• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official GDC Thread (March 23-27, 2009) of "Megatons?" and Getting Stupid.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
jmonteiro said:
Tomorrow at 10:30 am (PST), right after Satoru Iwata's keynote. Tomorrow will be a good day :)

I will post updates here...

And on Thursday at 10:30 am (PST) is Kojima's keynote :D :D

EDIT: Ueda's session is a game design panel not a keynote so don't expect any announcements.
Have you been on some of the many many Insomniac presentation ?

Blueblur1 said:
Why are there so many GDC threads?
People are stupid, hence the thread title.

If people have news about happenings at GDC, they are meant to be posted here. I made this thread so we could avoid the flood of new threads. Spread the word, post all GDC news and announcements here.

GDC09: PixelJunk Eden profitable after one day of sales

Publishers looking for a quick buck don't need to focus their efforts solely on the iPhone. Sony's Susan Panico touted the values of PSN development by providing a case study on PixelJunk Eden, Q-Games' third PSN-exclusive title. Panico told the GamesBeat audience that "PixelJunk Eden made its return on investment within 24 hours." Sales after that period become pure profit.

Of course, the success of Eden is a little unsurprising, considering the popularity of PixelJunk Monsters. Regardless, it's impressive that a small independent studio was able to create a trusted franchise exclusively through the PlayStation Network. With so much green made off of Eden, it's no wonder Q-Games is working on an expansion for the game. Eden Encore will be available in April.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/d4h479

Good news for Q-Games:D

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I had a dream~

Zelda~

Where are you~
I cannot see you through this haze~

Zelda~

I hear you calling~
I try to answer but I cannot speak~

~~~~

Ringing
Oh god the ringing

~~~~~~~~~~

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Y2Kev said:
I had a dream~

Zelda~

Where are you~

Zelda~

I hear you calling~

~~~~

Ringing
Oh god the ringing

~~~~~~~~~~

i6wpb5.jpg

jmonteiro

Fersis said:
Have you been on some of the many many Insomniac presentation ?

I'm sitting on the Insomniac full day tutorial right now (Secrets of Console and Playstation 3 programming). It's been very good until now (lunch break). Mike Acton and Joe Valenzuela presented some of their game engine tricks in the morning.

Shiggy

Y2Kev said:
I had a dream~

Zelda~

Where are you~

Zelda~

I hear you calling~

~~~~

Ringing
Oh god the ringing

~~~~~~~~~~

But it's only Retro Studios' spin-off ;)

jmonteiro said:
I'm sitting on the Insomniac full day tutorial right now (Secrets of Console and Playstation 3 programming). It's been very good until now (lunch break). Mike Acton and Joe Valenzuela presented some of their game engine tricks in the morning.
Did they explain how they pulled off the freaking awesome window crack effects in the Resistance games. I've always thought those were some amazing and realistic effects.

EDIT:
Hybrid.jpg

Picture added to compete with the amount of Link and Zelda pictures flooding this thread. I want to get the thread somewhat back on topic.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
HK-47 said:
[IG]http://i43.tinypic.com/i6wpb5.jpg[/IMG]
you guys will never get the true relationship that we have between pure forms and zelda. mock all you want, i'm going to continue to dream about the game, post it on message boards, and pretend it's totally normal and not obsessive compulsive/ass burger.

Edit: LOL at insomniac talking about technology. r2 is fugly

Jaded Alyx said:
The last one like that was shit.

Um... hmm... unless Zelda II: The Adventure of Link or the two GBC games have you play as Zelda (the only three games in the series I haven't played yet), I don't think I've played a LoZ game where Zelda is a playable character.

And what's with HK-47 spamming up this thread? Condense your shitty opinions to one post, please, it makes it easier for me to ignore them. :p

Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic Interview - Producer Joshua Miller Answers Your Questions

It’s day one of GDC 2009, and the PlayStation.Blog.Lounge is up and running, hosting media, developers and fans all week long. And right now we’re thrilled that Tarsier Studios is showing off Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic inside the Lounge to some early-bird media. You already know what the game is all about, and we also know you had many specific questions about Fists of Plastic. So Jeff went straight to SCEA Producer Joshua Miller, and he answers all your questions right here. Stay tuned for lots more from the PlayStation.Blog.Lounge throughout the week!

Source and video interview at: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...roducer-joshua-miller-answers-your-questions/

Cant wait till April 9th!:D

Some info from the comments:

- Launching in the U.S. and E.U. at the same time.
- No online play but can can have bots and change their difficulty
- Trophies
- No Taunt button. There is no taunt button but you can taunt/ pose by controlling the individual arms of your puppet using both analog sticks and the R2 & L2 buttons.
- DLC is still being discussed
- Price: $9.99 :D

HK-47 said:
Wrong handheld zelda

C'mon you can do it!
.......Batman?

