• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The odor 1886 $19.99 bomba

Hmm...why the hell not, I'll buy. It's kinda fun to play games where half likes the game and half dislikes the game. Kind of like ZombiU.

nded

Seriously, what happened? I missed the Order completely. Last thing I heard about it was that they were planning on having black bars ingame, and people were defending it using the 'cinematic' buzzword.

Black bars are the least of this game's problems. At least The Order used a proper FOV for that aspect ratio, rather than just pasting black bars on top of a 16:9 scene like The Evil Within.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
GCU with $5.00 reward. Got it for $12.41. Too lazy to pick it up at store, have it free shipping instead.

emrober5

I got the game for $60 and enjoyed it. Easy platinum, good story and the best visuals outh there.

If you don't own it, $20 is a great deal.

JPS Kai

Fastest platinum on my account, but you know what? I enjoyed it more than most any other shooter over the past couple years. Kudos to Ready-at-Dawn for doing alright with their first console title.

antitrop

Play the game on hard if you want a good challenge.

The Last of Us on Normal is more difficult than The Order on Hard, and it even includes several difficulty levels after that. Just to compare two recent "cinematic" third-person shooters.

The Order is actually one of the easiest shooters I've ever played in my entire life.

reKon

Banned
I sort of want to play this just to get an idea of who's being truthful in terms how good or bad the game is. I would probably bite at $10.

Third person shooters should have good weaponry gunplay and this seems to at least have that. If the voice acting and dialogue is able to beat Gears of War, that's already another plus for me.

Nizz

Damn, just got this about a month ago (if that) for $39.99. For $20 I would say yeah, pick this game up. It has it's issues, definitely not technical ones but I didn't feel the game was a disaster as some were claiming it to be.

Was really excited for this one and despite its issues it still looks like I'd enjoy it, but decided not for $60 and cancelled my preorder a few months back.

Picked it up for $16 today and am looking forward to it after Arkham Knight.

Artex

Banned
The Last of Us on Normal is more difficult than The Order on Hard, and it even includes several difficulty levels after that. Just to compare two recent "cinematic" third-person shooters.

The Order is actually one of the easiest shooters I've ever played in my entire life.
The Order has a couple segments that are pretty fucking tough on the hardest difficulty.
One area that stands out in my memory is when
you are getting out of the burning warehouse. So cool how the fire spreads too.
gorgeous game.

Even if you buy it only for the eye-popping presentation, its worth it. Love it or hate it RAD put some serious work into knocking socks off with the vistas and details and craftsmanship behind their alternate history London and its characters.

This has been what I wanted to do. But Red Box in my areas still don't have PS4/X1/or WiiU games. Such a pain.
Yeah oddly enough we have like 10 Red Box dispensers within 10 miles of my house and only one offers PS4 games, and even dumber, their stock is just crap. The Order is actually the only game I was remotely interested in...

d9b

Banned
I enjoyed it. Some complaints were valid but most of the hate it received was pure vitriol.
P.S. It's also the best looking game at the moment on any platform.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Bought. I have a backlog, but I'll bite for that price. Maybe I'll find it short and flawed like others, but I was interested, and I'll support an original IP.

sense

Opinions? I personally can't justify buying a game just to look at. The gameplay is horribly paced and completely dull. The gunplay is actually good, but the design of the firefights is horrendous. The story is as by the numbers as it comes, and the characters are lifeless and boring. Its a bad game. If you enjoyed it I will not fault you or anybody else, so I simply can't understand why people are faulted for not liking the game. This seems to be the case with any Sony exclusive lately.

did you really need to add this?

when you have drive by shit comments like the following

I remember people trying to convince themselves, and even worse, others, that the Order is a good game. Disgusting.

you should be able to understand that someone who had enjoyed the game despite its obvious flaws would feel the need to defend it. the animosity people have towards this game is just on another level and it was evident even before the game was released.

you can't play the victim card for not liking the game when the other side is abused as well for liking the game. like you said "opinions" it happens for every game so no need to point out "sony exclusives". Playstation in general is more popular around the world so of course it is going to generate more debate.

QuikNez

I would not go near this game, I think there are better deals for games that are actually fun to play and engaging... But anything for the right price and to the right tastes I suppose.

Why so much hate on The Order? Yes, the game is very short and has too many cutscenes but damn.. it's not THAT bad! The game is very beautiful!

Top Bottom