• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NHL season is almost here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Islanders are going to have a genuinely good team for the first time in a long time so I'm going on the bandwagon now

They'll make the Eastern Conference finals!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Don Quick must be sad we sent Good Ontario Kid Mike Kostka down to the minors.

But we do have Good Canadian Kid Tony Duclair instead! Kid plays the right way. No showboatin' even though he looks like one of them Subbans.

Celegus

I don't know what hockey is without Martin Brodeur.

This will be the first time I've ever watched the New Jersey Devils without Martin Brodeur as a member of the team.

I've been watching hockey since 1993-94.

I'm not emotionally ready for this.

Oh man what?! It finally happened? That's crazy, though I guess it was only a matter of time. I really didn't keep up with the summer at all.

FLEABttn

Banned
I will met you there just to punch you. Please send photo of yourself.

8458982.jpg

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
How the heck did I miss this. I love it! I'm gonna read this whenever I need a pick me up :)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

But we do have Good Canadian Kid Tony Duclair instead! Kid plays the right way. No showboatin' even though he looks like one of them Subbans.

One is from Ontario, he's a GOOD OL ONTARIO KID

The other one is from Quebec, which means visor-wearing pansies and he's...also...you know...doesn't play the right way.

ShaneB

Will be great to have regular season hockey to watch in between the football Regular season, but then I'll pay more attention when Football is done. Go Caps!

How did I miss this wonderful thread? Don Quick never disappoints. The season can't come soon enough. MacKinnon is going to tear up the league. Go Avs!

Quick

Banned

MIKE KOSTKA FROM TORONTO, ONTARIO, EH. IT'S REAL SAD HE'S DOWN AT THE MINORS, BUT Y'KNOW, I AIN'T GONNA COMPLAIN. GUYS LIKE HIM ARE CHARACTER GUYS, EH. I GUESS THE RANGERS DON'T LIKE CHARACTER.

Don what are your thoughts on the Johnny Boychuk trade?

ISLES GOT TOUGHER, EH. JOHNNY BOYCHUK'S GONNA BE JOININ' A BUNCH OF OTHER GOOD ONTARIO KIDS ON THAT TEAM, EH. IT'S GONNA BE A BEAUT WATCHIN' 'EM SHOW COMMIES HOW TO PLAY THE RIGHT WAY, EH.

We signed Tootoo today

What should I expect?

Y'KNOW, I LIKE TOOTOO. HE AIN'T A SPINELESS RAT AN' HE DEFINITELY AIN'T A COMMIE.

EXPECT GOOD CANADIAN KIDS.

I'm not expecting much from Don Quick's Team Ontario this year, but good things grow ...

NOW LISTEN HERE, TAKAO. YA GOTTA BELIEVE, EH. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE, YOU'RE PROBABLY A COMMIE, EH.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Will the Habs go all the way this year?
I expect Tampa Bay, New York Islanders, and the Colorado Avalanche to surprise this season.

Montreal will lose in the Quarter Finals after PK Subban eats too much Foie Gras on his date with Genie Bouchard and let's one rip right in the face of Carey Price during practice causing him to end up on LTIR.

Leafs will start strong to get all our hopes up, trade our 1st to the Red Wings for Dan Cleary to boost out Relative Clearsi, miss the playoffs on the last game of the season, extend Carlyle another 3 years, and have the Red Wings win the lottery with our pick and get McDavid.

I've been Kesseling almost all year now.

How do I spread the gospel?
Praise be!

This may sound like a stupid fucking question but how does one get into following Hockey?

I want to broaden my horizons. Also I don't have cable.

Quick

Banned
This may sound like a stupid fucking question but how does one get into following Hockey?

I want to broaden my horizons. Also I don't have cable.

Pick a team. Easiest is probably either your hometown team or one that's geographically close.

Watch them on NBC or CBC, depending on your country of residence.

And just keep track, really.

Stats and the rules will make more sense as you keep watching, and NHL-GAF is always happy to answer questions, on top of dishing salt.

Pick a team. Easiest is probably either your hometown team or one that's geographically close.

Watch them on NBC or CBC, depending on your country of residence.

And just keep track, really.

Stats and the rules will make more sense as you keep watching, and NHL-GAF is always happy to answer questions, on top of dishing salt.

My hometown is Toronto. Is there an alternate to watching on television?

Quick

Banned
The road to Kesselvation is sweet and flaky with a hole in the middle.

The Gospel, according to Burkie, states that Kessel also likes a nice cream-filled pastry.

Can I be your disciple, tell me how to Kessel

To Kessel Is To Umm, Alright, Okay, You Know?

My hometown is Toronto. Is there an alternate to watching on television?

Not sure how it's going to be right now with the new NHL broadcast deal in Canada, but CBC had a stream of their games on their website from before.

There's also officially jumping onto NHL GameCentre, or HockeyStreams, which is what a lot of guys in NHL-GAF are subscribed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom