• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Returners said:
? theres an achievement for that?

hmm, I thought there was, but I just checked and I guess there isn't. What they hell was I trying for :lol

Aladuf

Banned
Dante said:
When is this dropping to 19.99 on PSN?
Within the next 2 PSN Store updates I'd have to assume. I think they said that the price drop will go along with the Party Pack which comes out the 6th. It'll probably happen in 2 weeks right with the pack since to me, it makes more sense for what they're trying to go for.

I'm buying the DLC and have been saving my $10 bucks on the PSN to buy this. I love the changes and my only wish is someday they put in a mode where you can have every stop light be a stunt run, road rage, marked man etc.

I'm sure someday. Thanks EA and Criterion. :D

crispyben

Negatronic said:
I don't think the tweak is necessary to the starting cars. For a complete novice to the Burnout style, it was still fairly easy to adapt to. Protip- don't slam headfirst into cement walls!
I thought so too, but those damn casuals must ruin everything :p

Baloonatic said:
I'm considering picking this up on the PC when it comes out in a few weeks as I quite liked the 360 demo. Quick question though, will the PC version have the same amount of content as the console versions and will it receive all the future updates?
Yes :)

Shearie said:
The new way barrel rolls are going to work isn't really making it easier for any of us experienced BP players to land them. There are only positive effects in my eyes from the change since now beginners who usually just didn't know how to auto-land barrel rolls don't have to worry about it anymore and experienced players who don't have any trouble landing barrel rolls anyway get an unnecessary step taken out of the equation.
Very well put.

VictimOfGrief said:
I love the changes and my only wish is someday they put in a mode where you can have every stop light be a stunt run, road rage, marked man etc.
What do you mean? There's already an event at each stop light...

LiquidMetal14 said:
Now what do all the haters who always bring the restart option in have to say now?

They'll never learn to play the game properly and they'll find new things to bitch about. I suspect they'll start in the city and just go block by block restarting events until they win, then complain that the game is repetitive and whine about having to chase down rivals for their cars. "They're just out there in the city somewhere? How am I supposed to find them? This game sucks!"

Anyone wanna help me do some time trials. I have 5 car time challenges, 5 bike challenges, and baseball stadium meetup.

PSN ID longmeat

I'm thisssss close to getting a plat

Has it been confirmed whether or not the Burnout Store is just an in-game storefront and that said content will be available for purchase through the standard PSN store as well?

I could really go without another KonamiID-esque clusterbork.

(Sure it's EA, but I's prefer all of my downloads linked to my PSN account that I know I'm going to be able to re-download from, if the need arises.)

Aladuf

Banned
AnonymousNoob said:
Has it been confirmed whether or not the Burnout Store is just an in-game storefront and that said content will be available for purchase through the standard PSN store as well?

I could really go without another KonamiID-esque clusterbork.

(Sure it's EA, but I's prefer all of my downloads linked to my PSN account that I know I'm going to be able to re-download from, if the need arises.)
They showed it in the latest Crash TV Podcast and it seems to go through the PSN store. There is the whole front of it that is the Burnout store part and then when you go to actually buy something it brought up the screen that you would see if you bought something off of the actual PSN store.

Pimpbaa

We’ve also overhauled the lighting to bring you more vibrant visuals. We wanted to make it easier to see at night and give everything a more vibrant feel with brighter, more saturated Burnout color.

Excellent! I hate the desaturated look in many games today. Especially in racing game where such a look is pointless. Also like the sound of that auto barrel roll. Stunt runs are way harder than any of the other events (unless it's near the airport or quarry), and that is unbalanced.

Kinosen

Neo Member
I've been playing this on PS3 and it's great. There's just so much to do, but I haven't played in very many good online games yet. Add me on PSN, my ID is Kinosen, let me know you're from GAF.

woodchuck said:
does the 360 version have an active community (both on gaf and off)? it seems like everyone here plays the ps3 version
On GAF? Probably not.

There's always tons of people playing online though.

Ashour

I don’t think they’re going to discount the game to $20 on the PSN, I think they only discounted the game at retail to clear the inventory for the Ultimate Box, we may see the Ultimate Box on PSN instead of the original with the same price tag.

