• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

gdt

Speaking of Bwana...where the hell is his new EP. Lush posted a song of his a few months ago that was the shit.

gdt

Speaking of Bwana...where the hell is his new EP. Lush posted a song of his a few months ago that was the shit.

Flute Dreams

Thats the song I was talking about. This song is HUGE! Its a gigantic leap from the (pretty solid) stuff he was doing before.

Edit: Also according to his twitter profile he really likes One Piece. As in

451882-one_piece_one_piece_1.jpg

Man ive heard Burial being played out three times in my life.
jackmaster in 2011 mixed in arch angel for about a min, James Blake and kode 9 also did. Lol at thinking that is what we all head out to see of a weekend.

Other thread is just odd really, I used to post that kind of stuff like two years ago and people would humor me, then one day something clicks and you realize that most f it is soulless and your not even seeing real Djing, just ipod with fist pumping and lasers.

Thank fuck for this thread.

Its other peoples loss if they want to remain ignorant to so many good things like Nicolas jar, burial, digital mystiks, Todd terje, kahn, green velvet, hemsworth,swamp 81 guys, blawan and so many more genre spanning artists.
My passing anger is that this thread is still largely shunned and has maybe 10 posters tops dispite being well over two Yeats old.
Anyway. Who's listened to Involver3 all the way through yet?

thabiz

Man ive heard Burial being played out three times in my life.
jackmaster in 2011 mixed in arch angel for about a min, James Blake and kode 9 also did. Lol at thinking that is what we all head out to see of a weekend.

Other thread is just odd really, I used to post that kind of stuff like two years ago and people would humor me, then one day something clicks and you realize that most f it is soulless and your not even seeing real Djing, just ipod with fist pumping and lasers.

Thank fuck for this thread.

Its other peoples loss if they want to remain ignorant to so many good things like Nicolas jar, burial, digital mystiks, Todd terje, kahn, green velvet, hemsworth,swamp 81 guys, blawan and so many more genre spanning artists.
My passing anger is that this thread is still largely shunned and has maybe 10 posters tops dispite being well over two Yeats old.
Anyway. Who's listened to Involver3 all the way through yet?

i was just thinking, what happened to john.

Servbot24

Banned
Its other peoples loss if they want to remain ignorant to so many good things like Nicolas jar, burial

I lol'd
personally i find these two to be on near opposite ends of the quality spectrum. jarr is generally really shallow imo. his essential mix was pretty killer though

okno

That other thread is going down in flames, good god. I still don't understand the need for discussion. Keep that shit there and we'll keep our beep boops.

The ignorance is just... woof.

thabiz

That other thread is going down in flames, good god. I still don't understand the need for discussion. Keep that shit there and we'll keep our beep boops.

The ignorance is just... woof.

i like how they blame us, yet every second post in there, they keep bringing it up. madness.

I lol'd
personally i find these two to be on near opposite ends of the quality spectrum. jarr is generally really shallow imo. his essential mix was pretty killer though
Pfftt! Space is only noise is great,but then I'm sure we've had this disscusion before!
I was mostly pulling names off the top of my head! Missed out Sasha even though I then posted about his album..

bastard!

i only get to go to crappy NYC.
okno, ;)
Haha.
Never been to NYC but ill be sure to attempt to say hi if I make it over anytime soon!

thabiz

Pfftt! Space is only noise is great,but then I'm sure we've had this disscusion before!
I was mostly pulling names off the top of my head! Missed out Sasha even though I then posted about his album..

sasha? take it to the edm thread. only bleep bloop shit here.

okno

bastard!

i only get to go to crappy NYC.

okno, ;)

GONNA TEAR SHIT UP! Buying my Tobefdeminfengler ticket tomorrow!

Figured I'd also throw this out there: if you're in or around NYC on Sunday, I'm DJing at Yotel from 12-5pm. Not exactly my preferred venue, but I like playing there because I get five hours to play whatever the fuck I want. Since its Easter, I'm going as deep and funky as I can go. The word of the day will be "bouncy".

