all-rounder too (like Symonds).

Clarke getting robbed .. happens all the time. One decision does not equal Sydney Shame. But then again, reporting to the referee equals boycotting according to Sheila, some weird logic both of you use .. :lol :lol :lol

Today's game is positioned interestingly. As long as it is a tightly contest match I got my money's worth.

Do you see now?

Grug

Thread has flicked over to a new page but no post there.

I can only imagine it is the ignore function working a treat.

EDIT: Doh, it doesn't work when someone quotes the troll. :lol

Apparently posting a picture of roadkill is out of order but saying that you use another country's flag as toilet paper is all so sporting.

He's so cute, but this thread is doing nicely due to the "Just don't look" principle, may it continue to prosper.

Grug

We really need to get at least 230 from here to give our bowlers a bare minimum to work with.

Hogg will have to bowl the game of his life.

artist

Banned
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:

Do you see now?
1. See the other thread, and see who started it.
2. This is not that thread, no need for the troll to harp his flame-bait AFTER insisting on ignoring ...

edit: Run a ball with get Australia to 229, they should be looking for 250.

master15

Grug said:
We really need to get at least 230 from here to give our bowlers a bare minimum to work with.

Hogg will have to bowl the game of his life.

Yeah I mean with our record on the ground along with this summers bowling performance you would like to back ourselfs but it's going to be tight as hell I think.

Again the key wickets will be Tendulkar up the order and Singh (Even though out of form) and the big wicket for me remains Dhoni. If Australia can get those three out relatively cheap they'll have a real fighting chance.

Hope these two can swing and pick up some cheeky boundaries.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

irfan said:
1. See the other thread, and see who started it.
2. This is not that thread, no need for the troll to harp his flame-bait AFTER insisting on ignoring ...

I seen the other thread and i seen that you made it and i seen that you where a complete asshole in that thread, whats your point.

artist

Banned
I seen the other thread and i seen that you made it and i seen that you where a complete asshole in that thread, whats your point.
Point 2? I was fine in that thread until the high-morality people showed up ..

Lets get back to the game, shall we?

cyclone87

Grug said:
Thread has flicked over to a new page but no post there.

I can only imagine it is the ignore function working a treat.

Wait, there's an ignore feature?

Edit: Wait I found it, wow I can't believe I didn't see that earlier.

Grug

Streaker! :lol

What is the fine for that these days?

I think its 5k for running onto the field, 10k if you make it to the pitch.

master15

Getting heaps of singles, need to open up a bit now, try get some boundaries got a few players in hand so lets see some shots.

Hussey run-out...dreadful stuff.

artist

Banned
I find it funny that the ignore feature is enabled but yet people respond to certain points .. :D

Brilliant throw by Harbhajan and he got Symonds/Hayden. :D Funny that the weed got him :lol His job is done in this match.

Hussey gone.

artist

Banned
MEK Hussey run out 45 (67b 2x4 0x6) SR: 67.16

Mr. Cricket is really struggling these days, too bad the honeymoon's over. :lol

master15

Hatrick of 4's for Lee

Then gone :lol

Rich was saying 225 was a score he would be happy as Captain. If Aus can nudge it up to 240, it's going to be an interesting run-chase to say the least.

Grug

8/239 - not ideal, but I would have taken that if offered when we were 3/25.

Need another brutal performance by our bowling attack.

Great knock by Matthew Hayden. Absolutely marvelous to keep the run rate going steadily when we were under intense pressure.

cyclone87

So the target is 240, not a bad score to be honest because I gave up hope for Australia as soon as Hayden and Symonds were gone. The bowling will need to be tight but if India's line-up fires tonight I think they will still manage to take the game.

master15

240 looks like it will be the score. You would say Symonds and Hayden at one point made things look really easy there at one point but India fought back again well. Massive call to bring in the young man for the finals but he performed well. Loved how India have backed the youth this whole summer, another nod to Dhoni as a very good captain.

Certainly India if they are good enough have the line-up to chase it down. But will Australia's brilliant summer with the ball continue?

Final 1 is shaping up nicely :D

artist

Banned
Harbhajan Singh 10 0 38 2 3.80 (2w)
Piyush Chawla 10 0 33 0 3.30 (2w)
Yuvraj Singh 4 0 18 1 4.50

Take a bow. Same for Hayden.

cyclone87

Some of the wides called have been a bit unreasonable, I hope the umpire takes into consideration that Robin deliberately walks across the wickets all the time.

master15

India doing is far to easy at the moment. Sachin looks solid, which is a worrying sign. First time in the series Lee looked off target.

Need a wicket badly.

Grug

master15 said:
India doing is far to easy at the moment. Sachin looks solid, which is a worrying sign. First time in the series Lee looked off target.

Need a wicket badly.

Yep, openers looking quite settled.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

Was a nice catch, be good to get another look at it though in slow mo ;)

Replay is good, catch is good, wait for the Indian media to cry though.:lol

Grug

Yay, GAF is back up.

Australia pretty much screwed here, Tendulkar is just class tonight.

Look towards game 2 now.

I just read that Australia is guaranteed of holding the No.1 ranking regardless of what happens in the final series. :D

master15

Yeah unless a miracle happens and India completely choke they should get home here, and easily I might add with 7 wickets in hand.

Unfortuntely one of the few games our front liners have failed to strike early (Tendulkar's inside edge early against Bracken could have certainly changed the game). He's batted with a level head and for once stood up in a chase.

Grug

master15 said:
Yeah unless a miracle happens and India completely choke they should get home here, and easily I might add with 7 wickets in hand.

Unfortuntely one of the few games our front liners have failed to strike early (Tendulkar's inside edge early against Bracken could have certainly changed the game). He's batted with a level head and for once stood up in a chase.

Can we just forfeit now and rest our bowlers for Tuesday!

cyclone87

India are just cruising home for a safe victory here, it would take nothing less then an Australian-like collapse for them to lose now.

Grug

cyclone87 said:
India are just cruising home for a safe victory here, it would take nothing less then an Australian-like collapse for them to lose now.

We need a South Africa 1999 World Cup Semi Final type choke here!

I wish players from both teams would look at the way Tendulkar conducts himself on the field.

I also must say i love watching Lee bowl to Tendulkar, it's nice to see some actual sportsmanship once in a while. The matchup between these 2 has been the highlight of the series.

Looking forward to game 2 though should be a great game, will be interesting to see how Australia bounces back. I expect a much stronger performance form the top order.

Grug

Tendulkar has sent a big F*** YOU to the ungrateful media critics back home who have been ripping into him.

Inside Cricket on Foxtel showed some of the stuff that was being written about him, pretty unfair way to treat your champion.

Grug

Congratulations to India.

Australian batsmen and bowlers both underperformed this match. Hope they get their shit together by Tuesday.

cyclone87

Good win to India, I knew Australia's batting wasn't gonna cut it and India is just the better side at the moment I think. Good to see Tendulkar finally managed to put in an innings that we all know him for, took long enough but at least he got there. Ponting... your turn!

Grug said:
Tendulkar has sent a big F*** YOU to the ungrateful media critics back home who have been ripping into him.

Inside Cricket on Foxtel showed some of the stuff that was being written about him, pretty unfair way to treat your champion.

Yeah, I find it strange how some of his fellow country-men can be so negative when it comes to him. This is anecdotal, of course, but there's a feeling amongst these critics that he's currently under-performing and isn't putting the effort in that he used to. I'd just say that he's getting older, and evolved his game to allow for more longevity. In any case, that was a legendary match-winning innings tonight. Well played, sir.

The Australians won't make the next one easy, though.

Top Bottom