• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGaf Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Thread

DieH@rd

Banned
Im curently at last savepoint before fight with Sephy, ivl28, and i've decided to start playing Missions.

What missions do you reccomend me, where can i find some good items or materia-s, something to boost my little 3500HP that i have right now.

Is there any n00b tutorial for Materia Fusing?

Sydle

Just beat it. The ending just made the entire game worthwhile...I had no idea how attached I became to Zack's character... I was overwhelmed.

If there is a new FFVII spin-off I hope it's at least as good as Crisis Core.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I've been playing through this game lately, up to
Nibleheim
, 38% of the missions done. I kinda doubt I'll be doing all 100% of the missions, they are just so repetitive and mindless, as is the game's combat in general. Way too button-mashy, and the encounter rate is ridiculous. But, the fan-service is second to none, as are the production values, so I'm gonna stick this one out. I think I'm almost done with the main quest anyways.

Yeah, Genesis is the most emo villain I've ever encountered in an RPG, I don't like him at all.

burnfout

okay I am stuck like a bitch, help me out guys: chapter 10 I think.

I have to find Cloud some clothes in the shinra mansion, and I cant freaking find them, I read some faqs that talk about the southwest room most left drawer, but in that room I get the message " its locked, mabye the guy in charge has the key' or something, where are the clothes?

Eric_S

burnfout said:
okay I am stuck like a bitch, help me out guys: chapter 10 I think.

I have to find Cloud some clothes in the shinra mansion, and I cant freaking find them, I read some faqs that talk about the southwest room most left drawer, but in that room I get the message " its locked, mabye the guy in charge has the key' or something, where are the clothes?

Did you check the scientist, after you broke out of the vat? If not, go back.

Oni Jazar

I did it, I fucking did it! Took me all year but I finally did it!

I completed 100% the game on HARD on my first playthrough.

Let me tell you the hardest part was the Wutai castle in the beginning with the stars. The problem is there's really no easy way for you to level up, there are no save points and if you die you have to watch a 5 min unskiappable cutscene to get back into the action. After that there may have been a few close calls, but that part really had me wanting to restart on normal.

I finished 100% of the missions, got all the genji armor, got 100% of the DMWs.

Genji shield was the one I thought I would have to skip. The requirements seemed like waaay too much luck but I thought what the hell I'll give it a shot - once I had all my equipment set up I got it on the first attempt!

Super game IMO. I don't know what it was about the missions but I was addicted to them. I think it had to do with how they each demanded different skills. Some where high magic enemies, some where status dealing monsters, etc. It was always a new challenge to try. I put 15-30 mins a day almost every weekday until I finished all 300 damn missions.

Well done, you've just finished it, I've just started it. About 5 hours in, most of which was spent on the missions, it's too easy to go 'just one more'. Really liking it so far, especially the combat, it's so fast and fluid.

Ahw :( Seeing this thread get bumped reminds me that I still need to kick the final boss' ass... Does anyone here have tactics? What level should I have?

Oni Jazar

Die Squirrel Die said:
Well done, you've just finished it, I've just started it. About 5 hours in, most of which was spent on the missions, it's too easy to go 'just one more'. Really liking it so far, especially the combat, it's so fast and fluid.

Definitely the "just one more" addiction set in for me. Even though the level design was identical you could pump them out so fast I kept wanting to see how far I could get.

DieH@rd

Banned
I finished it few months ago, with 30% competed side missons. I just made a mission-run for few items. HP/Damage breakers. Last boss died with just a few 99k hits :D

Susurrus

I beat it on normal mode earlier this week. Got 100% DMW and 100% missions. Only got 2 Genji pieces though (DMW reward and one I found in a chest in a mission...).

I'll admit there were good parts to this game, but seemed real repetative to keep doing the missions, and the end missions being broken (pretty much impossible/takes forever to kill 1 guy without Costly Punch), I almost stopped, but I don't have a lot of game options for me atm.

Susurrus said:
I beat it on normal mode earlier this week. Got 100% DMW and 100% missions. Only got 2 Genji pieces though (DMW reward and one I found in a chest in a mission...).

I'll admit there were good parts to this game, but seemed real repetative to keep doing the missions, and the end missions being broken (pretty much impossible/takes forever to kill 1 guy without Costly Punch), I almost stopped, but I don't have a lot of game options for me atm.

could not agree more

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
When I first started this game I had mixed feelings about it. My overall sentiment was as follows; the combat and mission structure seems repetitive and bland. The graphics are seriously beautiful. The limit break/level up system seamed like luck and overly complicated bs. The music is fantastic.

I am a bit further in and I am loving the mission based game play. The DMW seems to make sense somewhat (would still have loved a more traditional system) and it feels great when you hit your stride in combat. The CG is such a reward and the nostalgia is in full effect for me. I hope the game has some great loot later on and I was a bit upset that you don't get anything special for 100%ing a mission folder.

Really enjoying it at this point and that combat CG scene with
seph vs ang/gen
was pretty great.

Top Bottom