• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Aladuf said:
I did these kind of recently, you have to look around for "Create Event" (It's in there when you press right on the d-pad) and all of the event types will be there. As for the mugshot with the camera, you're out of luck. I don't have a camera either so I'm without it.

Also, I need the trophy for an 8 person meet up in the Wildcats Stadium if any of you guys on here still need it. I'd go into a random match but that seems hopeless. If anybody wants to try and get 8 people together for it, just post here I guess. I'm so close to that Platinum. :D
If you still need this, I do as well. I will be home today at 4:30 Pacific so if anyone wants to get into an 8-player game for the trophy that would be great. PSN is allegate.

Aladuf

Banned
h3ro said:
I'm back in the States... and I'm ready to get my Burnout on. Let's rock.

I literally just got back from the airport and the first thing I checked was GAF... what does this all mean?
Tonight, let's get 8 people for this.

also, it means you're doing it right

Philanthropist said:
Same here. Whoever wants to get or contribute to that trophy, just make a room and post your PSN ID here so that we know what room to join. And kick out anyone who doesn't seem to want to get in the stadium.
Sounds good, just post your PSN ID or you can just add me. PSN ID: Aladuf23

bune duggy said:
If you still need this, I do as well. I will be home today at 4:30 Pacific so if anyone wants to get into an 8-player game for the trophy that would be great. PSN is allegate.
First off, I had no clue you were allegate! I had you on my friends list forever ago when Burnout came out but eventually I had no clue who it was when I saw the name so months later you were part of my friends list clean off. :lol

And I do still need it, and I'll definitely add you back since I know who you are this time. :p

I guess what we can all try to do tonight is get together around 8-9 pm EST if that's fine and if we don't have 8 GAFers then we can open the room up to randoms and hopefully we can trick them into doing an 8 person challenge and meet up at the stadium
and then once that's done, kick their asses out and have some good ol' GAF times at the airport.
:D

that's understandable. It was probably around the same time I got a job and my playing time was cut from 5-6 hours a day to 2-3 hours a week. :(

I'll be on in a bit, just need to catch up on some other threads first.

Aladuf

Banned
I sent you a FR before but I don't think tonight will be our night. h3ro hasn't been on here in a few hours and my guess is that many people haven't seen the thread lately. Maybe we should give tomorrow or some other night a shot when more people know we're doing it.

tomorrow around the same time will work as well. I got 4 more trophies while playing though. I also found out that I'm only at 12% in the PSN version of the game. I need to get back to this game but I need to beat R&C Future and Uncharted as well. Damn this gaming backlog.

h3ro

Returners said:
i heard it does. :lol

Yep, the 360 Vision camera works fine, I got my Platinum today because of it... (the Mugshot Trophy was the only one I was missing).

Sorry Aladuf, I played for a little bit and then played the first fifteen minutes of Prince of Persia before passing out from jet lag. (17 hour flights are no joke people)...

Aladuf, did you get rid of your 360? Also, you weren't kidding, PoP is awesome so far! Absolutely gorgeous!

crispyben

Barso said:
When boes BP ultimate arrive for 360?
I am looking to buy because BP oldie will hopefully come down in price.
Feb. 3, but I guess it will replace the previous versions, which won't go much lower than the $30 it already stands at... Special occasions notwithstanding.

r4z4

I've just sent out a FR to a few people who posted their PSN ID on this page. If someone wants to arrange a meet up in Paradise City then just gimme a shout in this thread and I'll be there =)

Aladuf

Banned
h3ro said:
Yep, the 360 Vision camera works fine, I got my Platinum today because of it... (the Mugshot Trophy was the only one I was missing).

Sorry Aladuf, I played for a little bit and then played the first fifteen minutes of Prince of Persia before passing out from jet lag. (17 hour flights are no joke people)...

Aladuf, did you get rid of your 360? Also, you weren't kidding, PoP is awesome so far! Absolutely gorgeous!
I noticed you got your Platinum yesterday, it always kinda drove me crazy to see that all you needed for the Plat. was just some little ass Bronze trophy like that.

Don't worry about last night, it seems like plenty of people noticed and we're all down for some tonight if you're in.

And yeah, I sold my Xbox a few weeks back because I just couldn't take Gears 2 anymore, it was the only reason I still had the Xbox. PoP is awesome, I'm about to replay it soon. I also love how we always have these OT spoilered conversations in threads now.
:lol

Philanthropist said:
Wildcats Baseball Stadium meet trophy tonight? Whoever hosts it, please post here :D
I'll host the room, we need to figure out a time that's good for the folks overseas and we can all get together for a little while.

Aladuf

Banned
Philanthropist said:
Let's just post a countdown instead of setting a time, as we could all live in different countries. Let's meet in 5 hours at Aladuf23! Or similar.
Whatever works, usually I have the PS3 on all the time so I'll see when more people are signing on and go ahead and host a Freeburn room.

The rest of the Legendary Cars pack

Boostin’ makes me feel good!
First up the Manhattan Spirit. Not the fastest car in Paradise City, but this reimagining of Burnout Paradise’s Hunter Manhattan should keep the spirits at bay.

Fans of the original will know that this underused beauty is great for stunts. This customized special version is even better, but like all the Legendary Cars, this has a trick up its sleeve – hit L3 and boost to find out what it does.

21ce55c.jpg

This car does not exist
This is the Carson Nighthawk. Denied by the government and disowned by Carson, this ultra rare version of the Carson GT is the ultimate super pursuit vehicle!