TheGrayGhost said:
Um... hmm... unless Zelda II: The Adventure or the two GBC games have you play as Zelda, I don't think I've played a LoZ game where Zelda is a playable character.
Neither have I, and I thank God for it daily.

It was shit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
TheGrayGhost said:
Um... hmm... unless Zelda II: The Adventure or the two GBC games have you play as Zelda, I don't think I've played a LoZ game where Zelda is a playable character.

And what's with HK-47 spamming up this thread? Condense your shitty opinions to one post, please, it makes it easier for me to ignore them. :p
You sir have never played the CD-i Zelda games. Sure, they suck, but one has you play as Zelda in a Zelda II side scroller, and the other has you play as Zelda in a traditional Zelda like game.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'd be shocked if Nintendo revealed the newest Zelda at GDC. Would wanna save a real megaton like that for E3. But Nintendo seems to do what they want so...

HK-47 said:
Wrong handheld zelda

C'mon you can do it!

Link's Awakening?

Jaded Alyx said:
Neither have I, and I thank God for it daily.

It was shit.

Wha--?

Drkirby said:
You sir have never played the CD-i Zelda games. Sure, they suck, but one has you play as Zelda in a Zelda II side scroller, and the other has you play as Zelda in a traditional Zelda like game.

Ah. Ok. Everything makes sense, now. Proceed.

Oblivion said:
Link's Awakening?

Has to be, since PH is, you know, pretty much the best handheld LoZ.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Linkhero1 said:
Link's Awakening was the shit. :p

It was.

I'm referring to Phantom Hourglass. Sorry if some of you were trying to forget it existed. I apologize

And I'm not spamming grayghost. Put me on ignore if you want, or go drown in the blue ocean. Either is preferable, you loon

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
HK-47 said:
Wrong handheld zelda

C'mon you can do it!
Has to be Phantom Hour Glass, all the other Zelda's are great. Unless you are counting Four Swords, but that was pretty good if you could muster all 4 players.

AmericanNinja said:
Source and video interview at: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...roducer-joshua-miller-answers-your-questions/

Cant wait till April 9th!:D

Some info from the comments:

- Launching in the U.S. and E.U. at the same time.
- No online play but can can have bots and change their difficulty
- Trophies
- No Taunt button. There is no taunt button but you can taunt/ pose by controlling the individual arms of your puppet using both analog sticks and the R2 & L2 buttons.
- DLC is still being discussed
- Price: $9.99 :D
YES, YES, YES.

Seriously I have been waiting for Ragdoll Kung-Fu so it's great to hear that it's coming as soon as it is and as cheap as it is. :)

Here is a GIF to sum up my excitement for Ragdoll Kung-Fu.

1227820947389.gif

Dibbz

Darklord said:
Because it's easier than searching through 100 posts of shit to find 1 bit of news.
Yup there's no way anyone will be able to track all the happenings of GDC in one thread let alone discuss it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Drkirby said:
Has to be Phantom Hour Glass, all the other Zelda's are great. Unless you are counting Four Swords, but that was pretty good if you could muster all 4 players.

Four Swords is great and so is the GC version that was butchered by Nintendo's stupid need to shoehorn connectivity in.

Picking people up and refusing to put them down never got old

jmonteiro

Wii Will Rock U said:
Did they explain how they pulled off the freaking awesome window crack effects in the Resistance games. I've always thought those were some amazing and realistic effects.

Nope, up until now is more about how they moving all the code to the SPUs. Very good stuff but very technical, C / assembler / dma code all over the slides

Y2Kev said:
I had a dream~

Zelda~

Where are you~

Zelda~

I hear you calling~

~~~~

Ringing
Oh god the ringing

~~~~~~~~~~

The Ledgend of Zelda Meets DragonballZ

This story takes place after Link has defeated Ganon and in the dragonballZ timeline were the Androids have just arrived.

