• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Demigod Thread

g23

European pre-madonna
How graphically intensive is this game? I mean I can run Dota fine, but is this game a system killer?

P4 2.6
1 gb ram
Radeon 9600xt 128 mb

The game runs on the same engine as SupCom (and runs more or less the same), which would not run well at all on your machine even on lowest settings.

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
Nikorasu said:
I just picked it up. It's...ok. Really chintzy pewter figure and I haven't really listened to the soundtrack yet. There is also a poster. I think overall I might have preferred the regular edition for the dvd case. Collectors just gives you a folding cardboard disc sleeve with some nice art.

Damn really? No case? Shit... Hate it when companies do this... Might still get it for the OST though. ;/

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Teknopathetic said:
"Loving the lack of a tutorial. =( Am I missing it, is there one hidden somewhere?"

No tutorial, but it's not really a difficult game to pick up. That said, there are some videos on the official site where the lead designer pretty much does a "video tutorial." It's the second video on the right.

Thanks for that.

Looking around the forums, found these, some of yall might find them helpful.

Tip of the Weeks (Mixed):

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showforum=2772

The Basics of Demigod (Beta 2D):

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/portals.php?show=page&name=demigod-basics-guide-build-order-tips

An Introduction to Scouting and Stealth (Beta 1):

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/...&name=an-introduction-to-scouting-and-stealth

Beginners Guide to Demigod (Beta 1):

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/portals.php?show=page&name=beginners-guide-to-demigod
Currently playing his on someone else's laptop. Liking it so far, if I can figure how to play properly I might just pick it up.

Seem like a bad time to ask about the online features. Hmm. Hopefully they will get things ironed out soon.

Make sure you guys post up impressions if you do get online.

Nikorasu

AAAhhhh! My retail code isn't registering with impulse. It recognizes it as a demigod key when I put it in but returns a failure message when i hit register.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Having Christopher Lee belting out Unreal Tournament style proclamations is freaking surreal... and awesome.

Alright, just bought this bad boy on impulse. It's my first time using the service, so please add "TouchMyBox" if you wanna play a game in a bit.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
These connection problems are really fucking bad.

The game is awesome though. Its a lot of fun from what I've played and the graphics look a lot better than I was expecting.

JudgeN

Impulse ID: Nightstriker8507

Add me please. It took me 50 minutes to do one match of conquest against the normal AI 1v1. Is that a long time?

Impulse Handle: Chelaz

took ages to sort out the validation as my paypal address is different to the one i signed up to impulse with so you have to use the paypal one. confused the sin outta me but got it working.

so far only played torch bearer and the unclean beast but the torch bearer is def my kinda style :)

f@luS said:
the only email i got is the paypal confirmation
"receipt for stardock's paiement / You just sent 39.95$ USD to stardock"
its a paypal mail, not stardock

did you use the same email on your paypal as the impulse sign up address? that was my problem having two different ones. let me know if this is the case i might be able to help out.

Great, everything was going so well, and now i can't use the impulse community stuff, and my game won't activate. Guess it might have to wait until tomorrow.

By the way, since I didn't do it in a neat format in my last post.

Impulse Handle: TouchMyBox

Nikorasu

I still haven't managed to register my serial key. :|
And I can't really play the game because the retail release seems pretty broken and I can't update. :(

Should've bought DD.

Nikorasu said:
I still haven't managed to register my serial key. :|
And I can't really play the game because the retail release seems pretty broken and I can't update. :(

Should've bought DD.

Nope, I bought DD and am having the same problem, their servers are getting hammered right now or something.

Victrix

*beard*
For some stupid reason you cannot change the default camera keys. Why? I have no idea - everything else is customizable.

This is from a PC dev too, what the hell :|

I've had this payed off since that stardock survey sale last year and completely forgot to ever download and play the beta. Ah well, working on d/ling the full game now, Impulse handle is MaritalWheat if anyone wants to play during the next couple days.

"Is there voice chat built in the game? Can't see a key bind in options for it."

Nein, though apparently neoseeker says it's confirmed to be coming in a patch.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Glad to see it getting good reviews, but that Neoseeker review is one of the worst I've read. Geeze, they should be embarrassed.

jasonng

Still downloading for me as well. I left it since 8 hours ago and it's only on 19%. I'm giving stardock the benefit of the doubt but this is not leaving me a great first impression with impulse.

dionysus

Yaldog
Teknopathetic said:
Probably going to try and start a custom game in an hour, anyone interested?

