• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Demigod Thread

cmmart

This game is fantastic. I played the rook just bashing shit. So fun

If you guys promise to take it easy, I would love to play some time.

impulse: cmmart
steam: cmm72

dionysus

Yaldog
Wait, you can buy armor and stuff too? Do you only have one slot for that?

I only figured out there were potions and teleportations scrolls on the last 3rd of the game.

JudgeN

dionysus said:
Wait, you can buy armor and stuff too? Do you only have one slot for that?

I only figured out there were potions and teleportations scrolls on the last 3rd of the game.

At the item shop window you will see tabs on the left for different armor. Helms,boots,rings, back pieces, and etc. There is also that building that sells super expensive items, needless to say I just figured out about the armor at the item shop last night :lol

blitz64

I was trying to join your 2v2 game last night Tecknopathetic. I was messenging you and other people through the ingame friendslist. Not sure if it worked.
I was late, tried to join for 2 minutes and I think you launched the game. oh well, next time.

Sinatar said:
The more I play, the more I like it. I think this game achieves a crazy sort of Red Alert 2 style of balance, where everything is so overpowered they all kind of cancel each other out. Every Demigod I try is an unstoppable rampaging killing machine. So much fun.

It's sooooo hard to do this online. Leveling your characters are so satisfactory because some take quite some time to make a major impact. Some characters benefit with awesome skills at early levels, but they are offset once characters become stronger.

Dio - that explains A LOT. I kept wondering why you were constantly retreating. But Traced did a great job as the support character too. There was one instance where he was going after a flag, I thought I'd be smart and teleport to our flag and surprise him. We fought and it was a stand still and just when I thought I had the edge, he used his healing potion. Now that sucked for me.

I have a question about how the Activation and lack of DRM works in stardock's games. Can I install impulse and my one copy of Demigod on all the computers in my house, and then I could play the game on a LAN, or will it complain to me?

dionysus

Yaldog
My only complaints so far are that no voice chat prevents strategic play, and the command menu in the options menu doesn't mention what the chat key bindings are. I still don't know.

I thought impulse dev kit came with voice chat so developers just had to plug the module into their game. I remember Brad in some podcast talking about how they weren't going to launch impulse until they had common tools developers could use so all impulse games would have certain functionality.

poweld

DaFish said:
I should be home by 5:35 pm Est... so, yes!
Bawler. Anybody else up for a match at 6 EST?

TouchMyBox said:
I have a question about how the Activation and lack of DRM works in stardock's games. Can I install impulse and my one copy of Demigod on all the computers in my house, and then I could play the game on a LAN, or will it complain to me?
I'd imagine that seeing as the game is DRM-free, there shouldn't be any sort of checking to prevent this.
In the EULA, however, it states that you should own a license for each copy that will be played simultaneously (such as in your case, or if the code is being run from a server on multiple clients).

poweld

JudgeN said:
I should be home by 6 est, i'm up for a match.
One more and we've got a great foursome.
30Rock_main1.jpg

I preordered this game back when it was initially available for order last year, had a lot of fund with the beta, but now the game comes out and I haven't even been home in the last 4 days save to sleep... fuck college finals :(

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Is this game as good as it looks then? I like what I've seen so far... Everyone content with their purchase?
The multiplayer right now is nearly worthless. It just takes way too long for stuff to work.

The gameplay however is magnificent. Once they get the online stuff working the game will be amazing.

Median

Graaaah you bastards are pushing me toward a purchase here. I'll grab it today and hopefully be able to play some games tomorrow.

blitz64

TouchMyBox said:

You can install it on as many computers as you like and play on LAN. Even the developers want you to do this since the game was design to play on LAN with just 1 CD. I'm too lazy to dig up that thread from the official forums

Stardock said that EULA agreement is just a general one copied from Sins or another game. I bought the digital version and have it installed on 3 computers. Since download was so fast even for launch day(20 minutes for 2gb), i downloaded it 3 times.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
TouchMyBox said:
The manual explicitly says you only need one copy for LAN play on as many computers as you like. You don't need the CD to start it or anything even with the retail version.

DaFish

WasabiKing said:
I thought I'd be smart and teleport to our flag and surprise him.

Warning... Incoming noob question.

Who, what and how can I teleport back to the base? Can only some Demigods teleport...?

Holy crap, I just decimated the opposing team in my first online game of 2v2. So epic, so awesome. (Rook's transfer structure ability is way too awesome)

"Warning... Incoming noob question.

Who, what and how can I teleport back to the base? Can only some Demigods teleport...?"

Teleport Scrolls or Warpstone. Teleport Scroll is available in the consumables tab of your item shop.

dionysus

Yaldog
Do you use team gold to buy this equipment? Is it even worth it to spend money on base upgrades? I like the trebuchet upgrade and a few others, but really its a demigod game. What was the consensus in the beta?

"Do you use team gold to buy this equipment? Is it even worth it to spend money on base upgrades? I like the trebuchet upgrade and a few others, but really its a demigod game. What was the consensus in the beta?"

