• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official GDC Thread (March 23-27, 2009) of "Megatons?" and Getting Stupid.

Kibbles

Screw Iwata, he's the reason the Goldeneye XBLA/WiiWare didn't go live. Reggie was fine with it, but he said no. Bah!!

Sadist

[Nintex] said:
907ki9.jpg
LIES

LOL

Spiegel

Tiktaalik said:
Tomorrow Iwata will probably announce a bunch of DSi games and a DSi app store a la the iPhone app store and I think that's the biggest announcement we'll get.

1UP has said that Iwata is announcing Wii, Wiiware and VC games tomorrow. You can expect some new retail game for Wii, not megaton worthy but at least there'll be something new.

I can see a 2d mario/zelda for WiiWare.

markatisu

Spiegel said:
1UP has said that Iwata is announcing Wii, Wiiware and VC games tomorrow. You can expect some new retail game for Wii, not megaton worthy but at least there'll be something new.

I can see a 2d mario/zelda for WiiWare.

1UP said we will also see some 3rd party stuff, will it be good stuff like Conduit or mediocre stuff like Dead Rising CTYD

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Can we have a new GDC thread ?
Guys can anyone make a new GDC thread ? Of course if the admins/mods allow us.

[Nintex]

sphinx said:
all you Zelda fake-hyping morons, I really hope you get permabanned.
Why does that make you feel better?

So much for the pre-GDC hype, I'll be back tommorow when the thing starts, have fun with the hype train guys.

Lakitu

st5fu
Fersis said:
Can we have a new GDC thread ?
Guys can anyone make a new GDC thread ? Of course if the admins/mods allow us.

There's no point, it's just going to continue into that. What it needs is a good few hours work from an admin and flush out all the festering shit in this thread.

OMG ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA!!!!

Tomorrow will be a glorious day if a Zelda is annouced. Sadly I will miss the event live, I will be in class but I am sure I will feel the effects of a Zelda annoucement from anywhere.

sphinx

the piano man
[Nintex] said:
Why does that make you feel better?

So much for the pre-GDC hype, I'll be back tommorow when the thing starts, have fun with the hype train guys.

because it's a bannable offense in the TERMS OF USE to post fake info or comments, even if just for the lulz.

last page we had people casually discussing new Zelda Wii pics and bullshit.

IT'S NOT FUCKING FUNNY.

sphinx said:
becasue its on the TERMS OF USE, to post fake info or comments, even if just for the lulz.

IT'S NOT FUCKING FUNNY.

but in actuality, it is

Dabanton

sphinx said:
becasue its on the TERMS OF USE, to post fake info or comments, even if just for the lulz.

IT NOT FUCKING FUNNY.

Calm down man,the thread is chilled out your bringing bad,bad vibes in here.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Tiktaalik said:
I know I'm in the minority on this one, but if I see another cookie cutter zelda/metroid game I'll be pretty disappointed.

I feel pretty similar, even though the Metroid/Zelda whore inside would lap anything up. If Iwata is going to discuss Zelda I really hope the nature of his keynote ties in with the design fundamentals of whatever changes they've made. If Zelda is shown or talked about I want the changes to be big and awesome.

He might discuss a new channel. Last year Nintendo spoke of Pay-to-Play.

Also, fuck off people whining about the hype. If journalists are going to post shit like...

In terms of highlights coming out of this show, I'd say Nintendo's Iwata keynote is the one that you'll really want to watch (Jeremy will be live blogging it tomorrow morning). I thought he was just going to be talking about Motion Plus and DSi, but it turns out he's going to be announcing quite a few new games -- for Wii, Wiiware, and Virtual Console (and this won't just be Nintendo titles, but also third party stuff). I've already heard about a few of them (including one that makes me all giddy...I can't wait for tomorrow now).

...what the fuck else do you expect? For people like me GDC is traditionally a non-big-news event where I dont get hyped or excited over anything (beyond the usual dev-talk awesome). A statement like this is a pretty big curve ball, and also entirely relevant to the thread's topic.

Get over it.

pakkit

Banned
sphinx said:
because it's a bannable offense in the TERMS OF USE to post fake info or comments, even if just for the lulz.

IT'S NOT FUCKING FUNNY.

you-make-bunny-cry.jpg

:lol wow these posts have been kinda stupid

Sitting here at GDC just chillaxin for the time being. Can't go see Iwata due to having to work for the volunteer program like 10 mins after it would end (wouldn't have enough time to get back to work :( ) but I definantly will be going to the Kojima keynote. Can't wait for tomorrow to get crazy!

Firestorm

I like how this thread contains the retardedness so that the real GDC threads aren't cluttered with people thinking it's June. Thanks Wii Will Rock U.

Spiegel

markatisu said:
1UP said we will also see some 3rd party stuff, will it be good stuff like Conduit or mediocre stuff like Dead Rising CTYD

Like someone has said a fair bet would be Red Steel 2. You have to remember that RS was demoed at E3 06 in the Nintendo Conference

Azure J

Firestorm said:
I like how this thread contains the retardedness so that the real GDC threads aren't cluttered with people thinking it's June. Thanks Wii Will Rock U.

Hey, I'm not retarded. I thought we were cool... :p

Mamesj

Banned
sphinx said:

IT'S NOT FUCKING FUNNY.

Congrats, you've made it funnier!

Top Bottom