• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nostalgia Critic |OT| He Remembers It So You Don't Have To

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg, that film is freakin' 15 years old now. & the only thing I really remember about it is the fact it was a Nickelodeon movie.

Camjo-Z

all I remember about that movie is a commercial for it where the kid pulls down some other dude's pants while time is stopped and drives away

probably for the best

Oh man, this should be interesting!

Never did watch the movie, though one thing I remember as well is when the protagonist wrapping a guy's nose ring around a bike parking rack, essentially trapping the guy.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
They should do a Tamara has seen show, would be way less hassle then counting every movie she has not seen.
Sometimes I wonder if she was ever watches anything.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
They should do a Tamara has seen show, would be way less hassle then counting every movie she has not seen.
Sometimes I wonder if she was ever watches anything.
But literally everyone does a "I've seen this" show. This is better because she gives her first impressions immediately instead of relying on nostalgia. It's nice to see a fresh perspective of something that's been out for a while.

Well, who wouldn't be fans of the wonderful band that gave us a Micheal Jackson cover and...and...that song about movies?

...did Todd in the Shadows do an ep about them?
Yes.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I actually met the director of that movie.
He was an alum at my high school and every couple years they held this event where a multitude of artists come and give lectures.
Looking at his filmography, he's basically one of the Nostalgia Critic's arch enemies. The original Flintstones movie, Jingle All the Way, Christmas Story 2, and possible future reviews like Beethoven and Snow Dogs.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I thought Jingle All The Way, Beethoven (people hated that film?) and Snow Dogs are guilty pleasures.

tomtom94

I'm assuming the reason we're getting a lot of "old school", mostly skit-less reviews is because Doug is concentrating his efforts on Suicide Squad at the moment. Not that I necessarily mind (unless it's a sign he's not enjoying it any more) but just something I've noticed.

Just watched The Flinstones in Viva Rock Vegas episode. Fun stuff! Always good to see the NC tackle an older film again. I especially like the "fart joke gag". The first Flintstones wasn't very good, but the sequel is great example of how much had changed in terms of how effects were handled between the film. The first film uses entirely practicals, while Viva Rock Vegas relies more on CGI, with some good "real" sets nonetheless. most of which is early 2000's CGI, so it looks very outdated.

Also the first Flintstones film was actually a hit, and there were plans to make a sequel almost immediately. Viva Rock Vegas got made because the original cast turned down a sequel & Universal still wanted a follow-up, basically.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
A whole 6 years later.
About the same time as the prequel to Dumb and Dumber.

2000 sounds about right for when Hollywood decided everything needed a shitty prequel or sequel starring a whole new cast as either younger versions of the original characters or a totally new younger cast of totally new characters rehashing the same shit.

Well, 2000 and every other year before and after it.

BatDan

Holy shit, I'm watching his Dreamcatcher movie review and I cannot believe this movie exists LOL

King wrote the original book after his car accident, so he was high on oxycontin. It shows.
It also shows that every King book won't work as a movie.

I'm surprised Indiana Jones and the emperors tomb isn't on Steam.

Wrong thread?

That NC Riff was good! So hope for more.

And really enjoyed the SS review. Loved the recurring joke of Rob saying "I'm a dinosaur" throughout.

To think the film turned out to be a complete mess; I give my praise to Will Smith and Margot Robbie's acting, but that's the only praise as far as I will go.

Though I kind of wish people would quit insisting that DC is to blame, rather than WB, on the quality of the first 3 DCEU films. Though will see if Geoff Johns direct involvement manages to be a saving grace, starting with Wonder Woman.

I doubt it though. No trailer has impressed me one bit.

Believe it or not (I never did watch when this happened), but when SS won the Oscar for best make-up and hairstyling, apparently the scenes they used for the reel were mostly the Harley and Enchantress ones. And hardly any acknowledgment of the (admittedly great) makeup for Killer Croc.

And of course, there is actually a film that was released before that did SS correctly!

Batman-assault-on-arkham-2014.jpg

MechaX

It's a new riff that was meant to be shown before the Suicide Review when it premiered at a theater in Chicago.

Speaking of...

NC: Suicide Squad

And it was only at this point in my life, after that Leto skit, where I first thought to myself "... huh. Why would the Joker mail people used condoms instead of laughing bombs anyway?"

BatDan

Suicide Squad felt like a really mediocre video game to me.
I'm on the "it really sucked" side.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
And it was only at this point in my life, after that Leto skit, where I first thought to myself "... huh. Why would the Joker mail people used condoms instead of laughing bombs anyway?"

I will never forget how people defended this.
"He is a method actor. He does stuff like this." Cool.

Top Bottom