I am, only been able to do single player games so far though.

Regulus is definitely my favorite so far.

Retro

dionysus said:
That snipe Regulus has is ridiculous.

You know we were complaining about that in the very first build we ever tired? I'd hoped they would have listened.

Does it still shoot through Fog of War?

Retro said:
You know we were complaining about that in the very first build we ever tired? I'd hoped they would have listened.

Does it still shoot through Fog of War?

sure does

i felt like i was cheating when i played regulus

best part is winding up a snipe while someone teleports home.. and it kills them at their base

dionysus

Yaldog
That plant demigod is ridiculous, how many times can you cast that shield with like a 10s cooldown.

Edit. Well, it seems that end game Regulus blows, but early game Regulus is awesome.

Erudite

dionysus said:
That plant demigod is ridiculous, how many times can you cast that shield with like a 10s cooldown.

Edit. Well, it seems that end game Regulus blows, but early game Regulus is awesome.
This :lol

Ahh well, still was a pretty fun match.

It probably didn't help that I didn't realize you could buy equipment from the base until late game. ;(

GG, that game was freaking epic, you guys had us on the ropes for like the entire mid-game. We didn't really have a DPS demigod so Dionysus was able to just keep on us all game.

I think the trick for Regulus is really focusing on lots and lots of +attack speed and just auto attacking the shit out of people, he does a *lot* of damage. Also, getting enough +mana regen to stay in winged mode since that adds a lot of weapon damage.

And Queen of Thorns = <3

2z4crcw.jpg

I think the chokepoint nature of that map made the match super long, but who cares, it was amazing. Performance was a little stuttery, not sure what that was about.

"It probably didn't help that I didn't realize you could buy equipment from the base until late game. ;("

Eh, it was your first time or so playing and they don't really mention it anywhere.

honestly guys I was laughing maniacally the last 3 minutes.

I was fortunate enough to realize that Tre was going support first, and I was just ready to build up slowly. You guys start to rush us and after our forts went down, I was a little bit worried. But Tekno's mad absorb skills bought me enough time to get my guy maxed out and do a serious rush at the end. Bought some items and then it got scary. And once you guys killed me at the citadel, I decided to buy armor.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I have a few questions-

Does your mana regen slower when you're further from your base?

Does having all 3 of your units summoned at once reduce mana regen?

Is there a way to quickly tell what of your three units are still alive other that trying to pick them out in the chaos?

"I have a few questions-

Does your mana regen slower when you're further from your base?

Does having all 3 of your units summoned at once reduce mana regen?

Is there a way to quickly tell what of your three units are still alive other that trying to pick them out in the chaos?"

1) Technically no. There's the health crystal in your base which increases your health and mana regen by a ridiculous amount (healing you completely in a few seconds), but you have to be within proximity of it.

2) No.

3) Sorta, when selected they have a ring underneath them like your demigod has. I'd like to see a bit of improvement on this, but it's something that'd have to be done carefully. Some characters (like Oak or Erebus) get an *absurd* amount of minions, not counting the minions summoned from idols. It would easily clutter up the UI if there was something like special minion health bars or portraits. Maybe a special, different colored outline would work.

Edit: Nikorasu:

http://forums.demigodthegame.com/346472/get;2140775
http://forums.demigodthegame.com/346472/get;2140857

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I forgot all about this game.

So what guys, is this shit badass or what?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Revolutionary said:
I wish there was a demo or something. :(

There is one coming soon.

The more I play, the more I like it. I think this game achieves a crazy sort of Red Alert 2 style of balance, where everything is so overpowered they all kind of cancel each other out. Every Demigod I try is an unstoppable rampaging killing machine. So much fun.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Nikorasu said:
Yeah, I emailed them about 8 hours ago. Just playing SP in the meantime.

Only played a couple SP matches, but it's extremely badass. I've never played DotA before either.

Sweet, will probably pick up soon then. Thanks

poweld

I'm really digging on this game. I played through a few matches in the campaign before I hopped in a quick multi match last night. I played as the evil fairy (can't for the life of me remember her name).
After getting beaten on for most of the match, I finally had my bramble shield and ground spikes upgraded to such high levels that I was basically a powerhouse.
Waltz into the enemy numbers unscathed, upen up my flower, and kill everything within a 20ft radius :)

Hey DaFish, I may be able to get in a match with you tonight if you can play at around 6pm EST- you down?

Top Bottom