• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

master15

It always cracks me up when the commentary team gets side-tracked! Man awesome performance again by the bowling team thus far. Brett Lee is just a joy to watch this summer and again picked up key wicket up the top.

However Stuart Clarke showed his excellent variation again. It's a tough toss up between him and Johnson for that final bowling spot (If they continue to play Hope).

India need a miracle at this stage....come on Aussie :D

Grug

Just don't look folks, just don't look.

Gotta give credit to the groundskeeper at the SCG, its a great one-day strip he's got going, compared to the clusterf**k of a pitch that was served up at the MCG.

Grug

master15 said:
It always cracks me up when the commentary team gets side-tracked!

Remember Tony Greig's mail-order bride slip-up? :lol

ABC Grandstand Radio are great for inane banter as well, especially during test matches.

I loved listening to the combination of Jonathan Agnew and Kerry O'Keefe during the 2006 Ashes series. Man they talk some shit. :lol

Grug

We're that far ahead on the points table that the bonus point is irrelevant, but it would be nice to get it anyway. :D

India need nearly 8.7 runs an over from here with 5 wickets remaining. They are up vindaloo creek without a naan bread here.

master15

So looking forward to the final what do you think is Australia's best 11? I can see the batting remain basically the same it's just a case if Hogg will make the cut or will Johnson or dare I say Clarke miss out?

India's done a good job chasing this total so far; it's weird that they can play better with a bigger total though. A psychological thing, I guess.

master15 said:
So looking forward to the final what do you think is Australia's best 11? I can see the batting remain basically the same it's just a case if Hogg will make the cut or will Johnson or dare I say Clarke miss out?

It should stay the same, except for that one bowling position perhaps going to Johnson over Hogg. Stuart Clark should be left in, however, that's just a personal preference.

Grug

Bugger me this is intense! No matter who wins this, it will be the match of the series so far.

No more no-balls Binga!

Grug

THATS IT!

Brett Lee seals the match with his fifth wicket.

What a stonker of a match.

Who is celebrating now Sharma? :lol

master15

Grug said:
THATS IT!

Brett Lee seals the match with his fifth wicket.

What a stonker of a match.

Yup you could be forgiven for thinking at 4/51 it was all over red rover but credit for India hanging in there and actually showing some fight and resolve. But in the end Australia simply were too good and had too many runs on the board to play with.

Certainly a highlight packed game which gives a glimmer of hope for Sri Lanka but going to this match looks like India are playing a lot better cricket than them.

Another game, another Australian victory. Even more dangerous for India is the likes of Symonds, Pointing and Hayden finding some runs.

cyclone87

What an amazing game, who'd have thought India could come back they way they did without the likes of Tendulkar and Sehwag (I'd say Yuvraj but I've always considered him hopeless). Something things to note:

Run Outs - Holy shit there were so many opportunities o_O

Brad Hogg - Get out, you are hopeless and give away too many runs.

Brett Lee- Enough with the no ball-free hit shots :lol

Harbhajan - Fuck off crybaby, don't fuckin play if you can't hack losing you bad tempered sore loser.

That's all I can think of now. What a close game that was.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Yeah, there was some bad bowling, probly wouldnt straight out drop Hogg, he's a half decent batter as well so that elevates him a bit, he was costly but everyone was costly in this game :lol

And yeah if we hit the wickets when we needed to we would have finished MUCH earlier, poor ol Simo, seemed like he could only hit em when we didnt need him to.

cyclone87 said:
What an amazing game who'd have thought India could come back they way they did without the likes of Tendulkar and Sehwag (I'd say Yuvraj but I've always considered him hopeless).

Agreed. Although, I find it strange that you consider Yuvraj hopeless. Perhaps he isn't going so well on recent form, but he's a quality player and he's already shown a glimmer of that in this tournament.

cyclone87 said:
Brad Hogg - Get out, you are hopeless and give away too many runs.

Harbhajan - Fuck off crybaby, don't fuckin play if you can't hack losing you bad tempered sore loser.

That's a bit harsh, they both played really well today, and Hogg really delivered at some key moments. I'd still cut him from the team when its finals time, though.

Overall, great match. This is ODI cricket at its finest.

cyclone87

Tim the Wiz said:
Agreed. Although, I find it strange that you consider Yuvraj hopeless. Perhaps he isn't going so well on recent form, but he's a quality player and he's already shown a glimmer of that in this tournament.

All I ever hear about Yuvraj is that he's a big hitter and an excellent batter so therefore I've followed him a little as I love watching good batting, and apart from some isolated good performances he fails nearly every time, I'm yet to see him consistently play well.

That's a bit harsh, they both played really well today, and Hogg really delivered at some key moments. I'd still cut him from the team when its finals time, though.

Overall, great match. This is ODI cricket at its finest.

Maybe it was a little harsh, I was just pissed off that Hogg got so many overs and just threw the runs away while some of the other bowlers who were doing well didn't get as big of a chance. I mean what I said about Harbhajan though.

tri_willy

who would have thought the game turned out to be quite
entertaining towards the end.

australia finally cracked 300+ runs this series while haydos,
punter & roy delivered today. as for the bowlers, lee somehow
ended up with a 5 for :)lol ) while the rest did their part...
also a dishonourable mention to hussey for getting hopes n lee
ran out :)lol )

thanks to gambhir & uthappa, the run chase made the match
worth watching... india may have to consider resting tendulkar
and maybe rohit sharma as they have been on a bad patch as
of late. dhoni needs to return to the form that made him such
a dangerous batman, his slow innings may have cost india
the game...

Rezbit

cyclone87 said:
I mean what I said about Harbhajan though.

Haha, I don't mind some of the aggression shown by the Indian players. The Sharma/Symonds incident was pretty interesting, I like having a bit of niggle there! One day I would love to see a brawl on the cricket pitch, does that make me sadistic? :lol

By the way, it was interesting to see though, after Ponting got out by Sreesanth, he applauded him and gave him a clap. He's usually the biggest chirper!

Top Bottom