• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Next Rainbow Six: Patriots Leaked

LQX

Hope they put come tactics back into it. I was a part of a clan that played the hell out of Raven Shield and was like in the top 5 on TeamWarfare ladders.

I also hope there are coop rescue and take down missions. Great fun rescuing hostages. Such a shame UBI gave up on a genre they had locked.

Frillen

Loved the two Vegas games, but hopefully they'll go for a more realistic style with this one. Not that I have high hopes for that, consider the Call of Duty era we're now.

Angry Fork

The Xtortionist said:
Greatness, that's what.
f0w8r7.gif

1KMkb.gif

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I hope they hold a beta for this one. I need to know about all the stuff they'll fuck with before finally leaving Vegas 2.

Ubisoft doesn't have a good track record with these things, always trying to "fix" what ain't broke.

Orayn

The Xtortionist said:
That shit never worked for me on realistic. But still, there's nothing preventing you from being a total ninja.
People are insulted by there being options other than being a total ninja. I don't really blame them, I guess...

That bugs me. Just play the game the way you want. Like in Batman, I'm sure someone could easily get through a predator room by using the disruptor and traps but I prefer to go with takedowns only without being seen. If I get seen, I restart from checkpoint. But there's no hard feelings towards those who choose to be more aggressive about it.

edit - and people say they want less linearity in games, goddamn

I just want a xbla remake of RS3+Black Arrow

classic mp+terrorist hunt, permanately on my HDD, easy to jump in and out, with HD graphics but classic gameplay

Philll

Banned
I sure hope it's action packed and cinematic, and you know what? They BETTER remove micromanagement of the AI. IT'S NOT REALISTIC if they make us press all those complicated buttons! They're elite soldiers after all, just let them do their thing so I can sit back 90% of the time and come out of my coma only when needed!

I hope the characters in game are more modern and relevant to the 10 - 15 year old age bracket too. If I don't hear "dawg" or the overuse of profanity in the first 10 seconds I'm gonna shit.

Definitely needs some sort of god mo... um, like Detective mode / eagle eye / instinct mode / sonar vision type stuff too, y'know? I'm so sick of walking up to a bad guy and he fucking shoots me. I mean, wtf? That's not modern game design, that's PC elitist shit. Trial and error? Pfft. Games are supposed to be fun, and "fun" (which isn't subjective at all) only has one meaning - to be dumb, easy, immature brainless crap. That's it. If you enjoy tactical simulations in any way then you must hate games.

Now, can we get a live action trailer pumping out some dub step please?

Dead Man

Dipswitch said:
I thought Vegas 1 struck a good compromise between the old and new R6 games and I throught it was pretty decent. Vegas 2 fixed some of the squad limitations from the first game, but the game as a whole was complete dogshit.

So I'm on the fence about this new one. Generally, when you hear the words "gritty" come out of an Ubisoft PR release, it's time to put the wallet away.
Yeah, that's how I feel too. I actually really enjoyed the mechanics of Vegas 1+2, but the story was ridiculous, and I still want a proper tactical game.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Haha, holy shit, are you for real? What kind of cheap-ass rainbow would that be?

It's because of many different flag colors, not many colored people :p

My rainbow is made of white, brown and black.

Top Bottom