• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The odor 1886 $19.99 bomba

Arnie7

Banned
Still the best looking console game ever made so far (and dare I say PC).

The-Order_-1886_20150213184222-675x380-600x337.jpg

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I really loved the game, well worth it at this price.

you should be able to understand that someone who had enjoyed the game despite its obvious flaws would feel the need to defend it. the animosity people have towards this game is just on another level and it was evident even before the game was released.

you can't play the victim card for not liking the game when the other side is abused as well for liking the game. like you said "opinions" it happens for every game so no need to point out "sony exclusives". Playstation in general is more popular around the world so of course it is going to generate more debate.
Actually Steam is the most popular. Especially in Europe.

OT: I think OP wins for best title of the month. I can smell the sale from here.

Crzy1

Got it and have played it for about an hour (guess that's like 10 minutes of actual playing). Not bad so far, but not amazing either. Can't fault the graphics at all, though, it looks fantastic. Wish more console games would use multisampling, I know it's expensive, but damn it makes the image look so much cleaner.

It would be the same price as BBY with GCU + shipping. Shipping effectively kills the GCU discount is what I was getting at.
Here's how to get free shipping at Best Buy. Best Buy offers free shipping on orders of $35 and up. Order what you want and then add an item that brings your total to $35. Set that item to in store pick up and never pick it up. They'll ship your item for free and then by not picking it up they will cancel it and you won't have to do anything.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Did people hate on Tomb Raider for "LOL CINEMATIC" when it came out? Sure, it had more depth (filler) than The Order, but I just replayed it most of the way through and it felt very similarly paced. Dick around for a minute, then cutscene. Lather, rinse, repeat.

To me, it just felt a bit more padded out than The Order did. And not necessarily in a good way. I enjoyed both games to an extent.

Did people hate on Tomb Raider for "LOL CINEMATIC" when it came out? Sure, it had more depth (filler) than The Order, but I just replayed it most of the way through and it felt very similarly paced. Dick around for a minute, then cutscene. Lather, rinse, repeat.

To me, it just felt a bit more padded out than The Order did. And not necessarily in a good way. I enjoyed both games to an extent.

are you really saying Tomb raider was similar to the order?

seriously? LMFAO

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

lol@ this

wolfhowwl

Banned
The recommended price of admission to the Metropolitan Museum of Art is $25.

If anything the price of The Order here is more than fair.

I finished this game in a weekend and i really have a hard time saying you should buy it for $20.

I guess if you feel like you can flip it after you get the platinum for $10 it's probably worth it.

Looking around the super detailed environments is the best part. The actual game and story is abysmal.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Of course I'm going to get the "I paid full price for it and it was worth every penny!" posts. Don't be delusional. If the game came out during a non drought, no one would bother with it.

The way people shilled for the game is disgusting. Not the fact that you liked it.

dan2026

The Order would look good if it wasnt horribly letterboxed.

Its easier to create flash graphics when you crop off half the screen.

Game4life

Banned

TR was fairly similar yes and it sucked just like the Order. Although TR is not as bad as Order when it comes to player agency but yeah it is at the bottom of the barrel mostly. Look at that E3 demo and see the reactions people mostly had for that game. It is not selectively applied to the Order.

Just dropping in to say that the (intentional?) misspelling in the thread title has given me a chuckle pretty much every time I've scrolled through the front page topics today. odor... lol.

That said, $19.99 is about where I'd place this game's value proposition. I bought it at launch and expressed my disappointment in the OT, but if I'd have waited and picked it up now I'd probably be more forgiving. There's a catch 22 there, since had the game offered more replayability it probably wouldn't have hit this bargain bin price point so fast.

Be warned, if you're considering picking up the game now, that this one feels like it solely exists to kick off a franchise. You'll end up feeling like there's a lot of potential here that could be realized in the sequel it so desperately tries to set up, then you remember that there's never going to be a sequel.

For that price you can get Wolfenstein the Old Blood

If you must insist on playing the Order, just watch a Lets play at 1080p. You'll get the same level of interactivity.

Reebot

Order defenders are accidentally the best comedians on GAF.

Thank goodness a terrible game can still provide hours of related entertainment.

I got it for $12 from a friend.
I wouldn't bite unless it's that or less.

It's a good/decent CG action film with interactive bits.

I like it but, let's be honest here.

antitrop

You'll end up feeling like there's a lot of potential here that could be realized in the sequel it so desperately tries to set up, then you remember that there's never going to be a sequel.

I wish I could just post open spoilers as massive warnings. The story of this game is as satisfying as playing the first episode of a TellTale game and then stopping there.

There's no complete narrative arc. It's half of an arc and stops at the Rising Action.

That
*gunshot* fade to black
might as well have been a fucking Whoopee cushion sound effect.

That all aside from what's even there for a story just being merely "okay, for a video game". Shit, what a mess. Characters are cardboard cutouts with no personalities, outside of thin stereotypes, IMPORTANT, EXTREMELY IMPORTANT plot points are introduced and dismissed summarily for the rest of the entire game within just minutes from them even being introduced, as if they were completely meaningless.

Meaningless is the name of this game, ultimately.

Phreak47

$6 for the two days I needed it from Redbox is the correct price, not this travesty of an "offer". Good day to you, sir.

antitrop

Only one game I think "looks" better.. and that's Batman AK.

Agreed. Arkham Knight owns the console visual throne... while being presented in full 16:9 and being an open-world game to boot.

Its cinematic presentation is additionally flawless and easily trumps The Order in that regard. The cutscene direction in that game is infinitely more exciting than... The Boreder. (Only half sorry)

Top Bottom