• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

cyclone87

Rezbit said:
By the way, it was interesting to see though, after Ponting got out by Sreesanth, he applauded him and gave him a clap. He's usually the biggest chirper!

That's true, good show of sportsmanship on his behalf.

master15

Rezbit said:
By the way, it was interesting to see though, after Ponting got out by Sreesanth, he applauded him and gave him a clap. He's usually the biggest chirper!

87512.jpg

With his 8 overs for for 58 he didn't have much to chip about last night :lol

legend166

Sounded like a good match. I work nights on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, so I can never watch the 2nd innings. Have to listen to them on the radio.

Sharma's got to watch out he doesn't get too big for his boots. He's a great prospect but he's not there yet. Can't count the number of players who've had one good tour only to disapear in 2 years.

artist

Banned
I'm a bit late but I was out on the weekend to attend some events. I followed the game when India was 130-140 before my sleep got the best of me :D I did stay awake till 4:30AM o_O

As for the result, of all the matches so far you could have counted on Australia to get the bonus point .. easily but it didnt happen and yet India got dangerously close to the mammoth total. +1 Gambhir, its his second century knock of the series, no other player has matched that yet. :lol And in this match, Yuvraj, Tendulkar & Sehwag didnt click .. only if India would sort out their batting like Australia did today, then winning the finals isnt an uphill task anymore.

And India is now taking a leaf out of Australia' book and lodged the compliant. Apparently the Australian cricks neither take verbal abuse sportingly nor admit to it when they are caught red handed for it. :lol :lol

Today's game is on with SL in to bat, crucial for both sides, more for SL.

legend166

Terrible batting by Sri Lanka but atleast Kapegudera and Malinga are atleast adding some semblance of respectability. If they manage to bat out the 50 overs they might have a small chance.

master15

India threaten another boycott boy it's become a running jokes with these guys it seems. Also the pannel really need to sort themselves out. Dhoni get's away with wearing illegal gloves yet Sharma is fined 15% of his match fee (For what I consider a provication). What a joke...

Anyway Sri Lanka looked solid dare I say threatning early in their innings but collapsed horrbily, which has been story of the series with them thus far. And India look like their crusing for a comfortable win at this point.

artist

Banned
Reporting incidents where Aussies provoked first is called showing your ugly ass in the mirror, however some people are so delusional that they consider it as boycott. With the same logic, Aussie called for a boycott when Symonds/Harbhajan issue was reported.

Today's game is much too one-sided for me, not watching it. :|

On a side note:

:lol :lol :lol

AAK

It's nice to see youngsters from my country play well in the U-19s...... but why oh why do we suck so much in the internationals.

U-19 Paki team should replace the international team.

artist

Banned
AAK said:
It's nice to see youngsters from my country play well in the U-19s...... but why oh why do we suck so much in the internationals.

U-19 Paki team should replace the international team.
Talent wise Pakistan has the most resources, sadly the infrastructure is the real problem ..

cyclone87

So here's some news:

Brett Lee won the Allan Border Medal, well done and very much deserved.
Brad Hogg announced his retirement from International Cricket.
Matthew Hayden is being charged for speaking the truth (AKA he called Harbhajan an 'obnoxious little weed').

tri_willy

cyclone87 said:
So here's some news:

Brett Lee won the Allan Border Medal, well done and very much deserved.
Brad Hogg announced his retirement from International Cricket.
Matthew Hayden is being charged for speaking the truth (AKA he called Harbhajan an 'obnoxious little weed').

well done to brett lee on a marvelous year with the ball...
congrats to hoggy for a well accomplished one day career
(its a shame he couldnt do much in the tests...)
and hayden getting charged is a bunch of bullshit and every
aussie cricket fan knows this!!! looks like the CA got extra
money bags by the Board of Corruption Clowns in India

artist

Banned
On Hayden getting reprimanded:

85850.jpg

"Scarred for life" :lol :lol :lol

From left to right: Ricky Hypocrite Ponting, Micheal Liar Clarke, Andrew Baby Symonds, Matthew Upset Hayden.

And no I dont believe Harbhajan abused Symonds racially in that incident. Harbhajan complimented Lee on the yorker, Symonds provoked and Harbhajan reiterated. Till date, Symonds himself is unsure of what he heard while that little snitch Clarke was caught red handed lying out of his guts by the judge Hansen.

Australian cricks should focus on the cricket rather than carrying a personal grudges and getting reprimanded ..

cyclone87

lol that was awesome, it certainly didn't sound like he was "whining and that too on radio", more like he was joking around and having fun. He was definitely serious about the Harbhajan comment though.... because it's true :D

artist

Banned
You dont have a mirror? :D

Aussie cricks cant claim the high ground of focussing on cricket and not on controversies when they themselves have stirred the pot and on many occasions, just like Hayden did. Hopefully CA lays down some smack like they did on Hayden so they know shut up and focus on cricket.

As for Hayden's comment about Harbhajan being true, the same could be said of Hayden that many teams dont think of him in high regard either, all these are opinions. However you cant wiggle out of things like hard facts where that Clarke was caught lying..:lol

Today's game will be worth watching only if Jayasuriya or Sangakarra click, otherwise it'll be a one sided affair again. :|

Grug

I wonder if we'll rest anyone to stay fresh for the finals as the game has no bearing on the competition.

I guess form is more important at this stage and we should play a full strength squad.

Grug

speedpop said:
Keep the fucking shit out of the gutter irfan. Don't turn this thread into another shitfest.

The lesson from the other thread is that he's just not worth the effort speedpop.

Not much fun arguing with someone who has lost all sense of perspective.

In his desperate attempts for attention, Irfan has become a parody of himself... I glance at his posts for a quick chuckle, but they don't even spark an emotional reaction anymore.

artist

Banned
speedpop said:
Keep the fucking shit out of the gutter irfan. Don't turn this thread into another shitfest.
We're discussing cricket and cricketers here. The other thread turned to shit when Grug started posting trolling pics ..

cyclone87

Grug said:
I wonder if we'll rest anyone to stay fresh for the finals as the game has no bearing on the competition.

I guess form is more important at this stage and we should play a full strength squad.

Gilly commented that todays game was not going to be used as "practice" and that it is serious for them. Also Johnson is back :D

cyclone87

Lee has been a bit sporadic lately, he's either bowling really well and kicking ass or he's getting hit for 4's and 6's multiple times an over.

Grug

cyclone87 said:
Lee has been a bit sporadic lately, he's either bowling really well and kicking ass or he's gett him for 4's and 6's multiple times an over.

Sometimes you just get a good batsman belting you around. Can't win all the time unfortunately.

But yeah, his line is a little erratic, but he takes wickets.

Grug

The MCG pitch has been a real shit to score on all summer at both domestic and international level. If SL can knock together a halfway decent score, they are in with a chance.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Bump this shit, Bracken 4 for 29, quite incredible, would have been better if not for the few quick 4's.

Aussie's 0/31 close call for Hopes almost LBW.

cyclone87

It's off the TV at the moment for the news so I'm listening to the ABC radio and it sounds like Gilchrist is owning.... and I can't see it :(

tri_willy

killer innings by gilly too
bad he couldnt get a hundred...
pretty much stopped watching
after his innings as clarke n
ponting are playing like shit atm...
now theyre both out!!! go symo!!!

Top Bottom