• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official GDC Thread (March 23-27, 2009) of "Megatons?" and Getting Stupid.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I think we're going to see Red Steel 2, *maybe* Dragon Quest Swords 2 (new SE patent very similiar to the first one) and another 1st party Nintendo game using motion plus.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Deadly Cyclone said:
You know, a NEW IP from Nintendo once in a while wouldn't be so bad... Sure Zelda and Marios will be great games and sell forever but let's get those teams together on something new. Also where the hell is my Pokemon MMO?

Yes I'll take some new IPs from the big teams over a new Zelda or Mario

Wrath2X said:
No offense to Sam Kennedy, but too many time I heard a game journalist hype up something for it to be nothing.

Guys don't get your hopes up.

it happens sometimes but I'm not sure why he'd fabricate this. It may not be earth-shattering but if he says there's new announcements, there are probably new announcements.

Aaron Strife said:
Let's all make predictions on what the third party games are:

Grand Theft Auto Wii
Final Fantasy VII remake
Kingdom Hearts 3
Chrono Break
Metal Gear Solid 5
Mario and Sonic Not At The Fucking Olympics But On a Platforming Adventure
RE2make
Halo 4
You forgot Duke Nukem Forever :D

wRATH2x

Banned
HK-47 said:
Yes I'll take some new IPs from the big teams over a new Zelda or Mario

How about some Wii *Insert random activity here*?

Yeah like that will happen. any hope for a new IP for us died with the revealing of WiiFit for me.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
How about a new Official GDC thread ?
(Sorry Wii Will Rock U )

Spiegel

schuelma said:
I think we're going to see Red Steel 2, *maybe* Dragon Quest Swords 2 (new SE patent very similiar to the first one) and another 1st party Nintendo game using motion plus.

Yeah, he's also including *new* WiiWare and VC announcements so I don't expect much more.

20 Gb HDD and Saturn games for VC confirmed

Spiegel said:
Yeah, he's also including *new* WiiWare and VC announcements so I don't expect much more.

20 Gb HDD and Saturn for VC confirmed
Saturn VC would be amazing even though the only game I'd probably dl is NiGHTS.

markatisu said:
So IGN and 1up are now fully on board the Hype Train....interesting

IGN has given no indication that they know what will be announced. They just figure that something is bound to be announced since only the first five minutes are allowed to be covered, which doesn't make too much sense. 1up, however, seems to know something.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
clashfan said:
How about a Zelda game you play as Zelda?

This I could get hyped about, especially if it had styling magic and bow based combat. Nintendo's treatment of Zelda is a big sore point with me...I'm looking at you Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess. How about we try some different Nintendo and try to make a female not called Samus do something other then getting captured?

Ramenman

What's awesome about this thread is its title.

If I hadn't seen the thread when it first surfaced I'd think there's been a title change due to zelda-crapping.

It looks exactly like a mod edited it to reflect the current content, and it's so fitting, and yet it has always been this way.

:O

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Iwata's going to say something like, "I announce Zelda Wii," and that will be all, and there will be a huge thread just like when Miyamoto leaked out of his anus that Pikmin 3 exists.

h3ro

BrandNew said:
should I post more fanart

I can post more fanart if you want

Art_006.JPG

traveler

Not Wario
I know this is GDC and I shouldn't hope for any game announcements (despite the several that have been made today and yesterday) but if we were to get a nice little present from Iwata tomorrow, I'd rather see the new Pikmin than the new Zelda.

jmonteiro

Rapping Granny said:
When is the Fumito Ueda keynote?

holy shit we got zelda fan art, this is worst than kz2 gifs.

Tomorrow at 10:30 am (PST), right after Satoru Iwata's keynote. Tomorrow will be a good day :)

I will post updates here...

And on Thursday at 10:30 am (PST) is Kojima's keynote :D :D

EDIT: Ueda's session is a game design panel not a keynote so don't expect any announcements.

Azure J

Ramenman said:

If I hadn't seen the thread when it first surfaced I'd think there's been a title change due to zelda-crapping.

It looks exactly like a mod edited it to reflect the current content, and it's so fitting, and yet it has always been this way.

So very, very true. Meanwhile, I so see one of the mods getting in here and starting the purging and locking at this rate.

Meanwhile, here I am wanting to find out more about M+, Wiiware, & DSiWare development and hoping that the random "OMG ZELDA NAO" doesn't drown it all out.

Still any thread can be great if I can at least get a laugh from it, so proceed.

Dabanton

What the hell at that gif. :lol :lol

This thread will go into meltdown if their is nothing special announced by Nintendo tomorrow. :lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
traveler said:
I know this is GDC and I shouldn't hope for any game announcements (despite the several that have been made today and yesterday) but if we were to get a nice little present from Iwata tomorrow, I'd rather see the new Pikmin than the new Zelda.

Any sane person would agree

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dabanton said:
What the hell at that gif. :lol :lol

This thread will go into meltdown if their is nothing special announced by Nintendo tomorrow. :lol

I kinda hope so. There is nothing more hilarious than a brokenhearted Zelda fan.

Well other than a Killzone 2 fan in a Crysis thread

Dante said:
Such an accurate thread title.
Indeed it is. Getting stupid over hype was EXACTKY what I thought would happen and exactly what did happen.

Just read the Sam Kennedy blog post and I am now jumping on the hype train. :D

Ramenman said:

Thank you. I figured that it would turn to this so I'm happy that I made that the title!

Fersis said:
How about a new Official GDC thread ?
(Sorry Wii Will Rock U )
Nope, since no one was talking about the sessions anyway (majority of the good ones are Wednesday and Thursday) and since today was a relatively slow day, I'm letting the Zelda fanboys have their fun.

Tomorrow though, let it be known, after Nintendo's keynote, I am going to put an end to all of the talk and commentary on Zelda just so we can actually talk about other things at the show too. Problem is, aside from the Nintendo talk, Under Seige, and the XNA stuff, this has been a pretty slow show so far.

That said, if you guys want to talka bout something else at the show, post a link and START a CONVERSATION.

Amir0x

Banned
Oh is it another hype train? Is Alan Wake going to be REVEALED IN FULL again for my consumption or is it just nintendo fans again?

Top Bottom