Each player has their own personal stash of gold, no team gold. Base upgrades are important, things like health upgrades, new reinforcements, increased XP gain, etc. Whether it's more important than your own personal equipment varies from game to game.

dionysus

Yaldog
Teknopathetic said:
Each player has their own personal stash of gold, no team gold. Base upgrades are important, things like health upgrades, new reinforcements, increased XP gain, etc. Whether it's more important than your own personal equipment varies from game to game.

Heh, I guess I should read manuals. I felt really guilty spending that gold on myself, thinking it was the teams gold. I spent about 30k on that base and only probably 4k on myself.

blitz64

dionysus said:
Do you use team gold to buy this equipment? Is it even worth it to spend money on base upgrades? I like the trebuchet upgrade and a few others, but really its a demigod game. What was the consensus in the beta?

The only upgrades worth getting are minion upgrades:

priest -> angels -> catapulsaurus -> giants

I never buy anything else. Once you get giants, the game is over in 3 minutes if the other side hasn't upgrade to giants.

Pro tip: Upgrade priest and angels at the same time. Don't just upgrade priest because it will give experience to the other team. You don't get to level up as much because there's no minions for you to kill if you upgrade priest only.

Or if you are really good, upgrade priest, angel, catapulsaurus all at the same time by saving up money.

Spend money on yourself first to fill the 5 gear item slots. then once you have 5 items: head, hands, feet, body, ring. then start spending on the base upgrade.

poweld

blitz64 said:
You can install it on as many computers as you like and play on LAN. Even the developers want you to do this since the game was design to play on LAN with just 1 CD. I'm too lazy to dig up that thread from the official forums

Stardock said that EULA agreement is just a general one copied from Sins or another game. I bought the digital version and have it installed on 3 computers. Since download was so fast even for launch day(20 minutes for 2gb), i downloaded it 3 times.
Really? I'm gonna have to re-read it when I get home (as I type this I realize how sad my life is).

"Spend money on yourself first to fill the 5 gear item slots. then once you have 5 items: head, hands, feet, body, ring. then start spending on the base upgrade."

Actually, you're not limited to that. You can buy 5 helms if you want. When playing mana intensive characters I often get 2 helms as fast as possible (1 has some mana and +70% mana regen, the other has +11 mana per second, so together it's like 18 mana per second) and then later get the one helm that has +20 mana per second. Then I'll pick up some other items like body or gloves, whatever works. Since the different items excel at different things (Body is for health/armor, Helm for mana, boots for speed/evasion, gloves for weapon damage, rings for whatever) someone may prefer to stick to just one or two types of items.

poweld

Teknopathetic said:
"Spend money on yourself first to fill the 5 gear item slots. then once you have 5 items: head, hands, feet, body, ring. then start spending on the base upgrade."

Actually, you're not limited to that. You can buy 5 helms if you want. When playing mana intensive characters I often get 2 helms as fast as possible (1 has some mana and +70% mana regen, the other has +11 mana per second, so together it's like 18 mana per second) and then later get the one helm that has +20 mana per second. Then I'll pick up some other items like body or gloves, whatever works. Since the different items excel at different things (Body is for health/armor, Helm for mana, boots for speed/evasion, gloves for weapon damage, rings for whatever) someone may prefer to stick to just one or two types of items.
Wait, you can use two helms at the same time? Really?
That is bonkers.

dionysus

Yaldog
Wow, no wonder yall were destroying me last night in the late game. These items really increase power a ton. I was basically invincible once I outgeared my opponents.

"So apparently I got a duplicate key that was already registered. The wonders of copy protection. :|"

Did you buy through Impulse or did you get a retail copy?

poweld

Teknopathetic said:
No, we haven't. They actually just took down the matchmaking servers for small (15 minute) downtime.
Yeah, game is called on account of server maintenance. I'm sitting in the #neogaf irc (irc.stardock.com) channel if you guys want to congregate there.

Fuck, I finally finished the download only to get this awesome error: 'Download file invalid ; md5s do not match server.'
I uninstalled everything and started to redownload, but it keeps downloading something thats only 1.88 gigs...isn't that only the patch? ...why doesn't it download the 2-some gigs that's the core game first?

Big-E

Played my first game online and went 17-0 with Regulus. Quite fun though I need to find a proper build order.

dionysus

Yaldog
When yall play Queen of Thorns, do you even bother buying minions from the item shop or do you wait till after you are equipped??

poweld

dionysus said:
When yall play Queen of Thorns, do you even bother buying minions from the item shop or do you wait till after you are equipped??
I do the latter, since having some mana regen armor and items seems to help more in the beginning.
Also, her AoE attack (in closed form) really takes out minions well early on, so the extra firepower isn't that necessary.

I don't get shop idols at all. Queen can heal herself well enough by Mulching her shamblers and with entourage and that other passive skill, they have a decent amount of health and damage.

And I'll probably be starting another game in about 30-45 minutes.

Top Bottom