Can't wait to drop Einzelkind - Blues for Yous (Roman Flugel Remix) on everybody. I've got some choice cuts lined up :)

Shaneus

GONNA TEAR SHIT UP! Buying my Tobefdeminfengler ticket tomorrow!

Figured I'd also throw this out there: if you're in or around NYC on Sunday, I'm DJing at Yotel from 12-5pm. Not exactly my preferred venue, but I like playing there because I get five hours to play whatever the fuck I want. Since its Easter, I'm going as deep and funky as I can go. The word of the day will be "bouncy".

Can't wait to drop Einzelkind - Blues for Yous (Roman Flugel Remix) on everybody. I've got some choice cuts lined up :)
You're recording, aren't you?

Shit, that reminds me... I've decided to not try and work on a mix that has any new music in it because there are too many genres and too much good shit around. Just going to do one of all the stuff in my CD wallet from (mostly) around 2004-2008 (and a bit newer, too). At least that way I have some heavy nostalgia to fall back on :) Also means it'll be quite a bit more background-noise friendly, too.

Expect to see some of this shit in there :)

PS. I could only be so jealous of "only" going to NYC. You bastards. Still, Superpitcher this Sunday :D

thabiz

where is this place? i will try to make it out. if im not dead.

PS. I could only be so jealous of "only" going to NYC. You bastards. Still, Superpitcher this Sunday :D

but you have sun, sand, and surf. i have concrete and glass. and im going to go see more concrete and glass, with a giant park in the middle.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
tomorrow :)

where are you in NYC?

Im in Brooklyn for a couple days, then staying on the upper east side.

Oh shit, nice, I'm in Manhattan East Village. I've got a trance festival (lol EDM) on Saturday but should be free otherwise. Keep me posted on what you end up doing.

thabiz

Oh shit, nice, I'm in Manhattan East Village. I've got a trance festival (lol EDM) on Saturday but should be free otherwise. Keep me posted on what you end up doing.

for sure. i will drop you a pm once im in manhattan. will be tuesday or wednesday.

Shaneus

Just came across this article after I finally remembered to read that one that had "Blog Bros" in it:
What's Going to Kill the House Revival?

Without any intention of making a snide, subtle commentary about what's gone on here at GAF, my ears pricked up at this blurb:

GETTING A NAME:

There's nothing people who love dance music hate more than being pinned down and told what they are. And for good reason – generally, as soon as a scene gets a name, its stylistic tropes ossify, chancers come along to endlessly rip off the formula, people get pissed off with it and it dies.

Americans once again chose to eschew self-awareness by not calling the horrible noise they think is dance music "frat house", opting for EDM instead – and while that may not be dead yet, its soul was scared from the building a long time ago by wankers in phat pants.
Appropriate, IMO.

PS. Have a classic for Good Friday:
Pete Hellar - Big Love
<3 <3 <3

Edit: Love this overgeneralisation, which makes me laugh because I'm sure it's at least a *tiny* bit true:
AMERICANS

One of us has put this case across already, so we won't repeat the horror stories of "molly", "Camp Bisco" and "godstep". All you really need to know is that Americans pose as big a threat to house music in the twenty-teens as Europeans did to rap in the early noughties. Did Jigga shit it when he heard Sway? Did Missy pack it in when she heard Lady Sov's Ordinary Boys collaboration? No. Soon the whole world will regard Deadmau5 in the same way they see Bomfunk MCs: a boorish footnote in musical history that will forever be associated with bad weed and wet dreams.
Not that anyone else doesn't fit into that stereotype (I can think of a few Australian acts that would) but it just made me chuckle, especially with the "Europeans did to rap" line.

