• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official GDC 2010 Thread

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
hmm, i should have looked in advance. When is the Akira keynote? I want to try and go to it

°°ToMmY°° said:
he was asking if that twitter was a MM's one or a fan made.

reading comprehension FTL.

no . i meant who was the tweet towards. could be talking about game journalist or MM devs or just random people that want to go there. sorry for the confusion :lol.

DMPrince said:
no . i meant who was the tweet towards. could be talking about game journalist or MM devs or just random people that want to go there. sorry for the confusion :lol.

MM refers to each other as molecules, so she's likely talking about some team members that are at GDC.

Snowballo

Corto said:
The writer in that part of the text is just saying that Sony can scream "FIRST" as some of the commenters on youtube annoyingly post when commenting on videos. Then the rest of the first paragraph takes all doubt that that is the case:

Very kind.
Thanks for explanation.
Now I got it.
FIRST?

Apenheul

At the moment the most popular tracks at the GDC seem to me the Independent Games Summit sessions, too bad I had obligations almost all day but at least I've been able to see a couple of sessions.

ThatGuy

derFeef said:
No one mentioned yet that Epic does 2 conferences? Speculation starts here.
It was already cleared up the 2nd conference is a presentation of "All Points Bulletin" which is using the UE3 engine.

derFeef

ThatGuy said:
It was already cleared up the 2nd conference is a presentation of "All Points Bulletin" which is using the UE3 engine.
Ah okay, so they show the game off? Hopefully it has improved a bit.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there a Nintendo conference or is Sakamoto the only Nintendo developper doing something at GDC? =/

Apenheul

Bisnic said:
Is there a Nintendo conference or is Sakamoto the only Nintendo developper doing something at GDC? =/

Sakamoto is the only one afaik, but there are LOTS of huge WarioWare D.I.Y. posters around the conference rooms, and movies playing so I expect the talk to be mostly about WarioWare DIY.

GDC: Joe Danger Hands-On

Even though it's a downloadable game, Joe Danger looks to be quite the comprehensive title. Not only does each level feature a great deal of replayability, there are simply a lot of levels to play through. And if that isn't enough, the level editor allows players to share and create an infinite number of levels between their PSN friends. The creator should be familiar to anyone that's created a LittleBigPlanet level, featuring a toolkit that greatly resembles Media Molecule's "Pop It" device. Like in LittleBigPlanet, changes to levels are playable in real-time, allowing creators to receive near-instant feedback on the playability of their levels.

However, there is one large caveat with the editor: There is no dedicated server support where player-created levels can live. Instead, created levels can only be sent as PSN messages to other players on one's Friends list. It would be impossibly expensive to maintain a server where user-created levels are housed, although Hello Games is more than welcome to add that support ... provided the studio can sell enough copies of Joe Danger to afford that capability.

Another potential shortcoming of Joe Danger is its lack of online play. The team doesn't think this is a much-demanded feature for PSN games, though, and notes the limited online community for games like Crash Commando. In place of online mulitplayer is an exciting split-screen competitive mode, where players race each other to the finish.

some other stuff.

Nelo Ice

Banned
^i wonder if red lynx can provide dedicated server support for created lvls since they've definitely sold enough copies of trials hd :lol

When is Epic holding their conference? Might get a game announcement there, have to read the live blog atleast.

I am excited for Sony's press conference today though :D However I am not get too hyped, don't want to end up disappointed.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Apenheul said:
Sakamoto is the only one afaik, but there are LOTS of huge WarioWare D.I.Y. posters around the conference rooms, and movies playing so I expect the talk to be mostly about WarioWare DIY.

Well, i'm disappoint, i wanted to see Iwata a little.

I don't give a shit about Wario, so there better be some great Metroid trailer or something.

Violater

gofreak said:
'Years' could mean 2012. Which will be still firmly PS3 territory methinks...

I expect Santa Monica to release another "Major" ps3 title when other first party devs are working on their PS4 release.

Top Bottom