• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official GDC 2010 Thread

MrPliskin

Banned
DMPrince said:
if priced reasonably without any stupid DRM then i'm game... and universal in-game music please!

Universal in-game music at this point is not really viable across the board for all games. I honestly think they can better spent their resources elsewhere, like improving features of the PSN service as a whole, or continuing to perfect the XMB user experience (i.e. directly linking you to messages when they're sent, directly showing the trophy's you unlock when you get them, all when pressing the PS Button).

There are many many things I think they can improve on before they start looking into adding new features.

MrPliskin said:
Universal in-game music at this point is not really viable across the board for all games. I honestly think they can better spent their resources elsewhere, like improving features of the PSN service as a whole, or continuing to perfect the XMB user experience (i.e. directly linking you to messages when they're sent, directly showing the trophy's you unlock when you get them, all when pressing the PS Button).

There are many many things I think they can improve on before they start looking into adding new features.
sony don't really improve anyways. they add features to distract us.

belvedere said:
Is that nope, they aren't, or nope, you don't know?

I thought someone mentioned that G4 was going to host it live on TV?
well on tvguide. what's airing on G4 at that time is AotS. stuff like this really can't see it be on TV. online is good enough since they are streaming it live.

Phreak47

MrPliskin said:

I think they meant a PSN Music store, not in-game music (which is already supported but must be incorporated in each title.)

MrPliskin

Banned
Nakazato said:
we should see new games wand and Firmware

Really? I dont' think we'll get any big announcements about new Firmware. This is GDC afterall. We'll see though. I'd be glad to see some Firmware announcements, but I expect none.

Blablurn

DMPrince said:
What are the odds of them announcing a price cut for the system now?

the ps3 is selling pretty good at the moment and there are shortages. there won't be a price cut any time soon.

androvsky

Well, they're shipping a slightly lighter slim now (shrunk RSX, smaller heatsink I'm guessing), but I suspect that just gets them to the breakeven point. Only thing I would expect is PS2 BC, I've joked that you'll know when Sony stops losing money on selling PS3s by the software PS2 BC announcement.

Nakazato

MrPliskin said:
Really? I dont' think we'll get any big announcements about new Firmware. This is GDC afterall. We'll see though. I'd be glad to see some Firmware announcements, but I expect none.

Its the perfect time to get firmware out the way so sony can focus on games and maybe psp2 at E3. The only thing kind firmware-ish we should get from e3 imo is psn paid services. Im think is they talk about firmware tonight it will be about the 3d firmware update.

Phreak47

BlazingDarkness said:
I have zero expectations, forgot it was even tonight til about ten minutes ago. Perfect frame of mind!

It is...

The only expectations, really, because we've already heard them:

- Firmware 3.20 with 3D support
- "Playstation Move"... possible "official" unveiling with official name, release date, possibly mentioning Tiger Woods 10 as the first to support it (hot coffee minigame? lololol)
- Maybe something about the Phyre middleware coming to PSP

Nice potential bonus: More about Socom 4? Probably not.

yurinka

Kafel said:
No online ???

:lol :lol :lol :lol
WHAT? I thought it was a play/create/share game!!! :/ Major dissapointment.
Phreak47 said:
I think they meant a PSN Music store, not in-game music (which is already supported but must be incorporated in each title.)
Yes, Sony has a lot of music business. They also mentioned to include a music store in their portable gadgets integrated PSN, so it would be really bizzarre to don't include it in PS3/PSP.

Tiktaalik

FROM METROID TO TOMODACHI COLLECTION TO WARIOWARE: ...
Yoshio Sakamoto (Nintendo)
Thurs 10:30AM

Someone please go to this and then write a thread about it!!!

DarkWish

Tiktaalik said:
FROM METROID TO TOMODACHI COLLECTION TO WARIOWARE: ...
Yoshio Sakamoto (Nintendo)
Thurs 10:30AM

Someone please go to this and then write a thread about it!!!
Yea, that should be starting now but I haven't seen anyone saying they're covering it. Hopefully we get something soon!

DarkWish said:
Yea, that should be starting now but I haven't seen anyone saying they're covering it. Hopefully we get something soon!

At the very least, Craig Harris is having a sit down with Sakamoto today.

Tiktaalik

You can follow a ghetto live blog by reading the search.twitter of "Sakamoto"

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=sakamoto

The only interesting news to come from this so far is:

- Friend Collection is nearing 3 million sales in JP
- Warioware DIY features a Metroid microgame made by Sakamoto
- Metriod Other M starts directly where Super Metroid ended.

edit:

- Dario Argento's "Deep Red" is Yoshio Sakamoto's biggest inspiration (????)

DarkWish

From Nintendo of America's twitter...

"Mr. Sakamoto just showed a Metroid microgame he created with WarioWare: D.I.Y. to #GDC attendees at his lecture..."

"WarioWare: D.I.Y. fans: you will soon be able to download and play the custom Metroid microgame that Mr. Sakamoto showed today at #GDC!!"

Tiktaalik said:
You can follow a ghetto live blog by reading the search.twitter of "Sakamoto"

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=sakamoto

The only interesting news to come from this so far is:

- Friend Collection is nearing 3 million sales in JP
- Warioware DIY features a Metroid microgame made by Sakamoto
- Metriod Other M starts directly where Super Metroid ended.

edit:

- Dario Argento's "Deep Red" is Yoshio Sakamoto's biggest inspiration (????)

That's crazy.
In a good way, of course.

Top Bottom