• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nintendo GameCube Appreciation and Collecting Thread.

Timu

Got one of my 1st Gamecube games back(Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2) for 3 bucks CIB and I wonder how was this at 60FPS at launch!!! This shot was in progressive scan as well.

i85YPHxAkl7NA.PNG

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
A buddy of mine had one of these, and I helped him move it once. It is HEAVY. They say 200lbs, it may as well be 2000 lbs. There's no good way to move the damned thing.

I'd probably go with one of these unless stairs are involved.

PIZK6hk.jpg

Would probably bite on the TV too if you can try it out and make sure everything is good.

I've got buddies who are both built and we have those dollies/handtrucks whatever you call them that you posted a pic of. I'll certainly take your advice guys!

So I'm legit going to bring my wii/component cables and 2 GC controllers and play 1 Project M match before I hand this guy the money. jajaja

PopeReal

Found these at a yard sale. 10 games total. Girl wanted $30 for all, I got them for $20.

All in good condition (Punchout! for Wii is brand new and sealed). Most have instruction books. I will ditch the Sims ones at some point but the rest are keepers for me!

007_zpsed036824.jpg

010_zpsba9f4a43.jpg

Slermy

Found these at a yard sale. 10 games total. Girl wanted $30 for all, I got them for $20.

All in good condition (Punchout! for Wii is brand new and sealed). Most have instruction books. I will ditch the Sims ones at some point but the rest are keepers for me!

007_zpsed036824.jpg

010_zpsba9f4a43.jpg

That is a great haul! Hope you have some GBAs and link cables!

Peagles

Just playing my new NTSC platinum cube on the plasma, after using CRTs for so long I forgot how good it actually looks via component cables on modern TV!

Also, Chibi Robo, my god. I'm in love!

IrishNinja

after a friend literally found the case & manual/inserts in the trash a few months back, i can't believe it took some effort to find just a loose copy of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for less than $20. I am so quietly grateful to be done with the GC scene, it's like part of my pissiness is having supported it from Day 1, watching it bomb/end up a punchline to many, and going back to fill in the gaps 10 years later and seeing the bubble take them to stupid places.

case in point: i defended Luigi's Mansion as a fun (but admittedly short!) launch title for years. BIN's have it at $30 - granted, auctions end at far less, but watch this one shoot up after literally zero fucks were given for over a decade.
i mean...SSMB? you have any idea how many copies of that were printed, even before the reprint?

Yeah. Dave played it, said it was awful, and said he was keeping it in his collection anyway.

Bad heart.

agreed, hated that bit

I did not play Chibi Robo for long, but what little I played of it I did not like, which is why I stopped playing it so soon. Doesn't seem very good at all.

how much time did you give it? you & dave might've both short-changed it; considering how forgiving you are of mediocre-at-best N64 titles you should be all over this charming outing

Chibi Robo is what the Japanese call kusoge

janai

after a friend literally found the case & manual/inserts in the trash a few months back, i can't believe it took some effort to find just a loose copy of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for less than $20. I am so quietly grateful to be done with the GC scene, it's like part of my pissiness is having supported it from Day 1, watching it bomb/end up a punchline to many, and going back to fill in the gaps 10 years later and seeing the bubble take them to stupid places.

case in point: i defended Luigi's Mansion as a fun (but admittedly short!) launch title for years. BIN's have it at $30 - granted, auctions end at far less, but watch this one shoot up after literally zero fucks were given for over a decade.
i mean...SSMB? you have any idea how many copies of that were printed, even before the reprint?
Luigi's Manion was never cheap, and I was never willing to pay what stores wanted for it, so I waited until I found a (complete) copy for $3 back in 2011. It was good that I waited, because I don't like that game very much (I got Rogue Leader at launch, not Luigi's Mansion!)... but yeah, GC prices are not low. Unlike some systems, though, like the NES or SNES, GC prices never WERE low! I guess that in the mid '00s prices did go down, but only for third-party stuff; first-party Nintendo games, and some major third-party titles, have always been expensive. This is why that despite that the GC was the only 6th-gen TV console I owned between 2001 and mid 2007, I have more games for the PS2 and Xbox than I do the GC; those have more games, and have many more cheap games too. GC games just aren't cheap. It's kind of annoying. I wouldn't be surprised if prices are getting higher, now; Gamestop doesn't carry GC anymore, which can't help, and it's Nintendo so there is nostalgia and Nintendo-fan demand.

how much time did you give it? you & dave might've both short-changed it; considering how forgiving you are of mediocre-at-best N64 titles you should be all over this charming outing
If a game isn't fun to play, how long should you give it?

IrishNinja

i guess i'd ask if you made it past the tutorial, is all

were GC prices nearly this bad before, though? i mostly picked stuff up at garage sales/etc where most titles were nearly throaway prices (not quite N64 cheap, but still cheap). now even common stuff is spiking, and god forbid you want something like FE Path of Radiance lately.

Borman

This is something Ive had for about 8 years, thought some of you might like to see (been a while since i posted about it I think...)
cEMZagD.jpg

alf717

This is something Ive had for about 8 years, thought some of you might like to see (been a while since i posted about it I think...)
cEMZagD.jpg

That is really neat. Did you take that with you to get it signed or did you buy it that way?

Top Bottom