• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official GDC 2010 Thread

Garjon

gofreak said:
12am GMT.
Cool, for some reason I thought we were in DST.

Also, do we have any idea how long this thing'll last? I'm surprised we're this close to it and we know so little about it. Sony must be paying their ninjas overtime.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Garjon said:
Cool, for some reason I thought we were in DST.

Also, do we have any idea how long this thing'll last? I'm surprised we're this close to it and we know so little about it. Sony must be paying their ninjas overtime.

We don't know much about this keynote because this is GDC, geared towards devs and not really the venue to show off a lot to the consumer. Things do tend to get announced at GDC though but it isn't the main focus of the conference, it is also a given being that it is new tech that Sony is going to show "Arc" to get devs to invest in it.

Going to be very interesting to see out of what all they show is an actual game or merely a demo to demonstrate the tech, with this supposed to be launching in Autumn should get a good look at a game or two. :D

Garjon

Not a Jellyfish said:
We don't know much about this keynote because this is GDC, geared towards devs and not really the venue to show off a lot to the consumer. Things do tend to get announced at GDC though but it isn't the main focus of the conference, it is also a given being that it is new tech that Sony is going to show "Arc" to get devs to invest in it.

Going to be very interesting to see out of what all they show is an actual game or merely a demo to demonstrate the tech, with this supposed to be launching in Autumn should get a good look at a game or two. :D
True but we don't even know who's hosting (my guess is a Tretton/Hirai tag team with a Butler cameo).
Yes, I am quite positive this will be where Sony finally shows off the Arc properly. But a 1 hour Arc tech demo? Not quite so likely. I think Sony will want to unveil a big game for the Arc to be released for the Holidays. Also, it's weird that not that many websites have picked up on this presser either, though I suppose their attentions will be elsewhere (and rightly so :p).

careksims

Says the Livestream for Sony is around 4pm? Man gotta wait a bit. Still looking forward to it.

LOL at DMPrince's response to Kagari!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Kagari said:
:lol Oh snaps!

Maybe they'll secretly show new stuff about Versus XIII

lol

So it's 12am UK time? I was sure it was 1am UK time.

Hopefully 12, I have an early start tomorrow (sorry if this has already been asked, I'm just on GAF due to half time between Man Utd/AC Milan).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
ULTROS! said:
Maybe they'll secretly show new stuff about Versus XIII

lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Pipe dreams, son! Pipe dreams!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
BradleyUK said:
Sony Conference:

PS3 firmware
Motion control
I don't expect anything more than that. Maybe that LBP2 people were talking about (with Motion Control support).

yurinka

I think it's a good idea to create one. If not, this one will be full people first asking the hour and the stream URL, and then talking about the announcements.

I think it would be cool to leave that for the general announcements.

yurinka said:
I think it's a good idea to create one. If not, this one will be full people first asking the hour and the stream URL, and then talking about the announcements.

I think it would be cool to leave that for the general announcements.

i think they should read the first post then :lol

darkwing said:
nuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

most likely the conference will be about the 3D Firmware update
sales and lots of playstation network integration and sales data and the future of all sony products and sales.

BradleyUK

NinjaFusion said:
why do you say this?

guess the firmware for 3dtv is due soon?

They will announce the support they got & the games on motion controller.

The next update will include 3D features & more.

wizword

Banned
There is no way joe danger isn't online. The whole point of having a level editor is for online levels. Sigh. Biggest disappointment.

Phreak47

Hmmm... Sony press conference soon.

3D update blah blah blah... "Playstation Move"...how about a GT5 release date.
Oh, and while they're at it... cure for cancer.

Wizeguy21

Phreak47 said:
Hmmm... Sony press conference soon.

3D update blah blah blah... "Playstation Move"...how about a GT5 release date.
Oh, and while they're at it... cure for cancer.

Didn't they already cure cancer with all the folding I've been doing?

ezekial45

Banned
Will any of the others sessions and keynotes be made available online at some point? I want to see what Yamaoka and the Arkham Asylum sessions have to say.

Top Bottom