Miroku

Heh, the "Mike Parker" guy on the mix was my Studio in Art professor in college. We talked about electronic music quite a bit, he was friends with Ritchie even, but he never played his stuff for the class :p

Yeah Mike Parker is an art professor, thats cool you got to study under him. He makes some pretty badass records.

gdt

Just came across this article after I finally remembered to read that one that had "Blog Bros" in it:
What's Going to Kill the House Revival?

Without any intention of making a snide, subtle commentary about what's gone on here at GAF, my ears pricked up at this blurb:

Haha, oh god, is this how I'm supposed to dance to house music?

Edit: The guy in this video is a huge goddamn prick lol. "I've been doing this shit since I was 8! These newcomers to shuffling don't know shit!"

lush

That article seems like it's trying to make a point where the window to make said point passed months ago. Also, I don't even see how US EDM type shit is even relevant to any point the guy's making either. Tongue and cheek shit is just too much for me. The Disclosure prom girls pic is lifegiving though.

edit: You can embed youtube videos now?

double edit: damn it, dreams became reality for like a split second, post edited before confirmation. gdt is to blame.

okno

You're recording, aren't you?

I don't know yet, I'll probably just go full CDJ, I don't feel like carrying my laptop and all of my cables (the two blocks from my apartment to the space :p) I just want to take the stuff I want to play and nothing else, I know I'll get side-tracked too much if I take my laptop. So, if I take my laptop, yes, but most likely not.

Thabiz: it's on 42nd and 10th ave. Pretty close to a lot of subways, but still kind of out of the way.

Excited to listen to those Barry and Hood mixes on the commute tomorrow. In the mood for some techno.

gdt

That article seems like it's trying to make a point where the window to make said point passed months ago. Also, I don't even see how US EDM type shit is even relevant to any point the guy's making either. Tongue and cheek shit is just too much for me. The Disclosure prom girls pic is lifegiving though.

edit: You can embed youtube videos now?

double edit: damn it, dreams became reality for like a split second, post edited before confirmation. gdt is to blame.

I had to post a pic when he went super saiyan and put on an angry dance face.

thabiz

Thabiz: it's on 42nd and 10th ave. Pretty close to a lot of subways, but still kind of out of the way.

Excited to listen to those Barry and Hood mixes on the commute tomorrow. In the mood for some techno.

cool. is it far from brooklyn? i think i might have access to a car, but driving in is pretty much stupid right?

Barry is a must. did you check the mike humphries mix?

Shaneus

I don't know yet, I'll probably just go full CDJ, I don't feel like carrying my laptop and all of my cables (the two blocks from my apartment to the space :p) I just want to take the stuff I want to play and nothing else, I know I'll get side-tracked too much if I take my laptop. So, if I take my laptop, yes, but most likely not.

You need to find an alternate way to record stuff. If you have an iPad, just buy a camera connection kit and a cheapo Behringer USB audio interface. Then you'll be able to record in Garageband :)

daviyoung

Banned
Who's listened to Involver3 all the way through yet?

Yes I have, twice. Three times if you count going through the unmixed versions. I love it actually, a worthy sequel. Thought it was quite bland on first try though. The extras like the unmixed and beatless versions are a nice bonus in the digi release.

Yes I have, twice. Three times if you count going through the unmixed versions. I love it actually, a worthy sequel. Thought it was quite bland on first try though. The extras like the unmixed and beatless versions are a nice bonus in the digi release.

Nice! I got it just before I got on the plane and only listened to the first song, it being 13 mins was a shock! So I decided to wait till I had time to listen all the way through.
Album party is this Friday, shame I'm away as I know a guy that could have got me Vip/backstage for nothing!

Shaneus

So what the fuck. This has been pulled and there's literally no mention of it anywhere else on the internet... at least, by that name. Anyone manage to download the HD video or find an alternative title?
Anyone? Swear to god, can't find this track anywhere. Or whoever originally posted it... where did you find out about it?

PS. That Flume/LKiD track is quite nice. Like.

Top Bottom