Costanza

Banned
Ashour said:
I don’t think they’re going to discount the game to $20 on the PSN, I think they only discounted the game at retail to clear the inventory for the Ultimate Box, we may see the Ultimate Box on PSN instead of the original with the same price tag.
Ultimate Box is only coming out on the PC.

Danielsan

Ordered this game this week from Canada (PS3 version). Should arrive some time next week.
Something tells me I'm going to have to deal with a content overload. :D

Ashour said:

It's been officially confirmed that the PSN version will drop to $20 / 20 €.

DeadGzuz

Banned
My local GS had no info the Ultimate Box, nothing. What is the retail price?

What happened to the new island content, I see nothing about it on the Criterion site.

Ashour said:
Wow, didn't know that. Now no one has an excuse not to buy this game.

No one had an excuse not to buy it before. I don't understand why anyone would wait for the PSN price drop instead of just picking up the retail version for $20 now.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
rainking187 said:
No one had an excuse not to buy it before. I don't understand why anyone would wait for the PSN price drop instead of just picking up the retail version for $20 now.

Convenience.

Flunkie

Banned
rainking187 said:
It's more convenient to boot up and get into. I'm a lot more convinced to start up a game if I don't have to get up and put the disc in. It's not a huge deal, and it would take ten seconds to do, but it's just handy. And I like it.

Plus, you don't have to go out and get off your ass, drive all the way to the store, deal with the stupid employees, trudge through the huge crowds, risk getting your keys locked in the car, having to call the unlocker services, getting hit up by girl scouts and having to buy their cookies while you wait, paying the unlocker when he gets there, and even then you might hit someone in the parking lot and have to pay for the fender bender, then picking up some dinner because you get hungry, spill your egg drop soup all over the inside of your car when carrying out the Chinese you got, then having to drive back all the way home. So much wasted time and money by buying retail.

Digital Download: $20

Retail: $647

icechai

bdizzle said:
Got my 1st plat trophy!!!

Trophy whoring is fun

yeah, and this game's online community is really helpful with all the trophies, had my online ones for plat done within a evening of attempting it :) Just got a few msgs on the XMB about starting a certain type of game to compensate, no biggie

Ashour

Flunkie said:
Plus, you don't have to go out and get off your ass, drive all the way to the store, deal with the stupid employees, trudge through the huge crowds, risk getting your keys locked in the car, having to call the unlocker services, getting hit up by girl scouts and having to buy their cookies while you wait, paying the unlocker when he gets there, and even then you might hit someone in the parking lot and have to pay for the fender bender, then picking up some dinner because you get hungry, spill your egg drop soup all over the inside of your car when carrying out the Chinese you got, then having to drive back all the way home. So much wasted time and money by buying retail.

Digital Download: $20

Retail: $647

Not to mention instead of waisting all the above time getting the game you could've gotten your B licenses :lol .

icechai said:
yeah, and this game's online community is really helpful with all the trophies, had my online ones for plat done within a evening of attempting it :) Just got a few msgs on the XMB about starting a certain type of game to compensate, no biggie

Yeah I know, I made a friend while doing the MP trophies, some cat in the UK. Helped me get the wildcat and some of the time challenges, and I helped him get some of the freeburn challenges. Burnout probably has the best MP community I've seen in a game in a long time.

Does anyone know how to get the trophies for doing parties? I looked on the PS Store for DLC but I didn't see any so I'm not sure where to get them from.

crispyben

bdizzle said:
Does anyone know how to get the trophies for doing parties? I looked on the PS Store for DLC but I didn't see any so I'm not sure where to get them from.
They're related to the Party Pack DLC that's released next week...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
A year later and I am hooked once more.

Surprised how many people are still playing this game online too. I had no troubles jumping right into a constant swell of 8-player freeburn lobbies. Even when I happened on a room with 2-3 people, it maxed out to 8 within minutes. (360 version).

Also kudos to the community, the dozens of strangers I played with were all mature and interested in completing challenges. Doing the 'everyone jump over each other' challenge sounded like a total nightmare initially because I figured at least one of these morons would be an uncooperative douche. Amazingly the experience was the opposite and everyone contributed as expected.