The custom lighting array triggered by boost makes this the most distinctive-looking vehicle for night time events in the dangerous world of Paradise City.

245hjs1.jpg

One for the good ole boys
And finally, the Cavalry Bootlegger. Branded with the Mexican flag and tagged as a tribute to The Chicanator, one of our big-time Mexican Burnout fans, this is a classic modified Hunter Cavalry.

Hit a massive jump and press L3 to sound the incredible horn – it’s one of the defining moments in Paradise City.

Also available in orange.

2ch47kk.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...-legendary-cars-pack-remaining-cars-unveiled/

Aladuf

Banned
Those cars.. <3

As for tonight, I've added the people that have sent me friend requests today, I'll be back on later to host the room and anyone who's ready to play can join and once we have 8, we'll go for the trophy.

Then finally, I'll have my Burnout Platinum. :D

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Haunted said:
Ultimate Box comes out next month - I'm pretty stoked. It's still listed as "February" afaik, hope we get a precise day/date soon.
Oh shit, between Ultimate Box, Killzone 2, Street Fighter IV, House of the Dead Overkill... my wallet's going to be assraped, for the lack of a better term. :-(

Aladuf said:
I noticed you got your Platinum yesterday, it always kinda drove me crazy to see that all you needed for the Plat. was just some little ass Bronze trophy like that.

Don't worry about last night, it seems like plenty of people noticed and we're all down for some tonight if you're in.

And yeah, I sold my Xbox a few weeks back because I just couldn't take Gears 2 anymore, it was the only reason I still had the Xbox. PoP is awesome, I'm about to replay it soon. I also love how we always have these OT spoilered conversations in threads now.
:lol

I'll host the room, we need to figure out a time that's good for the folks overseas and we can all get together for a little while.

I'm interested for the meetup tonight as well; GMT-8 here (Vancouver, BC, Canada). :D
PSN: Leshita

crispyben

Day 1. Oh, and Jansen 88 Special has a Stunt Class boost, Hunter Manhattan Spirit has Agression, Carson GT Nighthawk has Speed and Hunter Cavalry Bootlegger has Stunt. :D

EDIT: where's the reveal on the in-game store they had teased? I know, I should be happy with the cars, but still :p

Yay Platinum! :D Thank you, Aladuf and GAF.

If anyone wants to join Aladuf's room, do it now (if they'll keep playing). I left my place available for you.

Aladuf

Banned
Got my Platinum too, I think that means at least 3 people got their Platinum while in that room. :lol

I had to leave Burnout sooner than I thought but I'll always be back on it so anybody can still add me or whatever and once we have 8 people we can do the challenge for anyone who needs it.

Vashu

I KNEW IT!!! I was correct on all three other cars when their names were first touted, now where's my prize Criterion! :D Can't wait to give these babies a spin, but first I'll have to get back into the game and get all the remaining trophies.

damn appointment took an hour longer than expected and I missed everything! Not that I would have been here anyway as it happened at 2 locally and I don't usually get off work until 3 anyway.

I'm going online right now if there are any people who want to give it a go. I should be online for at least 2 hours from right...now.

Aladuf

Banned
I forgot to post in here before, I had a little glitch earlier today in Burnout when I was driving around the city with one of my friends/
currently banned
GAFfer (birdman).

I was driving around and then he came and crashed into my back and then all of a sudden my van came to a complete halt in the middle of the road and eventually after he sat there just boosting into my van it got pushed up over a random truck in the traffic. So the van just sat there floating and it turns out that it considered me drifting the whole time so I ended up having about 20,000 yards of drifting (even though in the end it didn't count it :p) After about 5 minutes I got unstuck after pressing start and sitting there for about 2 minutes before the menu popped up and all went back to normal.

Here's a couple of pix he took after I asked him to capture the moment. :lol

Here he is just hanging out under my van:

P7170082.jpg

A view of me just floating around:

P7170084.jpg

Flunkie

Banned
Aladuf said:
I forgot to post in here before, I had a little glitch earlier today in Burnout when I was driving around the city with one of my friends/
currently banned
GAFfer (birdman).

I was driving around and then he came and crashed into my back and then all of a sudden my van came to a complete halt in the middle of the road and eventually after he sat there just boosting into my van it got pushed up over a random truck in the traffic. So the van just sat there floating and it turns out that it considered me drifting the whole time so I ended up having about 20,000 yards of drifting (even though in the end it didn't count it :p) After about 5 minutes I got unstuck after pressing start and sitting there for about 2 minutes before the menu popped up and all went back to normal.

Here's a couple of pix he took after I asked him to capture the moment. :lol

Here he is just hanging out under my van:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/bigmax51/P7170082.jpg[/IMG

A view of me just floating around:

[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/bigmax51/P7170084.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]Haha, that's awesome. I can't wait for the stunt car in the DLC. It's supposedly having some sort of special stunt ability. Hope it's jumping, a la Crackdown in the SUV.

Kritz

Banned
Bought it today while shopping around. While I'm not usually a fan of racing games, the demo was really fun and while playing Saint's Row 2 I started wishing that I had a game where I could drive fast AND have a stable framerate while doing so.

I'm coming into the game with no real expectations, and with a pretty big gaming drought for the next few months. Should be good.

Aladuf

Banned
Flunkie said:
Haha, that's awesome. I can't wait for the stunt car in the DLC. It's supposedly having some sort of special stunt ability. Hope it's jumping, a la Crackdown in the SUV.
Oh man, that would be epic.

Top Bottom