Link and Zelda are sitting in Hyrule castle drinking some red wine in front of a fire when a small shimmering light comes flickering in the notices this light and then jumps up in excitement as he realizes its his child hood friend, Navi. When he jump up he throws Zelda off of him and she land on the ground with a thud.
"NAVI!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?" Link asked in excitement.
"Link have a seat for what I am about to tell you will astound you" Navi repies in a grim voice. Link takes a seat after helping up Zelda.
"I'm ready..." Link says in a serious voice.
"Good, there is a new danger but it is not directly in our world...in a land far form here there are very evil beings called "androids" in which will end up destorying there whole world and after that they will come here. They are increadably stong and increadably evil. They need the help of the ledgendary hero. You must pull the sword once again, and save the balence of the universe. Please will you help these people? They need your help..."
Link stood with an angry glare in his eyes, his head tilted down a walked out of the room and down the stone hallway. He threw open the doors of a small room and he emered with a green tunic on his brown boots, mirrored sheid in hand.
"Thats the Link I remember!" Navi shouted as he hovered over his head.
"Just one more thing...MY SWORD!" Link shouted. He barged out of the castle door and went into the temple of time. He pulled a small blue insterment out of his pocket and put it to his he played a melody on the insterment a symbol over the stone door in front of him open and a light poured he walked up to the pedistal of time a flash of light blinded him and out steped a very fimilar face. It was the face of Shike.
"I cannot come with you Link, and I know you will need as much help as you can get...please dont forget me when you are gone, and remember this song it will give you strength when you are weary." The figure pulls out a harp and begins to play a very sorrowful song.
Link puts the insterment to his lips and plays the melody "I will remember...forever"
He wispered as he looked at the figure in front of him disaper. He steped up to the sword and grabed it by the hilt. Pulling out of the stone unto which it lay with great ease. A blue light surrounded him and soon he was transported to the Temple of sages. There he met with all his old friends.
"Link we know of your newest quest, and we have agreed to give you a new item. This is called the Triforce Pendant. It gives the beared an increadable power. We know not what the power is but it is said my ledgend to be the greatest in the land."As this was said Saria hands Link a pendant with three golden triangels on Link placed the necklace around his neck, he felt himself being pulled form the sacred relm and Hyrule itself to a new stands on a small cliff overlooking what seemed to be some sort of city.
At the same time the Z fighters were gathering.
"Well guys we are all here...eccept for Vegeta. Were could he be?"Goku asked.
"I dont know after a while I just lost track of him."Bulma replied as she played with baby Trunks.
"Well its 10:00 and no sign of the androids yet."Yamcha said as he looked down at the huge city below him.
"Hmmm....Lets see here lets get the biggest power reading out there..." Piccolo said as he looked around. "Well...well, Wow we got ouselves a whoper here guys. Its in that direction and it feels like a 1,000 at most" He said with a smirk.
"Lets go and check it out..." Kririn all began to float into the air and head in the direction of the power Piccolo had felt just momments before. As they got closer they all heard a very soothing melody and saw a small lad around the age of 16 sitting on a cliff playing an first to land by him was Goku and the others hoverd above as Goku had requested.
"Hello there...My name is Goku an who are you?"The lad looked up from his inserment and stood up."My name is Link are you the one I was sent to help in the battle agenst the androids?" Link asked.
"YOU ARE GONNA HELP ME?" Goku pointed at Link and fell over in laughter. Link looked at him and just sat back on the ground shakeing his head.
"Guys its ok come on down" The others landed softly."This guy says he is gonna help us HAHAHAHAHA!!!!" They all looked at him and then began to snicker.
At about this time an exposion happend in the sky behind them. All the Z fighters looked quickly and Link also stood.
"Its them!" Piccolo shouted as they saw two figures head into the city.
TO BE CONTINUED.

[Nintex] said:
Well Surfertranny's record has been pretty good, but I seriously doubt that Aonuma isn't wokring on it.
The rumor if I remember correctly was that there were two zelda games: a spin-off by Retro and proper Aonuma one.

Guled

Wii Will Rock U said:
People are stupid, hence the thread title.

If people have news about happenings at GDC, they are meant to be posted here. I made this thread so we could avoid the flood of new threads. Spread the word, post all GDC news and announcements here.
um, this thread is pretty much useless since its filled with a bunch of zelda bullshit. If it wasn't for those "stupid" people I would have to go to kotaku for my GDC news

Wii Will Rock U said:
YES, YES, YES.

Seriously I have been waiting for Ragdoll Kung-Fu so it's great to hear that it's coming as soon as it is and as cheap as it is. :)

Here is a GIF to sum up my excited for Ragdoll Kung-Fu.

1227820947389.gif

HAHAHAHHA:lol

pakkit

Banned
I love Zelda, but I'm not sure if I want 2 Zelda spinoff games on my Wii. Retro can seduce me very easily though...

hwateber

Wii Will Rock U said:
YES, YES, YES.

Here is a GIF to sum up my excited for Ragdoll Kung-Fu.

1227820947389.gif
I think your gif practically sums up Ragdoll Kung-Fu

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
jmonteiro said:
Nope, up until now is more about how they moving all the code to the SPUs. Very good stuff but very technical, C / assembler / dma code all over the slides
So jealous right now:D
Well at least im gonna read the presentations on their website

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
And what's with TheGreyGhost spamming up this thread? Condense your shitty opinions to one post, please, it makes it easier for me to ignore them. :|

[Nintex]

pakkit said:
I love Zelda, but I'm not sure if I want 2 Zelda spinoff games on my Wii. Retro can seduce me very easily though...
There can never be enough Zelda, Excite, Metroid and F-Zero. Since two of those seem to be officially dead, we have to settle for the others.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
[Nintex] said:
There can never be enough Zelda, Excite, Metroid and F-Zero. Since two of those seem to be officially dead, we have to settle for the others.

Actually yes you can. Tons of people were burned out from Zelda after TP and PH. Metroid and F-Zero dont release nearly as often

Top Bottom