My love for this game grew exponentially and I can't believe it took me a whole year to discover how awesome doing these online challenges can be. In fact I can't stand the racing segments in comparison.

Mar

Brandon F said:
A year later and I am hooked once more.

Surprised how many people are still playing this game online too. I had no troubles jumping right into a constant swell of 8-player freeburn lobbies. Even when I happened on a room with 2-3 people, it maxed out to 8 within minutes. (360 version).

Also kudos to the community, the dozens of strangers I played with were all mature and interested in completing challenges. Doing the 'everyone jump over each other' challenge sounded like a total nightmare initially because I figured at least one of these morons would be an uncooperative douche. Amazingly the experience was the opposite and everyone contributed as expected.

My love for this game grew exponentially and I can't believe it took me a whole year to discover how awesome doing these online challenges can be. In fact I can't stand the racing segments in comparison.

Yeah, the community is large and thriving, and also made up of some pretty nice people. I swear, every time I play my friends list grows. And that's people adding me, not the other way around.

shpankey

not an idiot
Easily one of the best and most mature online audiences I've seen on a console in quite awhile. Funny, you'd think the opposite would be true. But (PSN here) it's a really mature and fun loving community. I still marvel at the online implementation... it quite literally has done something to make it smooth and painless... three presses of the right d-pad and your online in a literally a few seconds. Amazing.

Pojo

Banned
That wildcats trophy is killing me. I guess I need to buy a headset (and an eyetoy).

Speaking of the eyetoy, can you just hook up one of those PS2 eyetoys, or must you buy the PS3 version?

Pojo said:
That wildcats trophy is killing me. I guess I need to buy a headset (and an eyetoy).

Speaking of the eyetoy, can you just hook up one of those PS2 eyetoys, or must you buy the PS3 version?
PS2 Eyetoy works fine. PS Eye looks better though.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pojo said:

I need wildcats one too :/ fuckin sucks! lol :lol

Flunkie

Banned
I got the Wildcats trophy withing one minute of getting online to try. I just joined a game that had 7/8 players and they happened to all be at the stadium doing doughnuts waiting. :)

Mar

Flunkie said:
I got the Wildcats trophy withing one minute of getting online to try. I just joined a game that had 7/8 players and they happened to all be at the stadium doing doughnuts waiting. :)

Yeah I don't fully understand how people are having trouble with this. Every other challenge requires everyone to meet up there or end there. You should get it pretty quick just playing online.

crispyben

The trailer for the Ultimate Box (watch in HD) has two more tantalizing hints... The in-game store shows content represented by a PCPD shield that wasn't there in CrashTV 21, could it be the rumoured Cops & Robbers mode? It also shows the Hawker Mech (part of the Boost Specials DLC pack, revealed through trophies) for the first time!

10rps7a.jpg

Agent X

Mar_ said:
Yeah I don't fully understand how people are having trouble with this. Every other challenge requires everyone to meet up there or end there. You should get it pretty quick just playing online.

You're right, this one really isn't too difficult. It's a bit tougher to earn the trophy for riding 10 miles on a bike in an 8-player game, as you'll frequently see people dropping into and out of the game. You need to get into a game session where all (or at least most) of the players are determined to remain in the game. If they're doing multiplayer challenges, then that's a good sign.

crispyben said:
The trailer for the Ultimate Box (watch in HD) has two more tantalizing hints... The in-game store shows content represented by a PCPD shield that wasn't there in CrashTV 21, could it be the rumoured Cops & Robbers mode? It also shows the Hawker Mech (part of the Boost Specials DLC pack, revealed through trophies) for the first time!

10rps7a.jpg
Awesome.

What's the icon next to the shield (4th from left)?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Bleh. Just started playing bikes mode last night on 360. Lame they didn't add achievements for that mode, yet PS3 has trophies for it. Shame too, bikes are pretty fun and handle well. I guess free content does have a downside.

Also, the PS3 trophies look amazingly easier to earn than the 360 achievements, like a lot of the challenges were dumbed down instead of just copy/pasting them over. Weird.

Top Bottom