• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

cyclone87

I'm calling it right now: INDIA WILL BEAT AUSTRALIA IN THE FINALS. :D

Australia's batting just isn't up to scratch and it looks like their bowling has slipped a little in recent games as well.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
lol cant stand to watch, will just look at the mini score card on grandstand, if we get to 200 i will flick it back on, Hogg is doin alright so who knows.

tri_willy

not a bad match in the end...
too bad we didnt get to see it
all the way to the end, but a
good way for jayasuriya to
finish up playing his last odi in
aust. good innings by gilly

so is this our worst middle order collapse of all time? i mean Pointing, Clark, Symond, Hussey and Haddim making a combine of 13 runs. u got to be kiddin me.

cyclone87

They deserved to lose after that middle order collapse, it's happening far too often and something really needs to be done about Australia's batting quality. Just when I thought they were gonna pull through after the good batting against India they go and fuck it up big time.

legend166

I think Symonds needs to pull his head in the most out of all the batsman. He's made one score, and that was when he came in with a great platform and a licence to tonk. Atleast Ponting's got that 120 odd.

Too busy thinking about how he's going to spend that 1.3 million, methinks.

In regards to the IPL, am I the only one that thinks that 10% of the player's salaries should have to go back to their respective boards to be put into the development of junior cricketers? I dunno, I just want the IPL to help develop the game more worldwide, rather than stuff the pockets of a select few. It'd help a lot of countries, especially Sri Lanka, who are basically broke.

artist

Banned
I guess some people like to prove me wrong ..

87741.jpg

Good win for SL and a blistering knock from Gilchrist. I expected Jayasuriya to fire and Australia to win, but Gilchrist fired and SL won. :D +1 to Lee as usual for hanging in there, without a doubt he's the only Aussie giving 110% in every match in this series.

In regards to the IPL spending bonanza, frankly I dont think many expected it to be so crazy, this when IPL was being drafted by the boards collectively. That would have been a good idea. Still think Symonds, Ishant & Harbhajan were paid a lot more than they deserved.

Grug

Grug said:
The MCG pitch has been a real shit to score on all summer at both domestic and international level. If SL can knock together a halfway decent score, they are in with a chance.

Told ya! :D

Went our drinking right after it finished so couldn't post here but a spirited win by Sri Lanka. Good on em.

Out bowlers nearly saved us again (with the bat this time) but it wasn't to be. Not sure if this loss is nice kick in the pants we need before the finals or just bad timing. All comes down to how we respond.

Finals series should be great. Looking forward to going to game 2 on Tuesday.

As for certain trolls saying that only Lee gave 110%... they obviously didn't watch Bracken's game, he was twice the bowler that Lee was yesterday. Apart from the last two overs when Sri Lanka had license to go hard at everything, Bracken's bowling yesterday was phenonmenal.

That MCG Pitch has made for some unexpected results all year. Sydney is more of a known quantity, and so is Brisbane to a lesser extent (apart from the weather). Sydney will be a belter.

Grug

legend166 said:
I think Symonds needs to pull his head in the most out of all the batsman. He's made one score, and that was when he came in with a great platform and a licence to tonk. Atleast Ponting's got that 120 odd.

Too busy thinking about how he's going to spend that 1.3 million, methinks.

What happened to the other $200k? Spent it already?

In other IPL news, interesting to hear Shane Warne is captain coach of Jaipur. Good on him.

Grug

Yesterday's game was also played in great spirit too.

The guards of honour made for Jayasuriya, Murali and Gilchrist show alot of respect and admiration between these two great sides. Was great to see.

cyclone87

So we're only into the 5th over and Gilchrist and Ponting are gone. I knew Australia's batting wasn't up to scratch, I just can't see them beating India at the moment.

Grug

cyclone87 said:
So we're only into the 5th over and Gilchrist and Ponting are gone. I knew Australia's batting wasn't up to scratch, I just can't see them beating India at the moment.

Today is the day Symonds has to re-stake his claim.

We all know that he is an unstoppable force when given license, but he has to show that he can contribute when the pressure is on.

Lets hope Clark and Hayden gets some runs on the board before he is needed though.

EDIT: Nope, Clarke unfairly given out. Off the pad I reckon.

Grug

Clarke robbed there.

Get the effigies out! Suspend the tour! :lol

Oh hang on we're the blokes in green.

Choabac

Grug said:
Clarke robbed there.

Get the effigies out! Suspend the tour! :lol

Oh hang on we're the blokes in green.

Man Grub, you got to tone it down a bit. I'm an Australian as well, but even I'm finding you a bit too much.

Grug

Choabac said:
Man Grub, you got to tone it down a bit. I'm an Australian as well, but even I'm finding you a bit too much.

You obviously didn't see the other thread then champ. Everything has a context.

Grug

Symonds not hanging about. Just hope he can keep his cool when appropriate.

He has proven he can do this at test level when needed, but seeing that white ball just turns him into a wild animal.

Grug

This isn't the same strip we played on a week ago by the way. It's two pitches over and the surface is a fair bit more volatile apparently.

cyclone87

Choabac said:

As grug said, go back and read the other thread (particularly irfan's posts) and you know where it's coming from.

Grug

cyclone87 said:
As grug said, go back and read the other thread (particularly irfan's posts) and you know where it's coming from.

Yeah, I can see where he got the impression from, but a read of the older thread would reveal that my comment was made with lashings of irony and irreverence.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
OK THEN :lol

Anyways, nice partnership developing, lets hope they can stay in, both are looking good, no silly shots or silly running, we still got a few more to come as well Hopes and Hogg and the new keeper? cant see atm ABC Grandstands not working so cant see the scorecard :(

Grug

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
OK THEN :lol

Anyways, nice partnership developing, lets hope they can stay in, both are looking good, no silly shots or silly running, we still got a few more to come as well Hopes and Hogg and the new keeper? cant see atm ABC Grandstands not working so cant see the scorecard :(

Hayden and Hussey in at the moment.

Hopes, Hogg, Lee, Johnson, Bracken to come.

cyclone87

I know Hussey is an excellent batsman but sometimes he just frustrates me, all he ever seems to do is leave it go or block, and on the occasion where he does hit it it's usually a single.

cyclone87

I really wish I knew why they were treating these spinners like they're bowling hand grenades. Just hit the fucken ball.

Grug

cyclone87 said:
I really wish I knew why they were treating these spinners like they're bowling hand grenades. Just hit the fucken ball.

I'm happy for them to just take careful singles until the 42nd over.

master15

Symonds rash shot really let him and the Australian team down as he was soon followed by Hayden. 280 odd was definitely on now I think Australia will struggle to 250 at best.

Man this final is tight...

master15

cyclone87 said:
Pathan hasn't had a good day so far conceeding 33 runs of 3 overs.

Plus some awful, awful mis-fields which is odd since he's been one of the better Indians all around the ground all summer.

Top Bottom