• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NHL season is almost here

Status
Not open for further replies.
BANNERS!!!!!!!!!!!

mMylg.jpg

mMylg.jpg

mMylg.jpg

mMylg.jpg

CLEARY!!!!!!

rGfTjYe.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT - ^^^^^ Ya see what I mean?

Sigh... Reading the Red Wings section is just depressing cause it's true.

Who else is looking forward to another 60 point season from the Oilers!? I know I am.

But yeah, another year of failure, defeat and broken promises from this team. I'm too jaded to care at this point. At least cowtown will be with us in failure.

Yes I know I'll be changing my tune if the hockey gods decide to shine on us

Osorio

Somehow the devils forward corps got older

I think we have 15 forwards signed for this season as precaution for the inevitable

Who else is looking forward to another 60 point season from the Oilers!? I know I am.

But yeah another year of failure, defeat and broken promises from this team. I'm too jaded to care at this point. At least cowtown will be with us in failure.

MacT made a lot of solid moves this year. We still aren't a playoff team but the size upgrade alone should make us more competitive. But then, this is what I say every year....

railGUN

Banned
Regional restrictions haven't been removed sadly. But iirc there are overall more nationally televised games this year so we will get to see more games on TV.

Hmmm... This is what is on NHL.com...

The agreement also guarantees there will be no further regionalization of games or local blackouts. Rogers has three exclusive windows to broadcast any game involving a Canadian team -- Wednesday nights, Saturday nights and Sunday nights. Fans will have the ability to watch any of those games regardless of geographical location within Canada.

Guess I heard the local blackouts talk (although I didn't know they did local blackouts in Canada).

Samyy

But yeah, another year of failure, defeat and broken promises from this team. I'm too jaded to care at this point. At least cowtown will be with us in failure.

Tyler Dellow will take you to the promised land

Yesssir! Very intrigued to see how Trotz uses Alex the Great.

Laich-Backstrom-Ovechkin
Fehr-Kuznetsov-Brouwer
Chimera-Johansson-Ward
Latta-Beagle-Wilson

Orpik-Carlson
Alzner-Niskanen
Orlov-Green

Holtby
Peters

No 2C again, no 1W to play alongside Nicky and Ovi, and Orpik is signed for five more years at $5.5 million.

Kill me.

Still expecting to get a playoff spot.

Spl1nter

Still so long to wait until training camp starts. Leafs training camp is going to be really interesting. The bottom 6 and 2nd line RW are all complete toss ups.

zroid

Banned
Hmmm... This is what is on NHL.com...

Guess I heard the local blackouts talk (although I didn't know they did local blackouts in Canada).

Yeah that stuff is true, but I think it's a bit misleading since (a) Rogers will still have some regionally restricted games, and (b) TSN will have some games, all of which are regionally restricted.

Its going to be rough if we do. I like Neal being gone but I wish we had a decent vet like Guerin again for the playoffs. The team collapses/gets frustrated too easily.

Which is why we have a shiny new coaching staff. Bylsma's inability to keep this team level-headed is well documented, let's see how the new guy does. He's implementing a completely new system as well so this team is going to look quite different.

Other things to look forward to:

- A totally rebuilt bottom six. We had one of the worst in the league last year so it can only improve. Sutter was one of our better players near the end of the season and in the playoffs and finally giving him some good, consistent linemates could help him improve even further.

- The defense is exciting. Orpik being gone immediately improves it and we'll get to see Ehrhoff, Maatta's second year and Pouliot's premiere. I'm also betting on Letang having a bounce back year. I don't know how it will look in our own end (especially with Johnston's new system) but it should be one of the more offensively skilled blue lines in the league.

- We never have to see Tanner Glass turn over the puck and spend an entire minute in our zone trying to block shots again. Craig Adams, our other possession black hole, is still on the roster but I really doubt he makes it.

RC

Banned
Our team is full of bums, it's true,

I got nothing but disappointment to look forward to.

Cyan

Banned
Thank you for that summary I feel I have a much better understanding of the game of hockey now.

Yeah that stuff is true, but I think it's a bit misleading since (a) Rogers will still have some regionally restricted games, and (b) TSN will have some games, all of which are regionally restricted.

Last season the number of blackouts of good, nationally televised games was ridiculous here in Canada, even though no Canadian teams were involved in many cases. Rogers hinted they might make more games available after the signed the deal, so today since I saw somewhere Rogers finally announced what they are doing I looked up the new TOS. From the FAQ found here http://www.rogers.com/web/support/nhl/gamecenter-live/1

7. How do regional blackouts of games affect my experience?
Most English-language NHL regular and post-season games are available on Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™. However, there are certain regular season games that are subject to certain blackouts, which we are unable to stream.

Certain games, certain blackouts? Wow, thanks for the info Rogers, that tells me nothing. If the number of blackouts is on par with last year I doubt I will sub this year. I'm also a Sens fan in Alberta and they mention nothing about how streaming will work for those games that are handled by TSN. Does TSN have full/partial streaming rights for those games?

I don't know how the CRTC allows them to hide details like this from potential customers, they are clearly trying their best to obfuscate what games you can and can't watch on Game Center.

All aboard that Dallas Stars hype train!

Your Captain Jamie Benn
4sNk1u8.png

His first line center Tyler Seguin
Wd4AAB2.png

His buddy on the right Val Nichushkin
3tAsf9j.png

The second line center Jason Spezza
7gxmHW0.png

The second line right hand man Ales Hemsky
a6V64OI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.