• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official GDC Thread (March 23-27, 2009) of "Megatons?" and Getting Stupid.

[Nintex]

I Push Fat Kids said:
So my friend who has a friend who works at Gamefaqs just told him a Zelda MMO got announced. Full M+ support.
Is this a classic:
Gamefaqs > internet > Gamefaqs situation?

Chinner

Banned
Y2Kev said:
emot-smug.gif
so good

Sadist

I'm not getting excited... I'm not getting excited...

Its the first screens and trailer for Pikmin 3. I'm guessing. That alone would make me happy :D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Not sure if old, but here's details on a PSN/XBLA Star Trek game:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/965/965792p1.html

In production since the third quarter of 2008, Star Trek: D.A.C. will be a top-down space shooter -- think Geometry Wars for twelve players online -- and it'll be based on the new J.J. Abrams movie. Gamers will break into squads of six and go at it as either the Federation of the Romulans. Now, before you get all nerded up about how this will play into the events of the film, I'll tell you that it doesn't.

Due on XBLA in May, and sometime thereafter on PSN.

pakkit

Banned
I Push Fat Kids said:
Well also, I was having spaghetti today and the noodles took the shape of the tri-force.
Were they uncooked? It'd be highly improbable to have that straight-rule formation without raw spaghetti. I think you should cook the spaghetti.

clashfan

Kibbles said:
Where the hell is this "very cool stuff" OXM promised Microsoft would show today?

Maybe they are talking about the new xna stuff that was announced? Now back to talking about zelda...

Chumly

"In terms of highlights coming out of this show, I’d say Nintendo’s Iwata keynote is the one that you’ll really want to watch (Jeremy will be live blogging it tomorrow morning). I thought he was just going to be talking about Motion Plus and DSi, but it turns out he’s going to be announcing quite a few new games — for Wii, Wiiware, and Virtual Console (and this won’t just be Nintendo titles, but also third party stuff). I’ve already heard about a few of them (including one that makes me all giddy…I can’t wait for tomorrow now).
Sam Kennedy’s Full Blog Post on 1up.com"
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Shurs

TheGrayGhost said:
Just my intuition.

Remember, LoZ Wii had reportedly already been in the beginning stages of development when Twilight Princess was released, which places it well before the announcement of WiiMotion+. There have been rumblings that Nintendo delayed most of their projects to adjust to this device's new capabilities, and that includes LoZ Wii.

I think we'll see as long a wait period as we did between A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time, which is both frustrating and something worth celebrating.

Just fucking type out Zelda.

pakkit

Banned
voltron said:
Is that even a possibility? (I havent been totally keeping up)
With Nintendo, everything is a possibility. Just go in expecting nothing, and you're guaranteed to come out happy.

Aquanox

The third Zelda in a row using basically the same steel. I'm not sure I could get really excited about it.

And to think it used to be a technical milestone back in the Ocarina times.

Tiktaalik

Speevy said:
As much as I love PSN/XBLA, where the hell is Ueda?

GDC isn't really the place for megatons. I'm not expecting anything like this until E3.

Tomorrow Iwata will probably announce a bunch of DSi games and a DSi app store a la the iPhone app store and I think that's the biggest announcement we'll get.

Tiktaalik said:
GDC isn't really the place for megatons. I'm not expecting anything like this until E3.

Tomorrow Iwata will probably announce a bunch of DSi games and a DSi app store a la the iPhone app store and I think that's the biggest announcement we'll get.

I used to think that, too. Apparently, though, another Nintendo keynote speaker will be discussing the DSi and DSiWare.

ultim8p00

Banned
So I saw zelda zaldaing zelda in the zelda with a red zelda the size of a zelda and zelda was coming out of her zelda and she was so zelda zelda and looked like zelda zelda but it was zelda so zelda had to zelda it out but zelda didn't want to because she was so zeldaing it.

This thread disappoints me

Top Bottom